PDA

View Full Version : Free DVD's (Movies) in exchange for RP Donations Fundraiser

PatriotOne
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I want to float this idea for input. I think most of us are aware RP needs another impressive 3rd qtr campaign donations showing. How does this sound as an attempt to encourage some more donations:

1. RP supporter's go through their DVD collections and bundle 3 DVD's they are willing to part with.

Example:
The Wedding Crashers w/ Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn
Something's Gotta Give w/ Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton
Sabrina w/ Harrison Ford and Julia Ormand

and/or

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

2. We then promise to mail (at the DVD owners expense...maybe $4-5?) our 3 bundled DVD donation to the first person who claims the DVD's (by being the first to respond to the specific DVD bundle thread) and can prove a new/subsequent RP donation of $50 or more.

If we had 100 RP supporter's bundle 3 DVD's and they were all claimed, that would be $5,000 in new RP donations. If we had 1000 RP supporter's bundle 3 DVD's and they were all claimed, that would be $50,000 in new RP donations. Or if we had 500 RP supporter's do 2 bundles of 3 DVD's, that would be $50,000 in RP donations. AND, if we really want to make some effort and spend the week contacting all the Meet-Up groups, MySpace members, Facebook members, various forums, etc., etc., etc., to make DVD donations and invite them to make new RP donations in exchange for the free DVD sets we may just get 10,000 DVD bundles :) and raise, gulp, $500,000.00 big ones :eek:.

Each person making the DVD donations would be responsible to ensure their DVD's were in good working order. No money would change hands...only proof of a new RP donation (subsequent to the offer) would be required.

Week one would consist of contacting RP supporter's in the different groups and inviting them to go through their DVD's and bundling them in lots of 3, checking them to make sure they are in good working order and then creating a thread with the DVD information (titles. description, etc.). After we have the DVD inventory, week 2 could be RP supporters previewing the offers, staking their claim to the thread and DVD's, and within the hour, making a new RP donation and providing proof of donation. DVD donators then takes the responsibility to mail the free DVD's to the person who made the RP donation.

If we got word to all the RP supporter's in all the different groups to join in, this could get quite large. Not everyone has more $ to give and some may just need to be motivated a bit to part with their hard earned cash, but not too many people don't have some great DVD's that they have already seen 3 times that they might be willing to sacrifice in the name of Liberty :) .

Does this sound like a viable idea?

If this DVD drive worked out, the same can be done with Music CD's, books, Gaming system games, or other small items that are easy and inexpensive to send through the mail.

Thoughts? Known campaign finance problems?

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:20 AM
It's a neat idea. Like our own mini barter system.

DeadheadForPaul
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
I just put up some of my old books on Amazon that I didnt like or no longer read and got $41. We can all part with things we dont need :)

PatriotOne
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
This is a good sign :) . The 2 people I have probably pissed off the most in the forum likes my idea :D . Cool :cool: Thanks LE and Deadhead. Nice to know we really can work together for the greater cause!

More input please...anyone else? Who is willing to go through there DVD's and bundle them is 3's and donate them for RP donations? Who here is willing to part with another $50.00 if they found a bundle of 3 DVD's they found worthy?