PDA

View Full Version : February 4th or 5th money bomb?

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I think it might be time to organize such a money bomb now. The campaign requested $23 million by February 5th, so we need to try and simply get the campaign as much money as possible.

February 4th
1783 - American Revolutionary War: The United Kingdom formally declares that it will cease hostilities with the United States of America.
1789 - George Washington is unanimously elected to be the first President of the United States by the U.S. Electoral College.
1792 - George Washington is unanimously elected to a second term as President of the United States by the U.S. Electoral College.

February 5th
1778 - South Carolina becomes the first state to ratify the Articles of Confederation.
Super Tuesday

Chester Copperpot
01-21-2008, 11:01 PM
REMEMBER REMEMBER the 5TH

Jobarra
01-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Bad idea. I'm HOPING every supporter in all the Feb 5th states is at a local polling place with any free time on their hands and not sitting and watching a counter go up.

davidt!
01-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I would say the 4th. A lot of people will be busy voting on the 5th.

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Thinking on it, I agree that the 4th would be best. It will get the election in everyones mind the day before.

libertythor
01-21-2008, 11:06 PM
February 6th is Ronald Reagan's Birthday; the 7th is Laura Ingalls Wilder's (someone who represented an independent and individualistic mentality).

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM
February 6th is Ronald Reagan's Birthday; the 7th is Laura Ingalls Wilder's (someone who represented an independent and individualistic mentality).

Neither are really significant in American history though. :)

ronpauleddy
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
How about this one on the 3rd!!

http://libertytax08.com/

GoRon2008
01-21-2008, 11:10 PM
i vote the 4th start of the war!!

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Yes, I like!

DFF
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Neither. The "money bomb" worked well for awhile; but now it's fizzling. It's time for us to move on and collectively embrace a different approach -- e.g. weekly donations of $25-$50 dollars.

Dibold
01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
No more money bombs. Paul needs the money FOR november 5th, wouldn't it be kind of counter-productive to have the money bomb ON THE 5th???

Same goes for Feb 4th. Giving Ron Paul 1 day to spend the money will not work either.

Right now he needs a constant flow of money. It's best to just keep donating every day or something. NO MORE MONEYBOMBS.

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Neither. The "money bomb" worked well for awhile; but now it's fizzling. It's time for us to move on and collectively embrace a different approach -- e.g. weekly donations of $25-$50 dollars.

We have had a dozen money bombs so far, most have gotten less than $500,000. I wouldn't call $1.8 million 'fizzling'. MLK Jr. money bomb had a lot of controversy. Some didn't want to celebrate the birthday of a communist, adulterer, and plagiarist. Some thought that it was just pandering and didn't like it.

No more money bombs. Paul needs the money FOR november 5th, wouldn't it be kind of counter-productive to have the money bomb ON THE 5th???

Same goes for Feb 4th. Giving Ron Paul 1 day to spend the money will not work either.

Right now he needs a constant flow of money. It's best to just keep donating every day or something. NO MORE MONEYBOMBS.

I think you mean February 5th and the campaign requested $23 million by February 5th. We have 6 months of primaries ahead of us.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Bad idea. I'm HOPING every supporter in all the Feb 5th states is at a local polling place with any free time on their hands and not sitting and watching a counter go up.QFT. Or they're rounding up voters, making phone call reminders, etc.

JiMMy_247
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
How about we just keep donating? The sooner we get him the money- the sooner he can start spending it. Holding off even for a few days at a time kind of ties their hands. Instead of donating for a day, lets just push for a number. How quickly can we get to 10 mill?

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
How about we just keep donating? The sooner we get him the money- the sooner he can start spending it. Holding off even for a few days at a time kind of ties their hands. Instead of donating for a day, lets just push for a number. How quickly can we get to 10 mill?

Money bombs get people to donate that normally would never donate. Sorry, but money bombs do not effect the normal flow of revenue to the campaign at all besides the few days before the money bomb.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
No more money bombs. A different approach is needed, like setting a daily goal from now until Super Tuesday.

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
No more money bombs. A different approach is needed, like setting a daily goal from now until Super Tuesday.

Sorry, but such things do not work as has been proven with the weekly one. Money bombs take time to advertise and they are psychological. People who would never normally donate, donate and people who donate, donate more than they would normally do so.

jsu718
01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I suggested February 2nd. Groundhog Day. Ron Paul sees his shadow and predicts 6 more weeks of economic winter.

JiMMy_247
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm just suggesting a sustaining of momentum to increase the average daily revenue. Instead of a 24 hour money bomb-a week long, or instead of time oriented-goal oriented. Ever shrinking money bombs are monetary hiccups, when what we need is an all out roar. If you do attempt another money bomb, you better find one hell of a day that can resonate and reawaken the grassroots that seem to have grown complacent.

Myerz
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
The 4th!

OKRonPaul
01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm thinking sooner, another million or two next week would be much more useful to the campaign than twice that the day before super tues.

next monday is
1909 - United States troops leave Cuba with the exception of Guantanamo Bay Naval Base after being there since the Spanish-American War. (maybe too charged????)

next sunday is
1606 - Gunpowder Plot: The trial of Guy Fawkes and other conspirators begins, and ending in their execution on January 31. (we've already done this I guess)
1825 - U.S. Congress approves Indian Territory (in what is present-day Oklahoma), clearing the way for forced relocation of the Eastern Indians on the "Trail of Tears."
1880 - Thomas Edison files a patent for his electric incandescent lamp.
1973 - Paris Peace Accords officially end the Vietnam War, Colonel William Nolde falls, becoming the conflict's last recorded American combat casualty.

and saturday
2000 - Rap-metal band Rage Against the Machine plays in front of Wall Street, prompting an early closing of trading due to the crowds.

just thinking that maybe another quick million sooner is better than 2million too late.

marhlfld
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
The Campaign needs to step up and take over donation goals again. Remember what started the moneybombs in the first place? The Inkwell and Quill pen, then the Statue of Liberty. The Campaign needs to set up a new widget. Something like the Liberty Bell, make it RING for FREEDOM! or some such thing like that. We need to build a new momentum for later money bombs, so set up a widget that new supporters can have fun watching fill up daily like we did in early Fall '07.

TruckinMike
01-22-2008, 12:13 AM

BINGO!

RPDelegate
01-22-2008, 12:22 AM
I would say the 4th. A lot of people will be busy voting on the 5th.

What he said...

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 12:25 AM
I love this idea. Let's get the money on the day that we needed the ads for ahead of time...