PDA

View Full Version : I wish Ron would say something like this at a debate

bertsbrother
01-21-2008, 10:58 PM
"Imagine if another country with a strong military invaded the United States. They said it was time for us to stop killing unborn children because we are a threat to all civilization. They came to overthrow our government and end abortion. Would we embrace them or fight back?"

Of course there are holes in the argument but I would want to hear the other candidates TRY to respond. If they said we would fight back, then they couldn't say they are really against abortion. If they said to let the other country win, then they would just look fucking insane.

Since we went to Iraq to save lives and "liberate" the Iraqi people, why don't these pro-life hypocrites try to stop abortion in our own damn country? (yeah because they are hypocrites)

It puts the Iraq war in another view that could make sense to a lot of people since they can't seem to grasp what Ron is talking about when he says "look at what we are doing from the perspective of what we would think if others were doing it to us".

I have brought up this "foreign country invading the US to stop abortion" argument to some people who support the war and they basically agree with me after that.

Unfortunately these debates seem so restricted that something this extreme could never be mentioned :(

Kotin
01-21-2008, 10:59 PM
they would simply mock the good doctor, with some awful one liner and a shit eating smile.. like mc100..

but the people will hear it. and some will recognize it, some wont, but they will later

were done being neo-conned!

Redmenace
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Thats something I would love to hear Ron say in a debate.

"Hasn't this country had enough of being Neo-Conned by these fake Republicans yet?"

bertsbrother
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
bump cause I want to see what others think of this argument

wackybrak
01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
too convoluted. i think what ron paul says now is perfect. PLUS what the heck does abortion have to do with foreign interventionism?

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Besides the economic things and his "calling it".. he should also say..

"Why do you think the Main Stream Media is censoring and black listing me? Fox censors my reply in their rebroadcasting of the debate. 'certain' media smear my name, yet I am suppose to be 'fringe' - they go out of their way to smear my supporters, me etc.. What is it that they don't America to hear? Think about it. The Media picks your candidates. You are all just choosing from a menu they prepare. Ending the War, Ending the special interests that benefit from these wars, Ending the Federal Income Tax and most of all - ending corruption. Ask yourself, is Following the Constitution something that needs to be silenced?"

Mystile
Ron's tried something like that before.

RP: Why don't they go after Canada? or the Swiss?

The Ghoul: DURR HURR THEY DON'T GO AFTER LUXEMBOURG HURR HURR

Dr. Paul is too intelligent and modest for these clowns.

wstrucke
that doesn't make any sense. obviously no one in their right mind would say "ha, yeah I'd side with the foreign country." it would be a farce if anyone posed that question in a serious debate.