PDA

View Full Version : Caucus Schedule

subdefective
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
The caucuses in Maine run from Feb 1st through 3rd, with some precints having them on different days. Most precints thus far have decided on a Feb 2nd caucus date, but a few places are on the 1st. Check out the following link to see when and where your local caucus will be: http://www.mainegop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=caucus2008schedule

CGMike
01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Many of the counties are having centralized caucus locations (especially those counties that have unincorporated townships). Counties having central caucus locations include:

Androscoggin (@ Multipurpose Center in Lewiston Sat 9am EXCEPT Mechanic Falls),

Franklin (@ UMaine Farmington Sat 2pm),

Kennebec (@ Farrington School in Augusta Sat 10am EXCEPT Pittston),

Knox (@ Samoset Resort in Rockport Sat 3:30pm, EXCEPT for Union, North Haven and Vinalhaven)

Lincoln (@ Great Salt Bay School in Damriscotta Sat 2pm),

Piscataquis (@ Superior Courthouse in Dover-Foxcroft Sat 1pm)

Sagadahoc (@ West Bath School in West Bath Sat 12pm),

Waldo (@ Troy Howard MS in Belfast Sat 9am)

Hancock, Oxford, Penobscot, Somerset and Cumberland are by individual City, Town or Plantation. York and Washington have central Polling places but some towns are not opting to use them, and up in The County, Arroostook has three Central Locations in Fort Kent, Presque Isle and Houlton. Check the above website for specific locations and times for these counties...

DFF
01-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Is this a 'simple' caucus...or a convoluted mess like LA?

CGMike
01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
There are (so far) 4 caucuses that are NOT taking place on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Town of Freeport (Cumberland) Wednesday 30th @ 6pm (Freeport Fire Station)

Town of Moose River (Somerset) Thursday 31st @ 11:30am (Jackman Town Hall)

Dennistown Plantation (Somerset) Tuesday 29th @ 6pm (Jackman Town Hall)

Town of Vinalhaven (Knox) Sunday 10th @ 2pm (Washington School/Town Office)
(this one may be a typo, since the democratic caucuses are on the 10th)

Sandra
01-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Pleasse4 find out from The National RepublicanParty if these dates are correct!

bkreigh
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Is this a 'simple' caucus...or a convoluted mess like LA?

Its kinda like the Iowa caucus

subdefective
01-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I noticed today there was an update for Penobscot county. Before the whole county was listed with just one caucus location, in Bangor, but now it is broken down by town. The majority are still caucusing in Bangor, but several locations are doing it in other areas.

Zapparulez
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
I live in California, but my Mom lives in Hartland, ME and she is a Paul supporter. Is there anything I can do to help her get out and vote in the Caucus? She is from California and likely has never participated in an actual Caucus before, and me either for that matter. What should she expect???

If you reply to this message, please copy and paste it to a private message as I am still getting lost around this site and I may not find my way back here. Thanks! ;)

bkreigh
01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I live in California, but my Mom lives in Hartland, ME and she is a Paul supporter. Is there anything I can do to help her get out and vote in the Caucus? She is from California and likely has never participated in an actual Caucus before, and me either for that matter. What should she expect???

If you reply to this message, please copy and paste it to a private message as I am still getting lost around this site and I may not find my way back here. Thanks! ;)

message sent

me3
01-25-2008, 07:16 PM

Tell her to bring friends. Bring anyone and everyone (who will vote Paul). :)

Zapparulez
01-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I just found out from her that she missed the deadline by 4 days to register Republican. Apparently, she didn't think to switch parties even though she has been a Ron Paul supporter for 6 months. :(

I was shocked to find out she was actually a registered democrat...I've pegged her for several years now as a far right winger. Far more conservative than me and I've been a registered Republican for nearly a decade. lol

I gave her a couple of numbers to call, one of which was the Ron Paul campaign HQ in Maine, but I doubt there is anything she can do now. :(

She is a registered Republican now, but 4 day too late to participate in the Caucus.

subdefective
02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
bump, so everyone in Maine knows where they need to go!

CGMike
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
TONIGHT's Caucuses

Northern Arrostook County @ UMaine Fort Kent 7pm

Bridgeton @ Bridgeton Muni Complex 6pm

Baldwin @ Baldwin Cons. School 7pm

Gorham @ Gorham HS 6pm

Brooklin @ Brooklin School 6pm

Penobscot @ Penobscot Town Hall 6:30pm

Hallowell @ Hallowell City Hall 6:30pm

Canton @ Canton Community Hall 6:30pm

Norway @ Norway Town Hall 6pm

Topsham @ Topsham Town Complex 6:30pm

Frankfort @ Frankfort Town Office 7pm

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Where can we find the results when they come in?

josephadel_3
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I have never attended a caucus yet alone voted for a presidential candidate before (I'm 19), but I have been told it is first a munincipal or county caucus to elect delegates and alternates to go to the state convention in May. There is a presidential preference poll during the caucus, and delegates aren't bound to any particular candidate so organization is even more important.

DirtMcGirt
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Looks like first maine caucus happens at 6:30 tonight with about two more later on, all the action happens on saturday by the link...

Good Luck Maine!!!
http://www.mainegop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=caucus2008schedule

Rangeley
02-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Looks like first maine caucus happens at 6:30 tonight with about two more later on, all the action happens on saturday by the link...

Good Luck Maine!!!
http://www.mainegop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=caucus2008schedule

No, there was one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, and one on Thursday already. The only one we know results from was the Wednesday one, where we got 4 of 15 delegates, Romney got 5, and McCain got 1. There were 5 open spots which noone ran for, and 3 Ron Paul supporters not in attendance at the caucus have (I believe) volunteered to fill these spots. So at this very early stage, we know the delegate count is around 7 for Paul, 5 for Romney, 1 for McCain. Theres 3500+ to go... but still, its a good start.