PDA

View Full Version : Musician Endorsements -- Why won't Eddie Vedder of PJ endorse Ron Paul?

q_castic
01-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Where the F is Eddie Vedder of PJ? They had one of the most successful tours a year or two ago and sell out ever. They're like the new Greatful Dead with legions of fans touring with the band. I personally went to 4 shows last tour and each night Ed speaks very vocally on some political issue, ususally Geo. Bush/war related. Why isn't he stepping up to the plate for RP???

Edward
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Misleading thread title.

Wells
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
it'd be nice to see more celeb endorsing

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I hate Pearl Jam.. Tool is so much better.. Tool won band of the year in 2007, not Pearl Jam..

And pearl jam and tool both released their last albums on the same day, May 2 2006.. And Tool outsold PJ by a 2 to 1 margin in the first week of sales.. 539,000 to 260,000 .. Tool was #1 worldwide on the billboard album chart, PJ wasn't

And to compare pearl jam to legendary bands like GD is a total joke

Paulitical Correctness
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Tool are a joke. :rolleyes:

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Same goes for Tool who has always preached this type of message to a legion of (imho) intelligent, self thinking fans...

"As below, so above and beyond, I imagine"

They are just afraid to step up to the plate. I think.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Same goes for Tool who has always preached this type of message to a legion of (imho) intelligent, self thinking fans...

"As below, so above and beyond, I imagine"

They are just afraid to step up to the plate. I think.

No they're not.. During their last tour they were talking to crowd about their distaste for Bush.. Saying they are thinking about moving to Canada because they hate what America has become...

Tool has been very outspoken about it.. The song "the pot" is about Buch and his hypocrisy

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Tool are a joke. :rolleyes:

Heh. you have no idea.

Watch this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4526466838521592746&q=lateralus+fibonacci&total=6&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Would you really repeat that statement?

Harpua
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
I think Eddie Veder is strongly pro-choice. I remember watching Pearl Jam on MTV's "Unplugged" in the early 90's, when he wrote "pro-choice" on his arm during one of the songs.

Paulitical Correctness
01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Not sure what the video is, I'm assuming either a live performance or a music video.

I've seen it, though. Tool fan for three years, I still own all of their albums.

I just...grew out of them. Maynard comes across as quite a douchebag, and with their latest I just can't seem to enjoy them anymore.

Carey's a fantastic drummer, however.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Heh. you have no idea.

Watch this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4526466838521592746&q=lateralus+fibonacci&total=6&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Would you really repeat that statement?

Yep, Tool's musicianship utterly destroys anyone on pearl jam.. No one can touch Danny Carey on the drums.. he is the best rock drummer of our generation bar none.. listen to the Lateralus album and be blown away .. And Adam Jones on guitar makes sounds come out of it that are simply mindblowing

q_castic
01-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Misleading thread title.

Misleading avatar. Don't be a dick. It's my thread.

jlaker
01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
I hate Pearl Jam.. Tool is so much better.. Tool won band of the year in 2007, not Pearl Jam..

And pearl jam and tool both released their last albums on the same day, May 2 2006.. And Tool outsold PJ by a 2 to 1 margin in the first week of sales.. 539,000 to 260,000 .. Tool was #1 worldwide on the billboard album chart, PJ wasn't

I freak'n love tool. Seen them in concert last summer at the Scott trade center in St Louis. I would love if Maynard would endorse Ron Paul. Two of my favorite people. :D:D:D

Harpua
Yea, Danny Carey alone makes Tool bad ass. He's one of the best out there.

isufferfromronpaulfever
Not sure what the video is, I'm assuming either a live performance or a music video.

I've seen it, though. Tool fan for three years, I still own all of their albums.

I just...grew out of them. Maynard comes across as quite a douchebag, and with their latest I just can't seem to enjoy them anymore.

Carey's a fantastic drummer, however.

Not sure why it didn't work but youtube "Lateralus Fibonacci" and I'd be surprised if you didn't think that was impressive?

It was their music that inspired me to become more of a self thinker, or enlightened.

Well before Ron Paul.

q_castic
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Misleading thread title.

Who cares?! This is about RP and why Eddie isn't behind him. I'm Greatful Jerry's Dead. But I do like Truckin' and Touch of Grey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulitical Correctness
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I know it's not fair to the music, or the band for that matter, but Maynard ruins the entire thing for me.

That, and I'm not really into that genre anymore.

I still respect them though I suppose.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Tool is the first band to match their time signatures to mathematical sequences which then tie directly into the theme of the song .. Think about that, That's incredible !! And how they do that in their songs is explained in this video --

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY&feature=related

At around 7 minutes into the video (6:50 and 7:13) it's shown why they did that... And also at around 6:22 when the "swing on the spiral" lyrics come up.. The natural "spiral sequence" of a fibonacci spiral (or circle) shown there at 6:22, matches perfectly with the verses (and the lyrical structure) of the circular fibonacci earlier in the song (when people first thought they messed up the fibonacci sequence, but in reality they changed it into a "fibonacci spiral" to conform to the theme of the song, perfectly)......

The math, time signatures, and arrangements complimenting the theme (and Lyrics) of the song is revealed from the 6:20 mark to about 7:15.. But you have to follow the whole video to see the construction of it and how it develops..

And Tool wasn't done there, if all that wasn't enough, they threw a monkey wrench at the end when the lyrics go spiral "out" .. Because a true fibonacci continues outwards-- yet in the song they purposely manipulated it for a "circular" fibonacci (not truly spiraling outwards) .. Just one of the many examples of how deep this band is.. They use alot of metaphors in their lyrics and they are crafted extremely well..

The guitar count 9/8 measures of 4 and a half beats (with some 8/8, 8/7), while the drummer often counts each measure as 3 whole beats.. That's crazy polyrhythms and song structure! And that song is just one example of what you'll find throughout all their work over the years.. And how they still manage to pull it off and make it sound so good is unreal... To do all that work, and compliment it with such astonishingly beautiful, deep and thoughtful music. Whoa.. Tool is one of the most innovative and talented musicians of our time IMO.. It's no wonder they have had such a strong devoted following over the years..

Their incredible knack of meshing or weaving the guitar and bass into a sound that is almost one is just out of this world.. Musical geniuses and mad musical scientists at work here .. Tool defined a whole new genre in music.,

Music so powerful , with so many underlying layers, that one needs to listen to an album multiple times before the musical layers are slowly revealed (because it's just too much to take all in during the first few listens due to it's incredible depth and complexity ) .. Where you then become (after many listens) vulnerable to a plethora of attacks of (what I call) a euphoric bliss of symphony...

That "reveal" (or revealing moments) amidst that beautiful journey is the kind of moment Wagner lover's pay $350 to sit through six hour operas to hear. Music that makes you think.. And making someone think so deeply through their artform, is the true definition of art.. It's music that is of the highest calibre

Joby
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM

PJ had 3 albums that sold 10,000,000 copies. Tool has had none, though I like them a lot more as well.

Wikipedia has Krist Noveselic as a RP endorser.

Harpua
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Tool was #1 worldwide on the billboard album chart, PJ wasn't

This is sad. You should never assume something is good because it's on the Billboard Charts, although I do think Tool is a good band. I've followed them since the early 90's, when Undertow was released.

q_castic
01-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Tool is the first band to match their time signatures to mathematical sequences which then tie directly into the theme of the song .. Think about that, That's incredible !! And how they do that in their songs is explained in this video --

At around 7 minutes into the video (6:50 and 7:13) it's shown why they did that... And also at around 6:22 when the "swing on the spiral" lyrics come up.. The natural "spiral sequence" of a fibonacci spiral (or circle) shown there at 6:22, matches perfectly with the verses (and the lyrical structure) of the circular fibonacci earlier in the song (when people first thought they messed up the fibonacci sequence, but in reality they changed it into a "fibonacci spiral" to conform to the theme of the song, perfectly)......

The math, time signatures, and arrangements complimenting the theme (and Lyrics) of the song is revealed from the 6:20 mark to about 7:15.. But you have to follow the whole video to see the construction of it and how it develops..

And Tool wasn't done there, if all that wasn't enough, blah, blah, blah blah, blah

Hey, I like Tool a lot too, but shouldn't you be at NAMM or on a Tool board discussing this?

nayjevin
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
As above so below and beyond I imagine...

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:46 PM
This my good Ron Paul friends, is the best song alltime IMO.. It is so deep, beautiful and wonderful it can't be put into words.. Shades of Pink Floyd and vintage Tool combined..

It's Pushit off the salival boxset.. It's not like the pushit version on AEnime, but its 10 times better.. Here's the monumental powerful pushit off salival Live boxset.. the last 4 and half minutes is absolutely fuckin crazy good, as is the buildup..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CqUYWLJ_0Ko

enjoy ;)

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-21-2008, 10:47 PM
PJ had 3 albums that sold 10,000,000 copies. Tool has had none, though I like them a lot more as well.

That's easy to explain...

The music of Tool is not radio friendly. Many of their songs are over 6-7 minutes. They are anti-media and promote a think for yourself type mentality. Their music is thought provoking and inspirational.

Pearl Jam, as outspoke as Eddie has been, has and is all over the airways.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:47 PM

That means jack.. Tool stood the "test of time" .. On their last release, they released albums on the same day after a 4 to 5 year wait for both bands.. And Tool outsold them 2 to one.. Both bands are from the early 90's era.. Tool stands tallest today and have proven to be the best by standing the test of time..

q_castic
01-21-2008, 10:49 PM
This my good Ron Paul friends, is the best song alltime IMO.. It is so deep, beautiful and wonderful it can't be put into words.. Shades of Pink Floyd and vintage Tool combined..

It's Pushit off the salival boxset.. It's not like the pushit version on AEnime, but its 10 times better.. Here's the monumental powerful pushit off salival Live boxset.. the last 4 and half minutes is absolutely fuckin crazy good, as is the buildup..

enjoy ;)

Can you change your username to InLoveWithTool, then head to NAMM or a Tool message board?

Why don't you help out and put up or shut up?

Thank you very much for your donation of $300.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T383265-111856680

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 10:49 PM

enjoy ;)

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Let's not turn this into pj vs. tool.... (tho once you see pj live, playing for 3 1/2 hrs, and closing their third encore with Rockin in the Free World-there's no going back). But I digress, I do wish pj would hop on board- but another poster is right about the abortion thing. Their opposition to war in Iraq and the drug war may be enough for them to step up. Wish they would.

Makes you wonder if they've even heard of Ron Paul.

I'd love to see a Ron Paul youtube with the cover they do of Tim Robbin's remake of .... "And Here's to the State of _______" either that or an EV acoustic version little Steven's "I am a patriot'.

jsu718
01-21-2008, 10:58 PM
On a given day, I would rather listen to Pearl Jam than Tool. It's not part of an individual song thing or even a musicianship thing... overall PJ is more listenable. Same reason I can't stand listening to Pink Floyd or Prince.
That said... I think a lot of endorsements will come out when Ron Paul wins the nomination.

q_castic
Let's not turn this into pj vs. tool.... (tho once you see pj live, playing for 3 1/2 hrs, and closing their third encore with Rockin in the Free World-there's no going back). But I digress, I do wish pj would hop on board- but another poster is right about the abortion thing. Their opposition to war in Iraq and the drug war may be enough for them to step up. Wish they would.

Makes you wonder if they've even heard of Ron Paul.

I'd love to see a Ron Paul youtube with the cover they do of Tim Robbin's remake of .... "And Here's to the State of _______" either that or an EV acoustic version little Steven's "I am a patriot'.

You're going in circles if you try and find a candidate that you agree with 100%. So you don't like his abortion stance. I don't either, but that didn't stop me from ponying up $300 today. I don't like some PJ songs, but I'll still go to every show in a 100 mile radius and buy their music and merchandise.

rajibo
Yep, Tool's musicianship utterly destroys anyone on pearl jam.. No one can touch Danny Carey on the drums.. he is the best rock drummer of our generation bar none.. listen to the Lateralus album and be blown away .. And Adam Jones on guitar makes sounds come out of it that are simply mindblowing

Comparing the two bands is ridiculous. 2 completely different styles of music.

q_castic
01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
All the fault of Tool fanatic InLoveWithRon.

BrooklynZoo
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
God I hate Pearl Jam. Andrew Wood was a far better vocalist and Mother Love Bone was far more likeable. Eddie Vedder is not the type of endorsement I'd want, although I'd bet that if he's endorsing anyone it's a member of the DNC.

libertythor
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Where the F is Eddie Vedder of PJ? They had one of the most successful tours a year or two ago and sell out ever. They're like the new Greatful Dead with legions of fans touring with the band. I personally went to 4 shows last tour and each night Ed speaks very vocally on some political issue, ususally Geo. Bush/war related. Why isn't he stepping up to the plate for RP???

He endorsed Nader in 2000 and may not support smaller government.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
once you see pj live, playing for 3 1/2 hrs, and closing their third encore with Rockin in the Free World-there's no going back). '.

Oh please.. give your head a shake.. You want to see a real show, look at this..look 20 seconds into this video and see how the lasers give the illusion of clouds overhead.. And of course clouds rushing the walking stage and backdrop full of rushing clouds as well

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfA07TQDtbk

and a look down at the stage floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQll43JpcrQ&feature=related

And who puts a laser show like this today ? And who puts smoke shoots in THE BACK of the arena so the reflection of the lasers can give people in the back a great show as well.. Answer is NOBODY does..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XmJUkMO0oA&feature=related

Not to mention throwing mindblowing laser designs on the ceiling of the arena and at the back for people like this--- ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6t3aYgUf4m0&feature=related

Tool is an "experience" , Pearl Jam isn't.. Tool puts on a better show than Pink Floyd (who I have seen 3 times).. And PJ can't touch floyd live, nevermind trying to touch tool.

I saw Pearl jam once, I was invited with a free ticket, and they were Average at best.. Give me a break

surf
01-21-2008, 11:21 PM
i'm a ten-club member. i love PJ, but the one time i posted something about RP on their forums... well, it wasn't well received.

Krist Novalesic (sp?) of Nirvana has given to Ron. Groehl said he's probably gonna vote for him. I'd like to think that Stone and Matt would love Ron. Eddie - he was all over Nader and all about how unfair it was for him. he threw a concert for him.

i saw PJs fans only show in Seattle a few years back - Eddie wore a Bush mask :)

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
You're going in circles if you try and find a candidate that you agree with 100%. So you don't like his abortion stance. I don't either, but that didn't stop me from ponying up $300 today. I don't like some PJ songs, but I'll still go to every show in a 100 mile radius and buy their music and merchandise.

Yeah, tough to find a made to order Prez- though, there are a lot of one issue voters out there. I think with regard to RP's stance on abortion, he can probably safely appeal to either side. IMO.

btw, I didn't say I didn't like RP's stance, regardless, I wouldn't let it keep me from supporting or donating to the campaign either. i was agreeing with another poster that EV was very pro choice. I kinda think ev's prolly not a one issue voter either. It would be nice if pj were as vocal as they were during Vote for Change. RP will have a more positive impact on the issues PJ holds dear than Kerry ever could have. (again, imho)

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
i'm a ten-club member. i love PJ, but the one time i posted something about RP on their forums... well, it wasn't well received.

i saw PJs fans only show in Seattle a few years back - Eddie wore a Bush mask :)

That happened to me too, it was like... "here we go again.... another ron paul supporter..." and I was even in the right forum. havn't been back to the forum since.

RobHino
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
The first place I always go to check possibilities like this is the FEC.gov page (http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml) and seach past contributions by name.

Vedder has given to Nadar and a PAC called America Coming Together which when researched shows ties to MoveOn.org and George Soros.

Maynard has given to the DNC and John Kerry.

But seriously, this post is pointless. Just write them a fan letter yourself and hope for a response. I'm positive you wouldn't be the first!!

Peace.

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh please.. give your head a shake.. You want to see a real show, look at this..look 20 seconds into this video and see how the lasers give the illusion of clouds overhead.. And of course clouds rushing the walking stage and backdrop full of rushing clouds as well

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfA07TQDtbk

and a look down at the stage floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQll43JpcrQ&feature=related

And who puts a laser show like this today ? And who puts smoke shoots in THE BACK of the arena so the reflection of the lasers can give people in the back a great show as well.. Answer is NOBODY does..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XmJUkMO0oA&feature=related

Not to mention throwing mindblowing laser designs on the ceiling of the arena and at the back for people like this--- ..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6t3aYgUf4m0&feature=related

Tool is an "experience" , Pearl Jam isn't.. Tool puts on a better show than Pink Floyd (who I have seen 3 times).. And PJ can't touch floyd live, nevermind trying to touch tool.

I saw Pearl jam once, I was invited with a free ticket, and they were Average at best.. Give me a break

Actually, i go to experience the music- not the lasers.

DRV45N05
01-21-2008, 11:34 PM
As a fan of PJ, I can tell you that EV is as left-wing as they come. He's a Naderite, not a Paulite.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Actually, i go to experience the music- not the lasers.
\
Their music is the best.. That's why they've had such a devoted following for 17 years.., But they put a visual experience as well as a musical experience.. Because any Tool fan knows their music is an "experience" because of their music's tremendous depth, not just something to listen to like the crap out there..

Tool's music is not music to tap your foot to.. It's music to interact with, to "connect" to, and to experience. thats why they are so good.. MANY people have said that, including the band themselves.. The beautiful visuals at their shows just accentuates the music, similar to Pink Floyd. The visuals alone don't define them at all.. Although their visuals are created by the band members themselves, they do not commission an outside source to do it

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 11:43 PM
And to add, what makes Tool so unique, is that they are complete artists, on many levels. Each member has other talents.. Adam Jones, Tool's guitar player, designed the dinosaurs for the movie Jurassic Park.. He also did the makeup and design for the Terminator 2 and Predator movies..

They put the same effort for their shows in the visuals.. Who else has a stage floor that shows and lights up like a movie screen? and creates such moving designs on it ?? No one else. Because Tool takes their artforms seriously.. Both musically and visually.

And what other band is so talented to match their time signatures to mathematical sequences which then tie directly into the theme of the song ?? .. The answer is No one today but Tool..

Tool also creates their own videos.. Videos that are well known for being some of the very best made videos ever.. They've won quite a few awards for them.. Videos, that do not show their faces.. Because, like they have always said, its not about them, its about the music,, For people to connect to the music.

Edward
01-21-2008, 11:45 PM

Taco John
01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Who cares about Eddie Vedder? We need older voters. We've already got the youth vote. We need Eddie Haskell not Eddie Vedder.

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 11:51 PM
As a fan of PJ, I can tell you that EV is as left-wing as they come. He's a Naderite, not a Paulite.

you're prolly right. i was just thinking no other prez.cand. has said they would bring everyone home, that and the war on drugs. both big issues with the band. But the environment is also very big for them... can't see them buying into individual state regulation & market economy on that issue. Then throw the abortion thing in- definitely DNC. But, hey, I changed from D to R, so you never know what can happen. It is a r3volution, after all.

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM

Great article. The johnny cash one...

prlgrl
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Who cares about Eddie Vedder? We need older voters. We've already got the youth vote. We need Eddie Haskell not Eddie Vedder.

How about a Tony Bennett endorsement? :)

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 11:58 PM
It's true that we do need the old vote.. I saw a video on aol today and thousands of seniors in Florida were rallying for McCain and Huckabee like they were in their 20's again.. The old people were yelling and they were passionate for those candidates

And seniors love to vote.. that scares me

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh, and watch the last 5 minutes of this, then try to tell me about musicianship.. You haven't lived unless you've seen "Disposition, Reflection, Triad" live and in person live.. This is the last part third of the trifecta, "Triad", and it will kick your ass into next week--

Triad Live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qR6cWXSfR1I

I've the pleasure of following them on their tour and saw 6 dates on that tour 7 years ago.. I saw that 6 times & it was one of the best and most mesmerizing experiences of my life

basejumper
01-22-2008, 12:16 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY&feature=related

And Tool wasn't done there, if all that wasn't enough, they threw a monkey wrench at the end when the lyrics go spiral "out" .. Because a true fibonacci continues outwards-- yet in the song they purposely manipulated it for a "circular" fibonacci (not truly spiraling outwards) .. Just one of the many examples of how deep this band is.. They use alot of metaphors in their lyrics and they are crafted extremely well..

The guitar count 9/8 measures of 4 and a half beats (with some 8/8, 8/7), while the drummer often counts each measure as 3 whole beats.. That's crazy polyrhythms and song structure! And that song is just one example of what you'll find throughout all their work over the years.. And how they still manage to pull it off and make it sound so good is unreal... To do all that work, and compliment it with such astonishingly beautiful, deep and thoughtful music. Whoa.. Tool is one of the most innovative and talented musicians of our time IMO.. It's no wonder they have had such a strong devoted following over the years..

Their incredible knack of meshing or weaving the guitar and bass into a sound that is almost one is just out of this world.. Musical geniuses and mad musical scientists at work here .. Tool defined a whole new genre in music.,

Music so powerful , with so many underlying layers, that one needs to listen to an album multiple times before the musical layers are slowly revealed (because it's just too much to take all in during the first few listens due to it's incredible depth and complexity ) .. Where you then become (after many listens) vulnerable to a plethora of attacks of (what I call) a euphoric bliss of symphony...

That "reveal" (or revealing moments) amidst that beautiful journey is the kind of moment Wagner lover's pay $350 to sit through six hour operas to hear. Music that makes you think.. And making someone think so deeply through their artform, is the true definition of art.. It's music that is of the highest calibre

No doubt TOOL is one of the greatest bands of all time. Absolutely Incredible. My wife has become a huge TOOL fan because I finally got her to listen to the lyrics. I think it's all she listens to now! Live shows are mind blowing... saw 3 this year. Tampa, Winston-Salem and Spokane.

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
No doubt TOOL is one of the greatest bands of all time. Absolutely Incredible. My wife has become a huge TOOL fan because I finally got her to listen to the lyrics. I think it's all she listens to now! Live shows are mind blowing... saw 3 this year. Tampa, Winston-Salem and Spokane.

Have you heard Tool's cover of Led Zeppelin's No Quarter?? Tool's version is BETTER than Led Zeppelin's original.... Many pundits (and music magazines) have stated it is the best rock-n-roll cover of any band EVER RECORDED .. Here is the link to it if you haven't heard this masterpiece-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-gniCBRJIa8

How Tool is able to create such beautiful layers and textures in music is amazing.. From about 4:08, the buildup (and progression) of the guitars when the drums start, to when the acoustic guitars kick in at around 4:42 is beautiful, then the distorted guitars develop into a gorgeous twisty distorted sounds at 5:00 to 5:17.. Then the song hits a climax a minute later, goes down with a decrescendo , then at around 7 minutes into the song it gets heavier developing into yet another higher climax with beautiful textures till the end... Very well composed.. Fuck they are so talented and original !!

Tool did an absolutely amazing job of using their own sound but also keeping the mood of Zeppelin's original.. They walked the fine line so perfectly, which is so hard to do if you understand music and are a musician like me .. Enjoy :)

PS- The reason that song rare is because TOOL only released that song on their "Salival" boxset in 2000.. They only made 200,000 of these boxsets and they have been sold out for years.. But you can find it on ebay for about $250+ because of the high demand for it :). Originally it was $27 when it was first released.. hehe .. By the way , "No Quarter" is an old pirate saying for "No Mercy"..

FatherBloopy
02-05-2008, 01:42 PM
does that count? :p

I posted a post on my bands blog officially declaring our endorsement. However, I must add it's not been a secret all this time. At shows and all over MySpace & our website, Ron Paul info or commentary or promotion has been going on. Of course, it's great to hear a band like Foo Fighters is distributing Ron Paul info at their concerts!! Every little bit counts...rock on!

http://www.fatherbloopy.com/blog

:)

Swmorgan77
02-05-2008, 01:49 PM

Because Eddie Vedder is caught in the left end of the false left-right paradigm, and he is too rabidly pro-choice to every support a pro-life, anti-war candidate.

expatinireland
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
does that count? :p

I posted a post on my bands blog officially declaring our endorsement. However, I must add it's not been a secret all this time. At shows and all over MySpace & our website, Ron Paul info or commentary or promotion has been going on. Of course, it's great to hear a band like Foo Fighters is distributing Ron Paul info at their concerts!! Every little bit counts...rock on!

http://www.fatherbloopy.com/blog

:)

Well that makes me feel better after reading about what is left of the Grateful Dead endorsing Obama :eek:

The Dead must have left their heads in the 60's. I guess some people are just drawn to the cult personality shtick and don't really think or don't have the capacity to think about the implications of what the various candidates stand for.

Thank you very much for sticking with the Good Doctor. I bookmarked your site and will check out your tunes. All the best.

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
COheed and Cambria, Queen, Bowie, and Billy Joel is more like it for me

a Sage Francis endorsement seems appropriate, he's the bomb

ToryNotion
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM

Noam Chomsky told him not to.

anaconda
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Vedder plugged Nader in 2000 at Pearl Jam concerts. Nader seems like a big-government regulation guy, if I understand his message. Both Nader and RP despise Corporatacracy but have completely different ideas about how to reign it in. RP's lopping the head off of the beast approach is the only way to eliminate the waste and corruption. Vedder's heart is in the right place. He just needs an economics course or two and he would be a total Ron Paul convert. The corporations are not the problem. It's the government.

Anyway, here's a short warm fuzzy unwitting left gate-keeping kumbaya moment video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNAoi6ffUMw

MalcolmGandi
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
How about Sevendust? They're always touring.

greendiseaser
02-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Probably because Eddie is a leftist.
Particularly, he is a Pro Choicer.

That is probably why he won't step up to the plate.

That and increasingly lately, Pearl Jam is trying to get back in to the mainstream and suck up to the system ... i hate to say that ... but i think to some extent it is true ... I don't think he would put his entire band's reputation on the chopping block to support a "wacko" and a "racist" ... he just isn't willing to take the stand anymore.

:(

Also Eddie is deep in to environmentalism these days, and Ron Paul is labeled as being bad for the environment, so?

G-R-E-E-D (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4694479103947504146&q=green+disease&total=338&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1)

hannon44
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM

Pearl Jam is THE band of this generation...period.

Compare the catalogs of each...its not close.

hannon44
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I think Eddie Veder is strongly pro-choice. I remember watching Pearl Jam on MTV's "Unplugged" in the early 90's, when he wrote "pro-choice" on his arm during one of the songs.

I too believe this is why Eddie has not stepped up and supported Dr. Paul.

Also, he has historically supported Ralph Nader and since there is always a chance Nader could run, he's holding out.

my two cents!

hannon44
02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
That's easy to explain...

The music of Tool is not radio friendly. Many of their songs are over 6-7 minutes. They are anti-media and promote a think for yourself type mentality. Their music is thought provoking and inspirational.

Pearl Jam, as outspoke as Eddie has been, has and is all over the airways.

Pearl Jam has yet to release a single to radio since "Jeremy." Their record sales are not directly tied to radio play at all, it is their live shows.

Revolution9
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Because he is an ego tripping pussy afraid his fans might define him as political and shun him. Typical rock star BS.. I play hard rock guitar for 30 years and have met them all. Big fucking deal. Better he keep his mouth shut to please the fools following him around. His mouthings are simply more lip service. PJ suck.

HTH:D
Randy

hannon44
02-05-2008, 03:09 PM

I saw Pearl jam once, I was invited with a free ticket, and they were Average at best.. Give me a break.

BZZZZZZZZ!

Wrong Answer...try again!

crhoades
02-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Went to both of the shows at the Gorge on the last PJ tour. I will be forever spoiled after that.