PDA

View Full Version : We can raise 23 Million and We Can Win

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
All day all I've seen is one whiney negative post after another about why we can't raise 23 million.

I have hope that we can raise 23 million and that Ron Paul can win the election.

If you have stopped having hope that we can raise 23 million, I addressed almost every negative statement I could find on these threads as to why we can. But if you aren't going to be real about winning without having national exposure, then stop raining on the parade of those who have realistic hope about winning.

I've seen over THREE Weeks of hopeless messages and excuses about why we can't win 23 million, don't need 23 million, can get someone else to give us 23 million.

Well, we CAN raise 23 million, and yo baby, its going to make a difference. 24 of the states will be decided in 15 days, and its pretty much up for grabs. If we don't get national media exposure or ads though, we aren't the ones that are going to grab it.

BreakYourChains
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Bump for $23 million!

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Facts about Fundraising (MLK and other) - SMARTS
Ok, here are some facts about the MLK fundraiser. I'm posting them to address some issues that just aren't right, and will guarantee a loss of the Ron Paul candidacy if not addressed. Really negative ideas from the last few weeks. These ideas keep appearing again and again, so instead of addressing them separately in each thread, I made a list in this thread. This may not be exhaustive, so if you have any others, bring them up.

Q) We should wait until the campaign has proven themselves and donate then!

A) The campaign has already proven itself time and again. It wins and beats other candidates when they don't even get a 15th of the exposure of other candidates on the air. The campaign will get no exposure if they don't advertise.

Don't wait long, there is only 15 days left.

Q) Ron Paul can get matching funds from the FEC!

A) The results from the 4th quarter are released at the end of January. The ads for Feb 5th need to be bought now, there is no time for matching funds, and they don't work that way to begin with.

Q) A billionaire will help out!

A) If you buy some swamp property from me, it will rise in value. I'll use it to donate to Ron Paul.

Q) We should wait for Ron Paul to win a few states!

A) This isn't a normal primary season. The rules were changed, and cycle shortned. Almost all the states needed are having their election on one day this time, a "Super Duper" Tuesday. It makes winning very hard without the media nod, and gives the media an unusual position of power this year.

Q) Ron Paul can't be elected! It doesn't matter if we give him money!

A) Ron Paul has an incrediable chance to win this election, if he had the money. Because its all been moved to one Super Duper Tuesday, its pretty much a toss up. Any candidate that advertises nationally at the last minute has a chance to win. Ron Paul doesn't have the exposure currently to win. Many people haven't heard of him, or rely on 'seen in the media' to determine who is "an electable" candidate. The only way to reach them is to advertise.

Q) I'll just hold a sign, that will elect him!

A) You can reach millions with advertising and only thousands with holding a sign day to day. Work smarter, not harder.

Q) But Ron Paul HQ is doing a bad job with our money!

A) I think they are doing an outstanding job. Their website is outstanding. They did well in Nevada where they had the funds to advertise. And lastly, if you think Ron Paul can't even run his own campaign, why are you supporting him for running the United States? This question in a way strikes at the whole idea of whether you really support the candidacy or not. But Ron Paul has a history of running his congressional office well, even giving money back year after year, so I don't think its a right question.

Ok, the entire election is being decided in 15 days.

Its being done differently this year, all the states are pretty much on the same day, and there isn't any build up from state to state like usual.

Its pretty much an open race, as long as you can either advertise nationally, or get media, and the media has blacked out Ron Paul in the last week, and we all know it.

And the campaign has said we need 23 million this quarter to advertise.

all J's in IL for RP
01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
The best way to get the $23 million Ron Paul needs is to get out on the streets, canvas and find more supporters. Then subtly inform them that Ron is the only candidate to increase his fundraising quarter by quarter, mostly via the internet.

I Am Weasel
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
We need another way to raise the money than these "money bombs"... how about instead of counting up, there's a way to count DOWN from $23 mil? Seems we'd all get to see the progress in watching a "debt" go away.. while in reality creating donations

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
The best way to get the $23 million Ron Paul needs is to get out on the streets, canvas and find more supporters. Then subtly inform them that Ron is the only candidate to increase his fundraising quarter by quarter, mostly via the internet.Definitely we need more supporters, some of whom will become donors. I also like Weasel's idea:

We need another way to raise the money than these "money bombs"... how about instead of counting up, there's a way to count DOWN from $23 mil? Seems we'd all get to see the progress in watching a "debt" go away while in reality creating donations

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
We need another way to raise the money than these "money bombs"... how about instead of counting up, there's a way to count DOWN from $23 mil? Seems we'd all get to see the progress in watching a "debt" go away.. while in reality creating donations

That is sort of like the thermometer did when it went to 12 million. Its been suggested before we put a graphic like that back up on HQ. Maybe some of us should suggest it to them. I think it does make a difference.

I Am Weasel
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
23 mil... come on.. let's do it!!! =)

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Bump for 23 million. We can do it!!!

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Bump for positive movement! Ignore the negative threads and post here!

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I love u all, everyone in this thread!

FSP-Rebel
01-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I think the moneybombs are great cause they rally everyone, especially those that might not be into giving money to politics. Keep in mind that as the economy goes down, so does the standard of living of some RP supporters. But for the moneybomb to work properly, it needs to be promoted heavily (ideal gift being $100+) and needs a good icon of some sort behind it. This will build the expectations that will prod people to give more and thus give us another 5 million plus day. I mean, imagine how much we could raise on the 1st day of an Independent campaign with the right promotion. WOW is all I can say.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I think the moneybombs are great cause they rally everyone, especially those that might not be into giving money to politics. Keep in mind that as the economy goes down, so does the standard of living of some RP supporters. But for the moneybomb to work properly, it needs to be promoted heavily (ideal gift being $100+) and needs a good icon of some sort behind it. This will build the expectations that will prod people to give more and thus give us another 5 million plus day. I mean, imagine how much we could raise on the 1st day of an Independent campaign with the right promotion. WOW is all I can say.

I agree. There is no reason to change what is working.

This money bomb would have been better - but some negative thoughts going around unaddressed, and (I think much less effect) the changing dates from benjamin's day to MLK.

Feb 5th is only 2 weeks away. We can try bombs for victory after debates maybe.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Maybe we can raise more at the debate Ron Paul is going to win this week!!

jrich4rpaul
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
BeFranklin, you're my new best forum buddy.

+23 million for this thread

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
BeFranklin, you're my new best forum buddy.

+23 million for this thread

Bump for positive +23 million work.

FYI: I was thinking we can raise money this debate to.

First, we can donate after the debate to show our support of Ron Paul's policies.

2nd, we can get as many people as possible to listen to it to hear Ron Paul, and encourage them to donate to if they like it.
The stock market turmoil and 3/4 % rate change should attract attention this week on it :)

RickyJ
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
We can raise 230 million if we knew for sure Ron Paul would be the next president. Whatever Ron needs we could get it. But unless he starts winning some primaries then not too many are going to think he has a realistic shot of winning even with more money. 1.5 million spent in NH and the result was not that impressive. Would spending 15 million in NH got a win there? If it could have then we could raise 15 million for every state.

dshields
01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Good stuff BeFranklin... +1

Maltheus
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
First off, I've given well over a thousand bucks to the campaign. But that campaign was arguing that it was too late to buy advertising in New Hampshire in late November, why wouldn't it be too late for Super Tuesday now?

Second, although I'll still work to become a delegate, I think that Ron Paul's chances of getting the Republican nomination now are less than 1%. I mean, we only barely made second in Nevada, for crying out loud. He was right to try for it, it got him far more exposure than it would have gotten otherwise. But it's clear that he's not a fit for this neo-Republican party. We can't bring enough new people into it, and establishment can't be converted (that's ok, they'll die off eventually, the ole farts).

I think the campaign has already read this writing on the wall and has been conserving it's money for a third party run. If this isn't the case, well then they simply aren't very effective in spending it and a little more won't help at this stage. The thing is, we don't know that he'll do third party for sure and I don't want to throw money away when the economy is starting to tank fast. The next bomb shouldn't be scheduled just yet. They should wait for his third party announcement.

mikeInAZ
01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
You da man B!

I just had an idea. I'm going to clean out all the piles and jars of spare change that just clutter up my dresser. And donate that today. It must be $25-50 bucks, or more.

How much is in your change jar? Donate it!