PDA

View Full Version : Next money bomb day?

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Washington's Birthday, Feb. 22?

mstrmac1
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
sooner than that...

tuckessee
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
It better be a doozy or it just looks like the cause is waning.

mstrmac1
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Jan 27th 1973 the us ended militay action in Vietnam

electronicmaji
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Valentines day

Show your Love for the R3VOlUTION

blakjak
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
tomorrow

ZzzImAsleep
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
tomorrow

best answer yet

CaptBookbag
01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
i like turtles

hybridthinker
01-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Make it a week or so after those $800 supposed economic stimulus checks are suppose to be distributed. Donate to Ron Paul, a way to truly stimulate the economy!

-hybrid

Chester Copperpot
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM

February 5th... Just like the 5th of November itll be the 5th of February AND its also Super Tuesday

Devil_rules_in_extremes
The "Let's win Florida" money bomb in 6 days.

Xchange
too soon

thehighwaymanq
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Valentines day

Show your Love for the R3VOlUTION

BUMP!

RonRules
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm for either Feb 4 (To get a full 24 hours before SuperTuesday) or Feb 5.

It's good to take advantage of the suspense and excitement right before SuperTuesday.

We could easily make that a 2 mil day.

garyallen59
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
i say february 5th there will be alot of people on the forums that day

if they see everybody else donating they will more likely donate

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
The problem with choosing Super Tuesday is that people will (or should) be doing their poll or precinct duties. In other words, they'll be less, not more, likely to be online - at least that's the idea!

garyallen59
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
after the polls close this place will be ready for congestive failure

AggieforPaul
01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
best answer yet

I proposed that idea the day after tea party, but all the pro choicers whined.

yongrel
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
once again, i feel compelled to say, "No more money bombs! Just donate."

But oh well. No one will listen. *sigh*

MaxDeMarzi
01-21-2008, 09:57 PM
How about a Phuck Fox News Money Bomb?

And for the date:

Frank I. Luntz (born February 23, 1962)

Perfect!

dreicher
01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Alright, I'll put in for Feb 29th - Carol Paul's Birthday.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM

And for the date:

Perfect!

Yep, dat's da one.

And it will attract WORLDWIDE support. Amazing, amazing...

Edward
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
i like turtlesYou can't tell which way the train is going by looking at the tracks.

gracebkr
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM

I love George Washington!

jsu718
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Groundhog day? Ron Paul sees his shadow and forecasts 6 more weeks of economic winter?

JahWarrior
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
If you want to go with F*** FOX day, go with Feb 14th, the day they won a lawsuit allowing them to legally lie and distort what they report in the media.

http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/11.html

Doug1372
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Make it a week or so after those $800 supposed economic stimulus checks are suppose to be distributed. Donate to Ron Paul, a way to truly stimulate the economy!

-hybrid

this is the answer. If they want to give me $800 to spend anyway I want...then this is the way to spend it.

heartless
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I think we should donate a few days before Feb 5, not 24 hours right before the big day. I mean HQ needs time to set up everything and buy the advertisements

fmontez
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Obviously Feb 14

JahWarrior
01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
If we went with Feb 14th, you could also have a more mildly mannered "Valentine for Ron Paul" gimmick to go with Fawk Faux.

ike
01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Voting for Feb. 4th.

Day before Super Tuesday, and only a couple days after payday.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
If it's that close to super Tuesday, he won't be able to use it for that anyways...Why not wait till FockFox Day?

flames2dust77
01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
set me straight if i'm wrong...but wouldn't you want to have the cash way BEFORE Feb. 5th. Um, for national ads and what not? Maybe my thinking is wrong. *shrugs*:confused:

Peace&Freedom
01-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Here's a once-a-month MB schema for the rest of the campaign (through Election day):

February 18 - President's Day MB
March 18 - Iraq War 5th Anniversary Anti-War MB
April 15 - Tax Day/No More IRS MB (combined with a national handout of Russo AFTF DVDs)
May 26 - Memorial Day MB (combined with Paul taking a 3rd party line at the LP Convention)
July 4 - Independence Day MB
August 6 - Hiroshima Anti-War MB
September 11 - New 9/11 Inquiry MB
October 12 - Discover Hope for America MB

This scheduled list works whether Paul is seeking the Republican Nomination or is doing an independent run. If he averages $3million per MB, he will easily have $20-25 million by September, not counting other monies raised.

pacelli
01-21-2008, 10:16 PM
tomorrow

Yep, we have to keep this going. We must transform this into a 2-day blitz, which would be the first time we've ever converted a moneybomb into a multi-day fundraiser. Start advertising the push. Supporters who are not maxed out may be inspired to give again. If you look at the weekly stats during a moneybomb, the day after a moneybomb is always higher than usual. We must capitalize on that kind of momentum. Advertise the 2-3 day push!

DDMX
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I think the gap between the last one and this was a bit too long.

We need it a bit sooner and much heavier promoted.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the commercials for Super Tuesday are already bought. It's like two weeks away...

wgadget
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Here's a once-a-month MB schema for the rest of the campaign (through Election day):

February 18 - President's Day MB
March 18 - Iraq War 5th Anniversary Anti-War MB
April 15 - Tax Day/No More IRS MB (combined with a national handout of Russo AFTF DVDs)
May 26 - Memorial Day MB (combined with Paul taking a 3rd party line at the LP Convention)
July 4 - Independence Day MB
August 6 - Hiroshima Anti-War MB
September 11 - New 9/11 Inquiry MB
October 12 - Discover Hope for America MB

This scheduled list works whether Paul is seeking the Republican Nomination or is doing an independent run. If he averages $3million per MB, he will easily have $20-25 million by September, not counting other monies raised.

I like the idea of planning it in advance like this. Seems more do-able.

Brother Butch
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Groundhog day? Ron Paul sees his shadow and forecasts 6 more weeks of economic winter?

This is the one. This has to happen prior to Feb 5 and it just so happens Dr. Paul grew up in PA, the state of Punxsutawney Phil. Groundhog day. Couple weeks away from now and just a few days before the 5th, which will be buzzing around here.

RPSignbomb
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Money bombs are over until Ron either wins something or goes Indy.

RPSignbomb
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Obviously Feb 14

I have that website if someone wants it. "The Love Bomb"

Xchange
01-21-2008, 10:56 PM

-hybrid

QFT

Kotin
01-21-2008, 10:57 PM

-hybrid

good answer!!!

pkoury
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM
http://pics.evans-tuning.com/philspics/moneynuke.jpg

Lets do 10million next time!

tekrunner
01-21-2008, 11:08 PM

And for the date:

Perfect!

bump

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
once again, i feel compelled to say, "No more money bombs! Just donate."

But oh well. No one will listen. *sigh*I will, and I agree with you. But perhaps even better, why not use the momentum of this fundraiser to motivate us to set a new goal - of raising $1M per day until Super Tuesday or at least $500K per day?

tpreitzel
01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
set me straight if i'm wrong...but wouldn't you want to have the cash way BEFORE Feb. 5th. Um, for national ads and what not? Maybe my thinking is wrong. *shrugs*:confused:

I agree. If you're going to do this again, make it the first couple of days into February after everyone is paid, but a few days AT LEAST before Feb 5th! I vote for February 1st!

mikesown
01-21-2008, 11:28 PM
I think we need to get a big fundraising day in BEFORE super tuesday(not the day before, but a week or more in advance). Yes, this is soon after the current money bomb, but super tuesday is where we will have our chance to prove our worth; we need to get the campaign some money for campaigning on super tuesday, as advertising will play a key role(no candidate can go to 24 states to campaign; everything depends on advertising on TV/radio). The campaign said they needed $23 mil for advertising etc. This probably isn't attainable by super tuesday, but we should at least aim for Huckabee's goal of $10mil by super tuesday. That means we would need to get about $7mil more in the bank. Maybe we should hold a "Max out your limit" moneybomb where everyone went all out for one last time before super tuesday donating up to their $2300 or $4600 limit, something of a final closer moneybomb.

Nate
01-21-2008, 11:34 PM
I will, and I agree with you. But perhaps even better, why not use the momentum that this fundraiser has motivate to set a new goal - of raising $1M per day until Super Tuesday, or at least $500K per day?

I like this idea. The campaign needs as much money as possible before Feb 5th. We can discuss more money bomb dates after the 5th. Right now we should focus on how to get as much as possible for the campaign to advertise in the super Tuesday states. For every dollar raised before the 5th and vote gained on the 5th we will have that much of a stronger position afterwards both in delagates and public perception of electability.

I also like the idea of everyone donating their $800 "economic stimulus" checks to the campaign. That could fund the campaign all the way to the convention and beyond if enough "Paulites" did it.

Karsten
01-21-2008, 11:36 PM
February 5th... Just like the 5th of November itll be the 5th of February AND its also Super Tuesday

Febuary 6th, my birthday

oddjobsbowler
01-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I know it's a ways off but I think we should have one on April 18th. "Paul Reveres Midnight Ride"

Enter
01-21-2008, 11:40 PM
i vote for the 2nd or 3rd of Feb. too late to help out with the advertising, but if we could make enough news from a HUGE money bomb so close to super tuesday it would be like another form of advertising. Really though guys, it would have to be massive. so huge that no one could ignore it.

How about a mini RonPaulBlimp.com money bomb? It isn't affiliated with the campaign and won't take much to keep it in the air.

how about a precinct leader bomb? This could be great for publicity too and you get a lot of information on how to help the campaign.

mikesown
01-21-2008, 11:40 PM
I like this idea. The campaign needs as much money as possible before Feb 5th. We can discuss more money bomb dates after the 5th. Right now we should focus on how to get as much as possible for the campaign to advertise in the super Tuesday states. For every dollar raised before the 5th and vote gained on the 5th we will have that much of a stronger position afterwards both in delagates and public perception of electability.

I also like the idea of everyone donating their $800 "economic stimulus" checks to the campaign. That could fund the campaign all the way to the convention and beyond if enough "Paulites" did it.

This doesn't work. We've tried it before(think about the weekly moneybombs). It simply doesn't generate significant money(maybe a couple thousand, but not much more than that). Historically speaking, we raise the majority of our money on a single day(just look at the discrepancy between the top 3 days and the rest for proof). We need to have a final blowout day where everyone contributes to their limit(or as much as they possibly can) a week or two before super tuesday.

Opulen
01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
We need the money before Super Tuesday!!

Molly1
01-21-2008, 11:45 PM
A neverendingbomb.

*sigh*

Where's the billionaire!

tpreitzel
01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
i vote for the 2nd or 3rd of Feb. too late to help out with the advertising, but if we could make enough news from a HUGE money bomb so close to super tuesday it would be like another form of advertising. Really though guys, it would have to be massive. so huge that no one could ignore it.

Personally, I agree with this one, but it still won't be easy at the requested $500 a pop. You'll have to file your tax return IMMEDIATELY via the internet to help though. Time is really short, i.e. barely TWO weeks!

Opulen
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
A well organized moneybomb should take place. We should have email list of old donors plus recent donor. Inform them about moneybomb and explain in detail the significance of it.

BigRedBrent
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM

-hybrid

Yes exactly!!!

demidog
01-22-2008, 12:14 AM

I'd like to see the money bombs stop for now. We need 20 million and we need it fast. Every day should represent growth. The only way we can do that is offline I think. We have to start running ads in every podunk paper in the country.

francioshouse
01-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Visit Road to $23 million (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html) for a complete listing of already organized money bombs. Some of the dates you all have mentioned already have operational websites.

DFF
01-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Contrary to what's been said; the MLK money bomb was heavily advertised and compared to the other bombs -- it bombed.

Yet the majority of people here still insist on more fucking "bombs."

This logic doesn't make any sense to me. None.

Obviously, things have gone South; and we need to adapt to this change or, figuratively speaking, we'll die.

Ergo, I advocate donating $25-$50 every Friday (payday) www.ronpaulspayday.com.

If everyone would commit to this, we would make infinitely more money than through the fading "bombs."

I mean, mathematically, it wouldn't even be close!

Anyway, everybody ignore this post and start talking about goddamn bombs again.

newyearsrevolution08
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
We can't have people holding off on donating until AFTER feb 5th.

Here is an idea

"daily bomb"

We have a minimum amount that we will not go under daily for example

from now until feb 5th we will not go under $50k a day minimum or 100k minimum.

We cant have people waiting until after feb 5th to donate as he needs that now and we all saw how slow January donations were going until the money bomb. We cant have that before feb 5th.

So lets have a daily minimum that we get ron paul DAILY..

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey, if you've got the money donate NOW!

No more money bombs, that ship has sailed!

Give as much as you can as soon as you can.

newyearsrevolution08
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
daily contributions but bring back that temp gauge image so we see a goal to reach......

that did work well....

D B Branyers
01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Contrary to what's been said; the MLK money bomb was heavily advertised and compared to the other bombs -- it bombed.

Yet the majority of people here still insist on more fucking "bombs."

This logic doesn't make any sense to me. None.

Obviously, things have gone South; and we need to adapt to this change or, figuratively speaking, we'll die.

If everyone would commit to this, we would make infinitely more money than through the fading "bombs."

I mean, mathematically, it wouldn't even be close!

Anyway, everybody ignore this post and start talking about goddamn bombs again.

Nah, I agree with you. I've already planned to donate every pay period. That works out to $100 every two weeks.

mczerone
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM

And Daily Goal. I would say we should advocate goal totals of 100k every weekday, 250k on Fridays, and 100k each weekend.

Therefore advertise goals of 250k, 1m, 250k.

literatim
01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.libertytax08.com ?

No it wasn't. The Tea Party had over a month of advertising. There were organized efforts to contact all Meetup and Facebook users. It was mentioned on television by Paul alone about a dozen times and more than that by just the media. Trevor Lyman did interviews about it and was regularly in contact with the press.

The MLK Jr. money bomb was controversial from the start. Many didn't want to celebrate the birthday of an adulterer, communist, and plagiarist while many thought it was just pandering. The only reason it got the foothold it did was because Ron Paul mentioned it.

We have had about a dozen money bombs and most have gotten under $500,000. I would hardly call $1.9 million raised a failure.

You can advocate it all you want. That will never be successful, then you will whine about how people didn't go through with it. Advocating something won't change the process of viral marketing.