PDA

View Full Version : Airline passenger records and privacy

freelance
07-30-2007, 08:12 AM
New guidelines for EU passengers landing in US:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Privacy_groups_alarmed_by_passenger_personal_0729. html

Now, tell me. Do you REALLY think that the EU officials would allow this sort of thing if our govt. weren't getting the same goods on our own citizens?

What do you want to bet that this is one of their secret programs--populated by big business selling their databases to govt. and the govt. datamining of our e-mails and phone calls? What do you want to bet?

TheEvilDetector
07-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Unbelivable, its like a science fiction horror movie.

Wendi
07-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I have friends in foreign nations who have offered to sponsor me if I ever decide it's time to bail out of the US. Things like this remind me why I've even had those conversations.

If RP doesn't win in '08... it might be time to consider where "home" is going to be when what's left of America finally crumbles into tyranny.

Johnnybags
07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I have friends in foreign nations who have offered to sponsor me if I ever decide it's time to bail out of the US. Things like this remind me why I've even had those conversations.

If RP doesn't win in '08... it might be time to consider where "home" is going to be when what's left of America finally crumbles into tyranny.

We build the first jeep raft in Key West headed "for" Havana? Not sure about the wet foot dry foot policy there though? Ask Fidel for asylum.

Wendi
07-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Laugh all you want. I thought the idea was ridiculous when my buddies suggested it to me a few years ago. Nowdays... I am starting to see what they saw back then. :)

AnotherAmerican
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Laugh all you want. I thought the idea was ridiculous when my buddies suggested it to me a few years ago. Nowdays... I am starting to see what they saw back then. :)

Usually, if someone decides to mess with Texas, I bet on Texas. You aren't seriously thinking of giving up the Alamo, are you?