PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore on CNNs Larry King

PennCustom4RP
05-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Im watching Al Gore on Larry King, about 40 minutes into the hour, aside from the usual questions Larry asked about the Dem candidates, Clinton, Obama, and Edwards, Mr Gore said his usual, said they were all running a good campaign etc etc, but nothing extrordinary or gleaming. He hedged a bit when asked about the Rep candidates of McCain, Guliani and Romney, said each had obstacles to overcome.
He also spoke of the media being stuck in the 'spin' mode, that real issues are blanketed by entertainment news, and that MSM is essentially supporting a certain candidate,(all of which we know too well) and that truths are slanted by the media, then the people are given these so called truths to decide on the issues(we also know this well)

What struck me was Al Gores constant referal to the 'Founders who built the framework' and the Constitution. Who does this sound like? Someone we know, Ron Paul. Without coming out and saying so directly, I think Al Gore is in support of what Dr Paul says, and his candidacy, regardless of Mr Gores Party.

Opinions?

UtahApocalypse
05-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Imagine this hypothetical:

Ron Paul does not get the nomination because of all the coruption in the GOP. Shortly after a HUGE press conference is held..... Al Gore announces that he will indeed run, and Ron Paul will be his VP ! A bipartison office of the president? So it wouldnt be perfect no. We all would prefer RP as POTUS but Al Gore is at least a better option over any other Dems that will win if RP isnt the GOP nominee.

cujothekitten
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
He's making himself sound like RP then he's going to enter the race.

EricH
05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Unless he has some strings/old connects from his time in office, I'd say he has to be in line with Paul.

He knows he holds a huge swing for whatever cnadidate he might endorse. If he feels some need to go DEM, he's not holding up his end IMO. There are no DEMs doing anything different that the NOEs right now. Same ol War Funding Forever. Same Party as far as I'm concerned.

Come On Al - Go with Paul or go back to NC and suck on a tobacco plant that made you rich. Nuf Said

qednick
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Yup I think so too. Waiting in the sidelines seeing which things pique people's interests. Seen that RP has got this huge following with his constitutional values. All of a sudden AG is a strict constitutionalist with principled values and then announces he's making a run for the white house. It really wouldn't surprise me.

PennCustom4RP
05-22-2007, 08:15 PM

He knows he holds a huge swing for whatever candidate he might endorse.
This was my thinking too, people still listen to what Al Gore says.
He did affirm again that he was not running, nor would he seek any cabinet post.

Bob Cochran
05-22-2007, 09:14 PM
McCain is toast. He dropped an F-bomb recently and is being heavily criticized for missing so many Senate votes as he pursues the presidency.

Can you spell "unelectable"?

I am a fellow Arizonan of McCain's, and of course I deeply respect his Viet Nam pilot/POW resume, but the guy is kooky, and I don't want him as my President.

tnvoter
05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
McCain is toast. He dropped an F-bomb recently and is being heavily criticized for missing so many Senate votes as he pursues the presidency.

Can you spell "unelectable"?

I am a fellow Arizonan of McCain's, and of course I deeply respect his Viet Nam pilot/POW resume, but the guy is kooky, and I don't want him as my President.

Yea, and the way the media has continued to include him as a top tier candidate simply because of his spending... gives me reason to believe we stand a better chance than they're wanting to tell.

IrrigatedPancake
05-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I think Gore is just responding to the clear support for constitutional positions.

In the same interview he suggested a "carbon tax", which is not a solution to global warming, but has for a long time (since Mrs. Thatcher, PM of England) been a goal of global government people because, if people accept the idea of a carbon tax being a solution to warming, then everyone in the world would have to coordinate such a tax, which would require some kind of organization with global authority and the ability to enforce that authority militarily and economically (UN and World Bank?).