PDA

View Full Version : The Dem debate tonight and the war.

RonPaulFTFW
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Why won't they talk about:

1. Paying off the Sunni's to fight for us will have blowback?
2. That paying off the Sunni's started before the surge and shouldn't be figured in with it's results?
3. That there is no political progress and they are deadlocked in terms of Gov., because of our hand in all the legislation there?
4. That we can't afford the surge anymore?
5. Our troops are still dying?
6. That most of the violence has stopped because large areas are effectively cleansed of competing groups? The death toll in Iraq?

Why don't the Dem's challenge the media on this surge nonsense?

Alabama Supporter
01-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Because they are going to continue on the same course as Bush.

They are not anti-war.

RonPaulFTFW
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Well that's what scares me the most.....if the surge isn't challenged an idiot like McCain can win.

MRoCkEd
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
edwards says he will withdraw them within a year, obama probably by 2009, and hillary "hopefully most within a year"

how sincere are theyy?

gerryb
01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Well that's what scares me the most.....if the surge isn't challenged an idiot like McCain can win.

It doesn't matter to them who wins.

As long as it isn't Ron Paul.

RonPaulFTFW
01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
well, my point is, if they can't grasp the complexity of the surge and why it really ISN'T working how can they hope to pull us out?

gerryb
01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
edwards says he will withdraw them within a year, obama probably by 2009, and hillary "hopefully most within a year"

how sincere are theyy?

So Obama/Clinton have now flip-flopped since the last debate? What gives?

gerryb
01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
well, my point is, if they can't grasp the complexity of the surge and why it really ISN'T working how can they hope to pull us out?

My point is, they don't hope to pull us out.

RSLudlum
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
All of them have stated before that they are not going to pull completely using the fact that "we've built bases there for a reason"

justinc.1089
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
The Democratic position of foreign policy has always been intervention.

The Republican position was always non-intervention.

Now the Republican position thanks to Bush is intervention.

:eek::rolleyes:

And the last time I checked the Libertarians didn't have a majority in congress lol......:(

skinnyskittles1989
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
is there a link to the debate online?

TSOL
01-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Jesus

Obama wants to keep them in until 2009.

These Democrats just bicker and bicker; no solutions, all banter.

Edwards seems to be the only legitimate contender; the other two are balh balh blah blah

jesse27
01-21-2008, 08:31 PM
I think we should let "the" surge do his job, and when he's done he can tell us if he was succesful or not,he's probally got connections to the mob from the upper east side of new york that he hasn't used yet

amy31416
01-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Because they aren't actually going to pull troops out. It's all a load of crap.

The only candidates who would actually pull out of Iraq and wouldn't screw with Iran: Kucinich, Gravel and Paul.

And Paul is the only one with a sensible economic policy that would change the nanny state.

Dutchie
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Edwards, in the debate, near the end, used RP's rhetoric about not nation building and setting a good example as a key element to foreign relations. Everyone clapped.

Malakai0
01-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Because they are going to continue on the same course as Bush.

They are not anti-war.

Without Gravel and Kuchinich it's all neocons on the dem side now mate.

If it wasnt for RP right now, this election would be 5 neocons vs 3 neocons. Oh but their abortion and gay marriage policies might differ a bit!!!

kill the banks
01-21-2008, 09:15 PM
you know our position against war if well known would capture the woman vote ... think about it !

kill the banks

maqsur
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Actually, during the latter half of the debate, some question about race came up, and Obama talked about how there are more black people getting arrested and convicted for the same crimes compared to white people. I was like, "That's Ron Paul's position!!!"

Also, at several times during the debate, the candidates talked about how the republicans don't talk about helping the people of the country, or how the republicans don't talk about bringing troops home (or something along those lines). I was screaming, "Damn it, don't lump in Ron Paul!!"

Of course no one would come to his defense (after all it is a dem debate), not even Blitzer tried to say anything. I would love to see Ron Paul debate any of these dem candidates, they won't come close to Dr. Paul, because all they have is fancy rhetoric, but their policies are all about spend, spend, spend, and universal this or that. I was shaking my head a lot.

However, I will say that this debate was more fun than the last debate, especially earlier on, because Obama and Clinton were really going at it, and getting somewhat personal. I loved it. Too bad they all sang cumbaya by the end.

jasonjasonjason1
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
aa

jasonjasonjason1
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
aa