PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana TOMORROW !

RPDelegate
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Damn, Louisiana is up next tomorrow, and that forum (which is buried in a sub-forum by the way :( ) is getting barely any attention.

hueylong
01-21-2008, 08:12 PM
It's the district caucuses only. And the Louisiana people are on it.

Rambo4
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
It sounds like they've got their stuff together. There's a strategy, but it's supposed to stay on the down low ;) Tomorrow is more important that it seems, and we've got a good shot

Soccrmastr
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Only Louisiana people can organize for the caucus now. It should get more active when they hold primaries.

louisiana4liberty
01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll be there with friends and family.;)

RP galvanized my already galvanized vote today with a handshake. Suweeet!

justinc.1089
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I hope and pray we win. If we don't manage a win before supertuesday or get all the 2nd place finishes possible we're in serious trouble.... but then again we're already in serious trouble.:(

justinc.1089
01-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I'll be there with friends and family.;)

RP galvanized my already galvanized vote today with a handshake. Suweeet!

Work as hard to get votes as you possibly can. Since we didn't manage to win Nevada our fight for the nomination has now become many times harder, and your state many times more important to us! Good luck, I am certain you guys have worked hard.

mstrmac1
01-21-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGhTWE98DU&feature=related

mstrmac1
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
//

pebcak
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Could someone please explain to me, or give me a link that says how this Louisiana system works? So there is a caucus, THEN the primaries? Doesn't make any sense to me. What is the point of the primary then if the delegates are already chosen?

Xonox
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Shhh! we're supposed to be keeping this on the down low... if you saw the thread earlier you'll know our prospects are looking good.

mesler
01-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I got to see him in New Orleans today, that was invigorating. :) Got to shake his hand, even. We had a pretty packed room, media was there, and a few of us got interviewed by a guy who worked for the Times Picayune.

I took pics, I'll try to put them up somewhere.

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Louisiana is taken care of... out-of-staters.. just sit back and relax, let us do the worrying...
tomorrow is drag people off the street into the caucus day...
We need voluntary shuttles set up too. I volunteer my truck, but i can only carry two passengers without throwing people in the back.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
We entrust you.. That's why you are the torch bearer..

mesler
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll be on the ballot tomorrow. :D

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:18 PM
We entrust you.. That's why you are the torch bearer..

Update before the first vote is cast:

Ok, check out the delegates ballots here: http://www.lagop.com/

I was moved to alternate because we had 18 delegates and all we needed was 15.
In the alternates race in district 5, we have 15 ron paul alternate delegates on the ballot out of a total of 19 alternates.
Which means.. worse case scenario, we walk away with 11 Alternates in our district. 11 votes at the state convention.

We've already won 7 alternates in district 2, won unopposed. if only we could have filled all the delegate slots in district 2, but i think that is our worse district. people aren't very involved there.

We've already won 15 alternates in district 3. won unopposed.

We've already won 13 alternates in district 4. won unopposed.

For a total of 46 alternates already won before the voting even starts. (out of 95 alternates total) suppose to be 105 but 10 slots will not be filled because no one ran for them

PS: Torchbearer is an award given out by the Libertarian Party of Louisiana to its top activist each year. In 11 years I received it twice. :D

trey4sports
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM

In the alternates race in district 5, we have 15 ron paul alternate delegates on the ballot out of a total of 19 alternates.
Which means.. worse case scenario, we walk away with 11 Alternates in our district. 11 votes at the state convention.

We've already won 7 alternates in district 2, won unopposed. if only we could have filled all the delegate slots in district 2, but i think that is our worse district. people aren't very involved there.

For a total of 46 alternates already won before the voting even starts. (out of 95 alternates total) suppose to be 105 but 10 slots will not be filled because no one ran for them

PS: Torchbearer is an award given out by the Libertarian Party of Louisiana to its top activist each year. In 11 years I received it twice. :D

your one of the real leaders of the grassroots activism. Not only on this board but your out there in the real world spreading the truth. good luck tommorow:cool:

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:36 PM
your one of the real leaders of the grassroots activism. Not only on this board but your out there in the real world spreading the truth. good luck tommorow:cool:

Thank you, but there are many people like me in Louisiana, who, working together through meet-ups have made this happen across the state.
If we win Louisiana, it will truly be a grassroots win... we did this on our own... we didn't wait for HQ. We just did it.

mstrmac1
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Thank you, but there are many people like me in Louisiana, who, working together through meet-ups have made this happen across the state.
If we win Louisiana, it will truly be a grassroots win... we did this on our own... we didn't wait for HQ. We just did it.

do you have a prediction on how many delegates we will secure??

trey4sports
01-21-2008, 09:40 PM
shoot, id just like to know how the whole system works. i went to LAGOP.com and tried to undersstand but it made me even more confused

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
do you have a prediction on how many delegates we will secure??

no. But i can tell you for certain that no other candidate can get a full slate. We are the only campaign to have a full slate in every district.

Acidlump
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
So is LA a LOCK or what?

yongrel
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Torch,

After tomorrow, can we get a long, epic post from you about what y'all did down in LA?

coffeewithchess
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Huckabee on LSU...this should help convert Huckabee people that are LSU fans...http://youtube.com/watch?v=jzD-hSTOXpQ

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
So is LA a LOCK or what?

not until the last vote is counted. ;) we aren't that cocky... we got to get the vote out to win... but we've done everything we could have done up to this point to be successful.

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Torch,

After tomorrow, can we get a long, epic post from you about what y'all did down in LA?

Tomorrow??? maybe the next day.. I will celebrating tomorrow night. :D

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM

You are a true patriot and champion amigo

Salute !

yongrel
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Tomorrow??? maybe the next day.. I will celebrating tomorrow night. :D

Ok, you've got yourself a deal.

And you better not be hung over from celebrating when you write it. I want to see some grammar, dammit! :D

torchbearer
01-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok, you've got yourself a deal.

And you better not be hung over from celebrating when you write it. I want to see some grammar, dammit! :D

It was a grand plan.... and like Ron says... It's only the beginning of the plan..

Jean
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
The best of luck guys! We will be watching! Thank you so much!

Dorfsmith
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM
You guys make me proud :cool:

puppetmaster
01-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Nevada say GO TEAM good luck we apprciate your efforts!!

newmedia4ron
01-22-2008, 04:55 AM
bump

coffeewithchess
01-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Louisiana is where my wife and I are from...our families are still there, MAKE US PROUD!(yes, our families will be participating)
LSU fans use this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzD-hSTOXpQ

tsetsefly
01-22-2008, 05:21 AM
lol, look at the christianofascist, they didnt even know it was today... they where suggesting, contact campaign to tell them, lmao http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=7276

and lol they too are now discussing a super bowl ad, months after we had the idea, except they have no money to pay for it, lol....

libertythor
01-22-2008, 05:28 AM
LMAO Huck really dropped the ball in LA. Their grassroots is in a clusterfuck right now, not knowing which alternate delegates to vote for. :D

" If the campaign does not know Louisiana is having a primary in two days then we are truly in trouble

I got a bad feeling. I have been wanting Mike to come down here. THe problem is the Christian leadership has been so quiet I am figuring they might be backing somebody else

Oh and lets not forget this is Tony Perkins Back yard. Where he was a state legislator and runs for Senate. He still injects himself into local races down here. He was quite active in the Louisiana Sec of State Race last year.

So if we see a lot of Christian leadership backing someone else besides Huckabee and getting their people to the polls I would suggest that we might have a idea who Tony was backing."

Airborn
01-22-2008, 05:30 AM
lol, look at the christianofascist, they didnt even know it was today... they where suggesting, contact campaign to tell them, lmao http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=7276

and lol they too are now discussing a super bowl ad, months after we had the idea, except they have no money to pay for it, lol....

Yeh they get ideas from us, it's not a new tactic it's always done in campaigns. I just read a post over saying that huckabee saw that we have a economy problem first.. lol

RCRanger03
01-22-2008, 05:30 AM
so are we expecting a top 3 finish tomorrow?

Sarge
01-22-2008, 06:05 AM
Oh was Huck's forum funny. They had no clue the date was today. There were trying to scramble yesterday.

Mitt just set up a steering committee yesterday. What are they going to steer at this late date.

Let's roll Louisiana!

StateofTrance
01-22-2008, 06:29 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=97348

Fields
01-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Can't believe you guys were so organized with this when no one even realized it was already here.

Arramond
01-22-2008, 07:10 AM

Amaizing work! This is the kind of work that will get Ron Paul into the white house.

SteveMartin
01-22-2008, 07:20 AM
HUGE KUDOS to you folks down there! Hopefully, Maine will duplicate soon!