PDA

View Full Version : Facts about Fundraising (MLK and other) - SMARTS

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok, here are some facts about the MLK fundraiser. Although I do not think it will help to change the day, I'm posting them to address some issues that just aren't right, and will guarantee a loss of the Ron Paul candidacy, if they haven't already done so. These ideas keep appearing again and again, so instead of addressing them separately in each thread, I made a list in this thread. This may not be exhaustive, so if you have any others, bring them up.

Q) We should wait until the campaign has proven themselves and donate then!

A) The campaign has already proven itself time and again. It wins and beats other candidates when they don't even get a 15th of the exposure of other candidates on the air. They will get no exposure if they don't advertise.

Don't wait long, there is only 15 days left.

Q) Ron Paul can get matching funds from the FEC!

A) The results from the 4th quarter are released at the end of January. The ads for Feb 5th need to be bought now, there is no time for matching funds, and they don't work that way to begin with.

Q) A billionaire will help out!

A) If you buy some swamp property from me, it will rise in value. I'll use it to donate to Ron Paul.

Q) We should wait for Ron Paul to win a few states!

A) This isn't a normal primary season. The rules were changed, and cycle shortned. Almost all the states needed are having their election on one day this time, a "Super Duper" Tuesday. It makes winning very hard without the media nod, and gives the media an unusual position of power this year.

Q) Ron Paul can't be elected! It doesn't matter if we give him money!

A) Ron Paul has an incrediable chance to win this election, if he had the money. Because its all been moved to one Super Duper Tuesday, its pretty much a toss up. Any candidate that advertises nationally at the last minute has a chance to win. Ron Paul doesn't have the exposure currently to win. Many people haven't heard of him, or rely on seen in the media to determine who is "an electable" candidate. The only way to reach them is to advertise.

Q) I'll just hold a sign, that will elect him!

A) You can reach millions with advertising and only thousands with holding a sign day to day. Work smarter, not harder.

Q) But Ron Paul HQ is doing a bad job with our money!

A) I think they are doing an outstanding job. Their website is outstanding. They did well in Nevada where they had the funds to advertise. And lastly, if you think Ron Paul can't even run his own campaign, why are you supporting him for running the United States? This question in a way strikes at the whole idea of whether you really support the candidacy or not. But Ron Paul has a history of running his congressional office well, even giving money back year after year, so I don't think its a right question.

Ok, the entire election is being decided in 15 days.

Its being done differently this year, all the states are pretty much on the same day, and there isn't any build up from state to state like usual.

Its pretty much an open race, as long as you can either advertise nationally, or get media, and the media has blacked out Ron Paul in the last week, and we all know it.

And the campaign has said we need 23 million this quarter to advertise.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Bump - see a real post addressing all the reasons everyone has been giving to NOT raise funds is ignored. Says a lot to me.

Dave Wood
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Ben, we all feel you but: NOTHING is decided on Feb 5th

Things are beginning to fall, not perfectly, but this election WILL BE DECIDED ON ISSUES, not games.

The rep field has done everything they can to steal RP`s platform, why? It is THE REPUBLICAN platform. These peeps are pretenders and most will see directly through them.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM

Things are beginning to fall, not perfectly, but this election WILL BE DECIDED ON ISSUES, not games.

The rep field has done everything they can to steal RP`s platform, why? It is THE REPUBLICAN platform. These peeps are pretenders and most will see directly through them.

Umm, so the strategy is not to win any of the 24 states on Super Tuesday?

Lol. I have a better strategy. Lets raise some money so we can win!

Oh yes, I forgot one reason up above.

Q) But Ron Paul HQ is doing a bad job with our money!

A) I think they are doing an outstanding job. Their website is outstanding. They did well in Nevada where they had the funds to advertise. And lastly, if you think Ron Paul can't even run his own campaign, why are you supporting him for running the United States? This question in a way strikes at the whole idea of whether you really support the candidacy or not. But Ron Paul has a history of running his congressional office well, even giving money back year after year, so I don't think its a right question.

Bilgefisher
01-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't understand all the fuss over the money bombs. Fact of the matter is they excite people. Many people would not normally donate, but they get excited over a huge fund raising day. This one just didn't have the same anticipation, not to mention there were 15 different money bombs. IF we have one, we all need to get behind it from the beginning, including the campaign and build it up to a fever pitch. That will result in much more donations. Look at how many donate twice or more because they get so excited by a huge fundraising day. I agree with many of your points.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 08:19 PM

The rep field has done everything they can to steal RP`s platform, why? It is THE REPUBLICAN platform. These peeps are pretenders and most will see directly through them.People won't see directly through them if they don't get to see Ron Paul delivering his message and thus have the opportunity to determine who the Real McCoy is.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
People won't see directly through them if they don't get to see Ron Paul delivering his message and thus have the opportunity to determine who the Real McCoy is.

Yes, exactly. And we have 15 days to do that for most Americans because they shortened the election season to make a run like ours harder; and on top of that a lot of people mean media exposure, whether news or ads, when they say electibility.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Seems its hard to keep a positive thread up..

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Bump because a proactive thread is just hard to keep up...

bolidew
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
^^^^