PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Paul attend the March for Life Tomorrow? (HUGE pro-life rally in DC)

Alabama Supporter
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Will he be attending the rally, thus being the only presidential candidate to attend the March for Life tomorrow?

I know this is a divisive issue, but RP is pro-life and this is a single issue for many Republican voters.

More info about the rally: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_for_Life

Here is a picture from last year. This rally, like most of the anti-war rallies gets very little MSM coverage.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/March_for_life_2007.JPG/800px-March_for_life_2007.JPG

Trigonx
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
hes having a press conference in DC with Jane Roe ( Roe vs. Wade )

literatim
01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Will there be Ron Paul supporters going there to hand out literature?

Alabama Supporter
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Will there be Ron Paul supporters going there to hand out literature?

Excellent question. They need to get some of his pro-life slim jims and have a field day!!!

LibertyForever
01-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll be there with a few of my friends(all with Rp signs the 2 x 3 ones. I have slim jims but no pro-life ones....

Fields
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure he'll be actually marching but with that press conference, it sure does seem like he is a part of the rally.

Alabama Supporter
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Great LibertyForever! The campaign HQ in Arlington is only a few minutes away on the subway. Maybe they could hook you up with a lot of pro-life slim jims. Those really highlight his excellent prolife record.

Xonox
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
hes having a press conference in DC with Jane Roe ( Roe vs. Wade )

Perfect.

nike
01-21-2008, 09:13 PM
It's really a shame he can't stick with the libertarian position on this issue, it's the only weak link in an otherwise strong position on the issues. It's not right when men dictate whether women can receive health care or not. I can't wait for the day when subjugating women is completely out of the political arena and the way it should be.

robert4rp08
01-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Not sure, but Roe of Roe vs. Wade is now pro-life, and is officially endorsing Ron Paul.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/roe-v-wade-advo.html

Coola
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Did anyone else receive this e-mail from the campaign?

January 17, 2008

I would like to invite every volunteer in the D.C. area to join me in passing out materials promoting Dr. Paul during the upcoming "March for Life" in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, Jan. 22. We will be meeting at our home base, the Smithsonian Metro Station, at 8 AM. The latest you can arrive is 9 AM, but we need a core group of at least 10-15 to be there by 8 so we can get properly set-up. Please email me (Michael@RonPaul2008.com) if you can be there by 8am.

Slim Jims, banners, signs, and other materials will be heavily supplied at the metro. The Smithsonian station will also serve as home base for us.

The hallmark of this campaign is grassroots creativity. So, I encourage people to make banners, print out material, or bring anything we can use to spread Dr. Paul's message. It never hurts to have extra supplies on hand.

Here are some things to remember:

• Bring a backpack to hold Slim Jims and other materials.
• Any volunteer-created banners need to be pro-life themed.
• Due to limited parking, I suggest either taking the metro and parking there or riding together in groups.

There will be a Conference Call tonight at 7:00 pm to go over all the details. The number is 202-349-0402, and the access code is 7206.

Also, please email me your name and phone number and I will put you on our email list for updates.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort on behalf of Dr. Paul. This is the best chance for us to positively influence the pro-life community. Remember to read over Dr. Paul's position if you are unfamiliar with it and be ready to answer questions. We look forward to spreading his pro-life message of peace, freedom, and prosperity at this year's March for Life. America is going through some tough times, but we have the answer and the man. Let's make Dr. Paul proud!

Michael Kraemer
Michael@RonPaul2008.com
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

The BEST way to help our campaign, starting now, is by becoming a Precinct Leader.
Voters.RonPaul2008.com

*For those already responding to Jack or Mike I may already have your contact information, but I still need some phone numbers.

** At this event, we are solely trying to present Dr. Paul's position on Life. It is a pro-life rally and we are therefore talking about his stance on that issue. Everyone has their area of concern, but this is a day to spread Dr. Paul's unique, constitutional pro-life message. If you need to brush up on his stance, you can find the information here:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/life-and-liberty/
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/ProLifeSlimJim.pdf
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=21

*** Please remember that we are acting as representatives of Dr. Paul at this March. Let's not do anything that would reflect badly on him or the message we are trying to spread. Rude or off-color clothing, obnoxious behavior, intoxication, weapons, or anything of this nature will not be tolerated. We do not want to have to ask anyone to leave.

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
bump this comment

January 17, 2008

I would like to invite every volunteer in the D.C. area to join me in passing out materials promoting Dr. Paul during the upcoming "March for Life" in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, Jan. 22. We will be meeting at our home base, the Smithsonian Metro Station, at 8 AM. The latest you can arrive is 9 AM, but we need a core group of at least 10-15 to be there by 8 so we can get properly set-up. Please email me (Michael@RonPaul2008.com) if you can be there by 8am.

Slim Jims, banners, signs, and other materials will be heavily supplied at the metro. The Smithsonian station will also serve as home base for us.

The hallmark of this campaign is grassroots creativity. So, I encourage people to make banners, print out material, or bring anything we can use to spread Dr. Paul's message. It never hurts to have extra supplies on hand.

Here are some things to remember:

• Bring a backpack to hold Slim Jims and other materials.
• Any volunteer-created banners need to be pro-life themed.
• Due to limited parking, I suggest either taking the metro and parking there or riding together in groups.

There will be a Conference Call tonight at 7:00 pm to go over all the details. The number is 202-349-0402, and the access code is 7206.

Also, please email me your name and phone number and I will put you on our email list for updates.

Thanks for all your hard work and effort on behalf of Dr. Paul. This is the best chance for us to positively influence the pro-life community. Remember to read over Dr. Paul's position if you are unfamiliar with it and be ready to answer questions. We look forward to spreading his pro-life message of peace, freedom, and prosperity at this year's March for Life. America is going through some tough times, but we have the answer and the man. Let's make Dr. Paul proud!

Michael Kraemer
Michael@RonPaul2008.com
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

The BEST way to help our campaign, starting now, is by becoming a Precinct Leader.
Voters.RonPaul2008.com

*For those already responding to Jack or Mike I may already have your contact information, but I still need some phone numbers.

** At this event, we are solely trying to present Dr. Paul's position on Life. It is a pro-life rally and we are therefore talking about his stance on that issue. Everyone has their area of concern, but this is a day to spread Dr. Paul's unique, constitutional pro-life message. If you need to brush up on his stance, you can find the information here:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/life-and-liberty/
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/ProLifeSlimJim.pdf
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=21

*** Please remember that we are acting as representatives of Dr. Paul at this March. Let's not do anything that would reflect badly on him or the message we are trying to spread. Rude or off-color clothing, obnoxious behavior, intoxication, weapons, or anything of this nature will not be tolerated. We do not want to have to ask anyone to leave.

literatim
01-21-2008, 09:34 PM

People from the DC area were probably the only ones to receive it.

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Did you do the conf. call?

Coola
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Did you do the conf. call?

Sadly I couldn't make it :(

Sandy
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
It's really a shame he can't stick with the libertarian position on this issue, it's the only weak link in an otherwise strong position on the issues. It's not right when men dictate whether women can receive health care or not. I can't wait for the day when subjugating women is completely out of the political arena and the way it should be.

The man is an OB who has delivered over 4,000 babies, it would be creepy for him to be pro-physician assisted infanticide. Who grew up saying they wanted to be an abortion 'doctor'? I would be worried about that kid. Infanticide is not about 'liberty', and I am a woman. The SCOTUS made a law, which is not it's job, and took away state's rights to ban it if they want to.

All the MEN of the SCOTUS were involved with making a Federal decision to nationally make outlawing abortion illegal, they were dictating.

Subjugating women, it's death of unborn children, and there are a ton of people out there in line to adopt which this information is kept under wraps when woman get counseling at such places as the eugenicist front 'Planned Parenthood'. A TON, and these woman should be talked to about really considering adoption procedures. Most women who get an abortion regret it later, but they can't turn back time.

Information is also being kept from woman that there is a significant increase in the chance of getting breast carcinoma from having first trimester abortions. Yes, you read that right.

AggieforPaul
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM

He did stick with the libertarian (small l) position on this issue. You cant protect liberty if you dont protect life. The LP has gotten on the wrong side of their ideology on this issue similar to what the Republicans have done on the war issue.

inibo
01-21-2008, 09:58 PM

However much you may dissagree with his position, the fact of the matter is he's trying to win the Republican nomination.

evadmurd
01-21-2008, 09:59 PM

His view on the 'libertarian position' is that all human life deserves the same individual rights and liberties as any other. Can't be more libertarian than that.

agamemnon
01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I went to my first ever RP meeting this evening, folks who were at the Pro-life walk in San Fran were there.
The pro-lifers on the west coast were very receptive and thousands of slim jims were handed out.
What other candidate could unite pro-choice Berkeley-type students and Pro-lifers?
The word at the meeting was we have thousands of pro-life slim jims to hand out and there will be lots of boots on the ground. The group had also sign-bombed the whole Washington Mall, Capital Hill area -even inside the porta-johns! As one guy said, "when the congressional staffers leave the Metro and come into the light, all they'll see is Ron Paul"

agamemnon
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I went to my first ever RP meeting this evening, folks who were at the Pro-life walk in San Fran were there.

The pro-lifers on the west coast were very receptive and thousands of slim jims were handed out.

What other candidate could unite pro-choice Berkeley-type students and Pro-lifers?

The word at the meeting was we have thousands of pro-life slim jims to hand out and there will be lots of boots on the ground. The group had also sign-bombed the whole Washington Mall, Capital Hill area -even inside the porta-johns! As one guy said, "when the congressional staffers leave the Metro and come into the light, all they'll see is Ron Paul"

LibertyForever
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
IF ANYONE out there has PRO LIFE SLIM JIMS OR CAN GET SOME at 8 am Please let me get some, i am not able to make it at 8 am but i can get there at noon to 1

Inflation
01-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Carrying 105 lbs of pro-life Ron Paul fliers, California's Vince Nguyen has come to DC.

During his incredible experience at the San Francisco Walk For Life on Jan 19th, Vince found thousands of active voters that want to hear about Ron Paul. He helped pass out thousands of fliers and got hundreds of votes for Dr. Paul.

On Jan 22nd, the National March for Life will attract between 100,000 and 200,000 people to Washington, D.C. Most of them are undecided registered Republican. This is a golden opportunity.

That's why Vince got a ticket to D.C. and arrived Monday afternoon bearing 12,000 beautiful pro-life fliers.

At the SF Walk, it took 20 people to pass out 5,000 fliers. So we need many more Ron Paul supporters to help Vince on Tuesday morning. The best time to distribute fliers is when the buses unload and when the participants queue up waiting to begin walking.

Most people there won't know that Ron Paul has delivered 4,000 babies and has a sterling pro-life record that is second to none.
Many of them don't like their choices only because they don't know that Ron Paul is a OB/GYN.
Bringing people good news and information they want to hear is a pleasure. It's an easy way to get thousands of votes from a friendly audience!
We got hundreds of pro-life voters to support Ron Paul at the SF Walk last Sunday. With the Roe endorsement we can find tens of thousands of new supporters.

We made the local news, with great result for Ron Paul! http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=5902392

If you'd like to print your own fliers the link is
http://files.meetup.com/621007/lifeflier.pdf

Tobias2dope
01-22-2008, 01:31 AM
I just wanted to say that I will be in DC with my Ron Paul T-shirt. I don't think the bus will be in that early, but I was thinking about walking to the hotel to see if Ron was anywhere. Maybe we'll give a speech.

I also wanted to point out an oddity, The biggest visible sign, in a random picture of 200,000 people, is "Bentleyville" that's 15min away from my house and I went with those catholics 4 years ago. So that's highly coincidental