PDA

View Full Version : Rx Paul at Townhall Dives to Five

Douglass Bartley
07-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Rx Paul at Townhall Dives to Five
Monday, July 30, 2007 8:51 AM

Please see http://rxpaul.townhall.com/g/cedf98cf-33b7-42d6-b004-f5129ed38ec9

The article is meager humor, but I can't understand why we aren't No. 1 after yesterday. I looked at the sitemeters for both the new No. 1 ("Where are my keys?) and No. 5 (Rx: Paul), and we seem to be doing a whole lot better for the 7-day rating period.

The site meters are located on the right of each blog. Does anyone have the time to help determine whether there is something wrong here?

A week or two ago, before breaking into the top ten, I asked what are the formula and the factors used in ranking the blogs and didn't get a satisfactory answer.

Larofeticus
07-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe you should make fewer posts about how you rank against other blogs?

it seems so... narcissistic

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Maybe you should make fewer posts about how you rank against other blogs?

it seems so... narcissistic

TownHall is the largest Republican web site there is. The higher the rating, the more visible his blog. Since his blog is all about Ron Paul, the more people who read it, the further Dr. Paul's message will be spread.

foofighter20x
07-30-2007, 09:08 AM
TownHall is the largest Republican web site there is. The higher the rating, the more visible his blog. Since his blog is all about Ron Paul, the more people who read it, the further Dr. Paul's message will be spread.

And what exactly does that have to do with his statement about narcissism? :confused:

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
And what exactly does that have to do with his statement about narcissism? :confused:

Because Douglass isn't being narcissistic, he is trying to get Dr. Paul's word out. And as I said, The higher the rating, the more visible his blog about Dr. Paul. That's the only reason he's concerned about the rating.

foofighter20x
07-30-2007, 09:44 AM
yeah, but how many times has he tooted his own horn since he's made the top ten? i can think of at least 4 times. and it's all been inside of 10 days.

people aren't clicking the link to read about how great his blog is... once or twice is okay, but seriously, let the other pro-paul blogs laud him. he needs to stick to dr paul's message and blog about the issues, not about his standings.

excessively patting oneself on the back isn't seen by most people as being humble.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I think if you'd check his blog, you'd see that he is blogging about the issues.

Give him a break, dude, this last week is the first time any of us have been able to crack TownHall at all and some of us have spent an inordinate number of hours trying to do so over quite a few months. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps he has kept us advised of the rating, because he thought we might actually be happy about it? You know, something upbeat to report, instead of Dr. Paul doesn't show up at all in x poll, or is at 1% in another.

Don't shoot someone down who is trying so hard to do right. Ok? If you have to kick someone, go kick a neocon or something.

Douglass Bartley
07-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Foolfighter: Are you the same Foolfighter who two days ago asked me to collaborate on and publish an article on TH? Or was that an imposter?

foofighter20x
07-30-2007, 10:05 AM
LOL...

foolfighter seems to get overused on this site... what gives? :p

Doug, that was me.

Please, everyone, realize: I'm not trying to make the criticism personal on anyone. Just pointing out that we ought to follow the good Dr's example on personal humility when we present ourselves and our stances to others...

Larofeticus
07-30-2007, 10:34 AM
So I should clairify i suppose.

Posting here about ranking well on Town Hall: Good
Posting on town hall about ranking well on town hall: Bad

hypothetical situation:
"I'm a conservative who's never heard of this guy ron paul! Oh look a blog for him that ranks highly. I will look at it. Hmm... it seems obsessed with ranking well on town hall... .and there is a duckie. I am not impressed and will investigate something else."

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
A little judgmental, aren't we?

Especially after 18 posts.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Let me clarify something for you.

Providing constructive criticism and feedback: GOOD
Slinging mud at the actions of a RP supporter who is working hard to get out Dr. Paul's message: BAD

By the way, if you think you can do it so much better, why don't you go over there and spend countless hours building a reputation and then start your own TownHall blog about Ron Paul. Be sure and let us know about it when you do, so we can all take potshots.

Larofeticus
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
It is constructive criticism. Less posts about ranking well leaves more room for posts supportive of ron paul.

Oh no my post count is low, small and tiny, which by association undermines any points I attempt to make. I cower in fear of your mighty E-Penis.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, let's see. Your first post in this thread referenced the term "narcissistic". I'm not seeing how you think calling someone names is "constructive".

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
As your next act, why don't you now go over to this thread and spew your wisdom on the guy who is excited about the new radio station he is getting up and running.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9648&page=6

Larofeticus
07-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
nar·cis·sism /ˈnɑrsəˌsɪzɛm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nahr-suh-siz-em] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.

I would make the claim that posting about the rank of a blog inside that blog fits this description, and would be more effective to not make additional posts of that nature. But I'm done talking here. Good day to you.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Some people take action.
Others sit on their asses and take potshots at those who do what they are not.

Douglass Bartley
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey, check out my new avatar just minted. It's Narcissus. The new Me.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:24 AM
:D

foofighter20x
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey, check out my new avatar just minted. It's Narcissus. The new Me.

He needs some pants... or a tan.