PDA

View Full Version : Can we save the campaign?

Doug1372
01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
On the last money bomb there were over 2,000 members following the action at about this same time. Today, less than 300. In fact, more folks are in the "bad media" forum then are watching this.

We really need to do something to get the focus back. Any ideas?

I'll have to admit that I am one of the "doubters." A poorly focused campaign, poor results and negative media all have crushed my enthusiasm. I donated a little over $500 to the campaign during the two big previous moneybombs, but I can't see the "payoff" today. I did donate $50 although I'm not nearly as enthusiastic/hopeful about what this money will achieve.

I've posted previously about what I thought the campaign needed to do to cast Dr. Paul in a more positive light but there wasn't much support or discussion on the matter.

I'm terribly worried that today will be the last "moneybomb" of any signifigance if we can't focus the campaign to a more meaningful attack against the other candidates and perhaps an attack on the MSM (lawsuit?) for it's clearly biased, purposeful bashing/ignoring of Dr. Paul.

I tend not to watch too much TV. But my parents, both supporters of Ron Paul, told me about an ABC television "segment" that was interviewing "prostitutes for Ron Paul" prior to the Nevada primary.

This type of coverage is going to kill Dr. Paul. Along with questions about drugs, the "newsletter," and other (tangents) things he talks about. WE understand. But the campaign needs to tell him to address these issues straight on..."I do not advocated/support/...whatever" or else we are doomed and the idiots will win.

I do not advocate drug use.
I do not advocate prostitution.

etc...

also, lets get rid of all the little fundraisers. If the campaign wants a blimp, let them spend money on that, or any of the half-dozen other things that this site and others seem to want money for. Put all or your resources towards the official campaign, let them know how you want it to be spent and hope they spend it wisely.

fwiw..."our" commercials suck!!!!!!!!!!!

gigione
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Your looking at this the wrong way. Its not about saving the campaign, its about saving America. Dr. Paul is going against the establishment that took over our country and republican party for their own selfish reasons...this is no cake walk. We don't need the MSM, it doesn't matter what they say. When we go out into the real world and talk to people it changes everything...that is the way to go. In our society we are so isolated because of TV and Internet, we forget we can talk to real people about Ron Paul. Have a Ron Paul pizza party, invite everyone despite who they support. When the weather gets warmer I am planning on having some old fashion political picnics. When the Going Gets Tough the Tough Get Going...I like that statement.

SVS2K
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I wish more people were aware that this was originally billed as a $10 donation donation day. THAT ALONE is going to kill any kind of TeaParty07 kick-start you were expecting to see.

Not to mention, this time around, i still donated my $300 but didn't spend much time keeping up with it since I was reading up on other more pressing issues like primaries, the economy, convincing my parents to vote RP, and uh... WORKING. :)

Anything else is just rambling speculation. Be positive and keep up the good work. :)

CaliforniaGold
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I really think the most effective thing we can do to "Save" the campaign is to watch the way we think, speak, and type. We have GOT to be more enthused and energetic and positive and less frightful and worried!

Anyone can read our words! Even the other guys.
Don't let them see into our souls too much!

Why do you think that Dr. Paul keeps his campaign close to the vest?
So that he can keep the other side guessing! They could use our fears and ideas against us.

Say it, think it, believe it, cause it!

Doug1372
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Although I agree with you to a certain extent, I think you are the one who is looking at it all wrong. But, I don't know what can be done. I think I got long-winded on the last post.

I know I've "eduacted/indoctrinated" about 20 people. Most of these people had never heard about Dr. Paul. I'd say 10-12 are now supporters. But, our support seems mostly regulated to the internet and we keep allowing our candidate to be bashed by the MSM without taking any action. Take the fuckers to court...let them know we are watching....

If the media is allowed to bash/slander/ignore Dr. Paul, our relatively small group of internet supporters will not be able to save his candidacy.

Carole
01-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Many of these points have been addressed in the proper thread about suggestions for Ron Paul.

Why don't you take your ideas there and post them, rather than here where they will not be directed to the campaign.

Peace&Freedom
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Calm down, there was 100% grassroots unity behind the Tea Party last month, but no consensus for doing any further bombs. That's why there's a fall off from the participation last month. We should be happy with a 2-2.5 million haul today, that we should use as a more realistic 'baseline' target to reach in any subsequent fundraisers.

sutt205
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
How about becoming a precinct leader and hitting the streets. There is nothing that makes me feel better than converting someone. We are after all educating an entire nation. It is not easy and it has to be done face to face. Everybody pick your heads up, we have already come a long way. Not enough but we will. For America

liberteebell
01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Your looking at this the wrong way. Its not about saving the campaign, its about saving America. Dr. Paul is going against the establishment that took over our country and republican party for their own selfish reasons...this is no cake walk. We don't need the MSM, it doesn't matter what they say. When we go out into the real world and talk to people it changes everything...that is the way to go. In our society we are so isolated because of TV and Internet, we forget we can talk to real people about Ron Paul. Have a Ron Paul pizza party, invite everyone despite who they support. When the weather gets warmer I am planning on having some old fashion political picnics. When the Going Gets Tough the Tough Get Going...I like that statement.

+1

Hang out with fellow Ron Paul supporters for support. Today, our Freedom March went a long way towards improving my attitude (which wasn't so bad to begin with but still...). And it's also nice to see the positive support we got from passersby. Word's getting out despite the media.

The smears will continue, regardless. In fact, they'll probably get worse considering how RP is shaking the establishment. Get used to it and use RP as an example of how to ignore it.

Carry on. We CAN do this!

MalcolmGandi
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
www.pauldigras.com

DFF
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Do these four things and you've got a resounding "YES!"

1)Ditch the "money bomb" concept in favor of $50-$25 per Friday.
2)Sign up as a precinct leader.
3)Register to vote.
4)Vote for Dr. Paul in your State's primary/caucus.

As an aside; one more money bomb -- www.rebates4ron.com -- is fine, but that's it.

A. Havnes
01-21-2008, 08:45 PM
For one, this was billed as a $10 donation day. And the other part you answered yourself. You said that you were disheartened and you didn't feel that the campaign was using the money wisely. It is that attitude that hinders the Revolution. I suggest you look for the positive reactions to supporters and focus and bringing that kind of energy into the campaign. Do some marches, hand out DVDs or fliers - anything that will get you into the spirit again.

Remember, no one said that this was going to be easy, and no one said that there was a guarentee about anything. We're all willing to put things on the line to restore liberty and freedom to this once great nation. Surely, the patriots of old felt disheartened. Look at how America was born even! A ragtag group of civilians coming together to defeat the British army! It wasn't easy, and although we know the end of the story now, they didn't. For all they knew, they would be crushed by the British, but they could always have said that they tried.

We're working for a cause, and we're fighting a non-violent war. Remember, there is power in numbers, power in truth, and the power of the people will one day be heard.

It reminds me of the song "Do You Hear the People Sing" from Les Miserables.

"Do you hear the people sing? Singing the songs of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again! When the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums, there is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!"

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of the doubt, and it is doubt that will bring us to a stop, not the media.

HOLLYWOOD
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
On the last money bomb there were over 2,000 members following the action at about this same time. Today, less than 300. ...

I tend not to watch too much TV. But my parents, both supporters of Ron Paul, told me about an ABC television "segment" that was interviewing "prostitutes for Ron Paul" prior to the Nevada primary.

This type of coverage is going to kill Dr. Paul.

fwiw..."our" commercials suck!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your support and pain... being a Marketing Corporate Veteran, how do you think I feel when I see 'High Schoolish CARWASH Caliber' type of Campaigning and Marketing for Ron Paul?

It is blatantly obvious that professionals are NOT Managing or Handling this Presidential Campaign to the level that's warranted. It's a Pity to all since there's so many opportunities to capitalized upon and succeed... only to see another inepted ill faded attempt, blunder, or missed strategy, because of possibly a senior ego or stubborned old policy.

I feel the pain and disgust as much as others... but for the campaign to remain tight lipped, after receiving stellar FUND raising by the GRASSROOTS and SUPPORTERS, gets pretty demoralizing.

Yet the continuation of the CAMPAIGN STAFF to produce/conduct poorly conceived operations, messages, & strategies... starts to equate to a lesson in futility.

If there wasn't money or massive fund raisers, I would expect some of the above, but with 10's of millions in cash raised, tons of Volunteers, GRASSROOTS, SUPPORTERS, greater creativity and ideas than the campaign, just shows the WRONG PEOPLE are running the Campaign...etc

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
I say power through Feb 5 and see where we are.

The real goal, all along, in my opinion, has been an independent run. The GOP will never, ever elect a guy who wants to end the war and legalize cocaine. Think about it.

We never, ever had a chance in this corrupt, war-mongering GOP. It was only a launching pad for an idependent run.

A. Havnes
01-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm glad that Ron Paul hasn't closed the door on an independent run, but while he's running as a republican, isn't it best to show the world what we can do?

N13
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Think positive, a lot of money changed hands today and its tipping the scales in Ron's favor.

Maybe the problem lies in the expectations.

TexMac
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Do these four things and you've got a resounding "YES!"

1)Ditch the "money bomb" concept in favor of $50-$25 per Friday.
2)Sign up as a precinct leader.
3)Register to vote.
4)Vote for Dr. Paul in your State's primary/caucus.

As an aside; one more money bomb -- www.rebates4ron.com (http://www.rebates4ron.com) -- is fine, but that's it.
Who's doing that moneybomb? They misspelled "largesse." (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/dictionaries/difficultwords/data/d0007477.html)