PDA

View Full Version : David M. Walker (US Comptroller) edorsement?

cputter
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
David M. Walker is the US comptroller general at the moment and is one of the few people in the gov that has been talking about the the dire financial crises of this and future generations.

Everything he says pretty much lines up with what RP has been saying for quite a while...

Seeing that he is appointed to a 15 year term I don't see any political reason for him not to endorse Dr. Paul.

And none of the other candidates out there besides RP is saying anything even vaguely similar (sure as hell none of the dems)

So why hasn't he endorsed RP yet? Or why hasn't anybody at least asked him whether he agrees with RP on the economy (which he sure as hell does), and then published it????

Would be a great endorsement/support/agreement to have.

David M. Walker on the economy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaSuL9L_G2w

Fields
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
We tried. He can't endorse anyone.

Dead thread.

Staupostek
Is it legal for someone in his position to issue political endorsements?

mconder
+1

Fields
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM

NO. We contacted him and he said he can't endorse.

Thomas Paine
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM

No.

RSLudlum
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
no, he can't...and he's stated this b4. But we can try to keep him in the news by contacting media and requesting him to appear. Seems like Colbert and/or Stewart would like to have him on given their format!

Staupostek
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
NO. We contacted him and he said he can't endorse.

My apologies. When I did my reply, your's was not up yet.

cputter
01-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Ok, ok. I get it: NO ENDORSEMENT!

That's why I asked about something like an agreement at least.

Maybe something like:

"I can't endorse Ron Paul, but he's views on the economy are spot on. Unlike all those other kooks running for office."

Maybe I'm just being to idealistic, but there are so many well known, smart people out there that should (according to their own views on the issues) be publicly endorsing/agreeing with RP, but aren't.

It's just frustrating I guess.

liberteebell
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
He can't endorse but I bet he can sport a Ron Paul bumper sticker on his car :D

Staupostek
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Couldn't Ron Paul host an event on monetary and fiscal policy and have David Walker speak at it to emphasized the importance of addressing this problem?

Fields
01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Couldn't Ron Paul host an event on monetary and fiscal policy and have David Walker speak at it to emphasized the importance of addressing this problem?

Now that is not a bad idea.

TonySutton
01-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Glenn Beck did it for him in this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-16u9x3tfE

Glenn Beck "Ron Paul is probably the only politician out there saying stop all of this spending, all of this spending."

Staupostek
01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Glenn Beck did it for him in this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-16u9x3tfE

I saw the Beck piece with him. But if we could get video of him and Ron Paul discussing this issue, it might be of some use in the campaign.

DrCap
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I am using some of his numbers to convince people of the gravity of the situation, and telling them, don't believe me, go to gao.gov and watch the presentation yourself from an unbiased person who is our country's ACCOUNTANT!.

liberteebell
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
I am using some of his numbers to convince people of the gravity of the situation, and telling them, don't believe me, go to gao.gov and watch the presentation yourself from an unbiased person who is our country's ACCOUNTANT!.

I am doing same. It gets attention. I'm thinking of passing out dvds to my precinct.

literatim
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Call and suggest it:

703-248-9115

Jobarra
01-21-2008, 11:16 PM

I am doing same. It gets attention. I'm thinking of passing out dvds to my precinct.
Look at the last two links in my signature ;)