PDA

View Full Version : My Pledge: Time to cut ties with Ignorance.

JoBurke
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I have been doing alot of thinking lately, and in all of the efforts to spread the word of freedom in the form of Ron Paul, I am coming to the conclusion that I myself am to blame along with my fellow Ron Paul supporters for "rewarding" ignorance. Now, I understand that people say "Ignorance is bliss" but we as a people, the American people have ran ourselves into a wall of our own making...and I have been standing by letting others be sheep or "sheepish" in my presence, and I have had it.

If there is an American who cannot see that our economy is shot, we are losing homes, and almost everyone is in debt, our media is completely lying to us daily, our elected officials are out of control playing some shameful political game, our wallets are being hijacked daily, our government is killing all over the world for profit in our name against some phantom called "Islamofascists" - taking our rights and freedoms daily, implementing measures to control our lives from everything to Vaccines, to Schooling, to "obey at all times" and cannot see that the only one who is speaking out about this trying desperately to save all of us is this man Ron Paul....then they are not only a menace to themselves, but to other sheep as well...and therefore must continue the sheeplike existence without my company.

I pledge: Starting today, I will cease to have any friends, (or will severe current ties with friends) and family that fail to research the issues that are truly important, like for example the issues that Ron Paul stands for...and other issues that are now destroying our country - There is no excuse anymore! The information is out there, all you have to do is look, and open your eyes, and decide that instead of following the state owned propaganda box and what they are saying or following what others do, begin to investigate and question yourself, am I missing the forest because of the trees?...is there more here? I have come to see that by encouraging others to "have thier own opinion" I am basically giving them the right to be ignorant - which is being abused. I now require friends and family to educate themselves and firstly admit that the United States of America is in a huge crisis, our government has driven us to ruin, and acknowledge this to be so...or lose the right to interact with me. I will seek out others who are looking for solutions, (for example other Ron Paul supporters) looking for answers, and can at the very least admit that our country is not in great shape - far from it. That is step 1 - my next step is to actively seek out in or around my community...business, shopping, or better said any and all venues of which I need to survive - and only give my money to people who have shown through actions that they support freedom, liberty, honesty and the true american way - or stop buying trading or interacting with these poeple while telling them of this immediatly. My next step will be to get more active in my local council, and support others openly who follow our basic principles based directly in line with our Constitution...and possibly also seek office in order to do even more in the future...

My hope is that all of "us" (meaning Ron Paul supporters) will follow this basic idea to disown or discourage people, organizations, or business venues, who fail to be at least honest about the issues that need attention and admit that we are being driven into a wall by this regime and we need to search and find solutions fast...and what better a person than one that is not afraid to tell the truth (to power and people...and sheep) no matter how much it hurts and no matter how ugly the reflection in the mirror is when it is shown to you - that is a true friend, that is Ron Paul and that is what this country needs...and if people are not ready for this, then we must band together (on a community level) and support only those who are willing to wake up and work for honesty and for the future of America.

Ignorance and Willful Blindness will no longer be tolerated - that is my Pledge.

CoreyBowen999
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Your ganna be one lonely person. Too many are ignorant

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I only have control over myself and I have to come to terms with that.

JoBurke
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Then there is still hope.

PaultheSaint
01-21-2008, 06:53 PM

agreed but sympathize with his frustration. I have just toned down my approach with friends and family and try to target something that they can relate to reguarding current events and RP's postion. If you lay it all on them it just too much and they look at us like we are nuts. Maybe rightfully so being I started my crusade for the truth just ober 2 years ago.

Unfortunally this stuff is at our doorsteps and soon they will realize. I can hear the crys for help now.

evadmurd
01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet" -- Matthew 10:14

Yeah, I know it is out of context, but it still fits.

damoncrowe
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may your posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. Samuel Adams

AlexMerced
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
if cut off ties with ignorant people, they stay that way, this is why many libertarians have been inneffective (not all of them, but very vocal ones)

It sucks to be around osmone who doesn't get it, but by continuing to attempt to educate them, every attempt gets them one step closer to enlightenment

the ignorance in this country is a lot at fault of those who are enlightened by our lack of tolerance in the process of educating the less enlightened.

thehittgirl
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM

I agree. Most people I know are ignorant. I have a close friend who is voting for McCain. It's pretty upsetting, but she's been good to me personally. She has been educated, but yet chooses to be that way. I just pray that her daughter will not be drafted when she turns 18.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
How about we give a quiz on where the political candidates stand before we allow someone to vote? The shock of it!

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Tell your friends to go to Glassboth.org before they go and vote.

The results are usually shocking.

RSLudlum
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
then maybe you should do a Thoreau and seriously think about setting up camp in Walden Woods :D

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I have a close friend who is voting for McCain. It's pretty upsetting, but she's been good to me personally. She has been educated, but yet chooses to be that way.No, she's been indoctrinated.

WilliamC
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I've felt much this way for a long time.

It's quite lonely.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I have come to see that by encouraging others to "have thier own opinion" I am basically giving them the right to be ignorant.Well, rights talk doesn't really fit with such a situation. However, I agree that the prevailing view that "everyone has a right to their own opinion" discourages people from examining their own beliefs.

As for the rest, it sounds like you're doing a John Galt, of a sort.

BTW, here's one of my favourite quotes: "The unexamined life is not worth living" --Socrates.

WilliamC
01-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Tell your friends to go to Glassboth.org before they go and vote.

The results are usually shocking.

Not really for me.

I put all 20 points into taxes and budgets, since that's really the only thing that gives a government any power whatsoever; the authority to tax.

I was 91% "in agreement" with Ron Paul.

I guess he is not quite as strict as I would be.

I happen to think that, ideally, all government funding should be from voluntary contributions and user fees.

Any politician who tries to use the color of law to forcibly take from another what they would not give of their own accord should be...well...at the very least not a politician anymore.

TruckinMike
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I'll be your friend.http://emoticons2.awardspace.com/images/SuperSmileys%20(197).gif
TMike

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Not really for me.

I put all 20 points into taxes and budgets, since that's really the only thing that gives a government any power whatsoever; the authority to tax.

I was 91% "in agreement" with Ron Paul.

I guess he is not quite as strict as I would be.

I happen to think that, ideally, all government funding should be from voluntary contributions and user fees.

Any politician who tries to use the color of law to forcibly take from another what they would not give of their own accord should be...well...at the very least not a politician anymore.

Isn't 91% good though? Was another canidate higher?

I meant it suprises people that really don't understand why they are voting for a canidate. Which is obviously not you or most Ron Paul supporters.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Isn't 91% good though? Was another canidate higher?

I meant it suprises people that really don't understand why they are voting for a canidate. Which is obviously not you or most Ron Paul supporters.

91% is just fine, I was being a bit sarcastic in implying Ron Paul is somehow less against taxes than I.

And yes, you will find the vast majority of Ron Paul supporters know exactly why we are supporting him.

As for supporters of other candidates, I know some of them have studied the issues and are making their decisions on rational-self-interest as best they understand it.

A very small some of them.

fj45lvr
01-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Hey right ON!!!

It isn't lonely either. All that is needed is ORGANIZATION of our forces under some real leadership. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later and we can get back our pound of flesh and "overthrow" the liars and crooks.

DFF
01-22-2008, 05:43 AM

LOL!!!

JoBurke
01-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll be your friend.http://emoticons2.awardspace.com/images/SuperSmileys%20(197).gif
TMike

Thanks! my dad was a trucker his whole life - so i believe you!

Paulitical Correctness
01-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Politics should never come between friends and family.

Thomas_Paine
01-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I have been doing alot of thinking lately, and in all of the efforts to spread the word of freedom in the form of Ron Paul, I am coming to the conclusion that I myself am to blame along with my fellow Ron Paul supporters for "rewarding" ignorance. Now, I understand that people say "Ignorance is bliss" but we as a people, the American people have ran ourselves into a wall of our own making...and I have been standing by letting others be sheep or "sheepish" in my presence, and I have had it.

If there is an American who cannot see that our economy is shot, we are losing homes, and almost everyone is in debt, our media is completely lying to us daily, our elected officials are out of control playing some shameful political game, our wallets are being hijacked daily, our government is killing all over the world for profit in our name against some phantom called "Islamofascists" - taking our rights and freedoms daily, implementing measures to control our lives from everything to Vaccines, to Schooling, to "obey at all times" and cannot see that the only one who is speaking out about this trying desperately to save all of us is this man Ron Paul....then they are not only a menace to themselves, but to other sheep as well...and therefore must continue the sheeplike existence without my company.

I pledge: Starting today, I will cease to have any friends, (or will severe current ties with friends) and family that fail to research the issues that are truly important, like for example the issues that Ron Paul stands for...and other issues that are now destroying our country - There is no excuse anymore! The information is out there, all you have to do is look, and open your eyes, and decide that instead of following the state owned propaganda box and what they are saying or following what others do, begin to investigate and question yourself, am I missing the forest because of the trees?...is there more here? I have come to see that by encouraging others to "have thier own opinion" I am basically giving them the right to be ignorant - which is being abused. I now require friends and family to educate themselves and firstly admit that the United States of America is in a huge crisis, our government has driven us to ruin, and acknowledge this to be so...or lose the right to interact with me. I will seek out others who are looking for solutions, (for example other Ron Paul supporters) looking for answers, and can at the very least admit that our country is not in great shape - far from it. That is step 1 - my next step is to actively seek out in or around my community...business, shopping, or better said any and all venues of which I need to survive - and only give my money to people who have shown through actions that they support freedom, liberty, honesty and the true american way - or stop buying trading or interacting with these poeple while telling them of this immediatly. My next step will be to get more active in my local council, and support others openly who follow our basic principles based directly in line with our Constitution...and possibly also seek office in order to do even more in the future...

My hope is that all of "us" (meaning Ron Paul supporters) will follow this basic idea to disown or discourage people, organizations, or business venues, who fail to be at least honest about the issues that need attention and admit that we are being driven into a wall by this regime and we need to search and find solutions fast...and what better a person than one that is not afraid to tell the truth (to power and people...and sheep) no matter how much it hurts and no matter how ugly the reflection in the mirror is when it is shown to you - that is a true friend, that is Ron Paul and that is what this country needs...and if people are not ready for this, then we must band together (on a community level) and support only those who are willing to wake up and work for honesty and for the future of America.

Ignorance and Willful Blindness will no longer be tolerated - that is my Pledge.

careful, that's how a cult is started

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I've learned you can't awaken the sleeping.

When you "try", they react like anyone would when you shake someone in the middle of the night while asleep - with anger.

Everyone has their own timing on when the inner light leads them from the old ways of illusion, and it is best to love them and care for them yet not interfere with their choice to remain ignorant, or to rush their awakening.

niall
01-22-2008, 11:48 AM

Not necessarily...he can move with the other hard-core freedom lovers to the Free State! www.freestateproject.org

MikeStanart
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry but....

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our Liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

2young2vote
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Your pledge should be more like "I pledge to educate all family and friends about the government and Ron Paul."

Marceline88
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Interesting idea BUT......I couldn't do it, or I would have to stop speaking to most of my extended family and cease attending holiday and birthday dinners.

Sorry, but family is more important to me than being right.