PDA

View Full Version : What an AMAZING day

Xchange
01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
We are having an amazing day....and are witness to history in the making once again.
Long live the message of Dr.King...

as of 6pm..
1.3mil
4,300..new donors
over 17,100 donations

Pretty good considering...
Our economy sucks ass
People are broke after the holidays
Supporters have already donated ALOT and some are already MAXED out
Supporters spend ALOT of money on the Blimp,charter flights for RP,and it takes alot of cash to support the strongest grassroots movement in the GOP
The "bomb" wasn't promoted very well..nor for very long(3 weeks)
Donations of 10$

There will be another after tax time...which will dwarf even Tea Party '07
It will be Epic..

hopeforamerica
01-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Awesome 1st post! You are welcome to post many more...

CaliforniaGold
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Yes, it is incredible!
I am very very proud to be an American!
Our love of freedom should never be underestimated!

flames2dust77
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Indeed! an awesome day for sure=)

Xonox
Brings up a good point... we need to organize the next money bomb starting now.

Rebel Resource
Tax Rebound Bomb

The00viper
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Freedom of Information Request: Money Bomb after Tax Time? Please explain. :cool:

Bilgefisher
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I always wondered how much in total donations we have made. Blimp to commercials, to tv ads to the campaign. I bet it well exceeds 30 million.

heartless
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
don't forget the chipin for the New Hampshire recount

CaliforniaGold
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
How about a

Send a Valentine to Ron Day!

The00viper
01-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Thinking about it, I don't think a money bomb should be scheduled. Ron Paul needs the money now, constantly. He can't afford to sit around a month waiting for more money.

The only scheduled giving of money we should really look towards is "Rebates for Ron Paul" --- http://www.rebates4ron.com/ --- And the only reason that should be scheduled is those rebates haven't been given out yet.

Otherwise, people should continue to give as much as they can as often as they can.

emk
01-21-2008, 06:49 PM
If you space it another month out, I'm in for another bomb.

TSOL
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I think today has been great !

Alos, it's TAX time :P

steve254
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
+1

SeekLiberty
01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
We are having an amazing day....and are witness to history in the making once again.

as of 6pm..
1.3mil
4,300..new donors
over 17,100 donations

Our economy sucks ass
Supporters spend ALOT of money on the Blimp,charter flights for RP,and it takes alot of cash to support the strongest grassroots movement in the GOP
Donations of 10$

It will be Epic..

Welcome aboard. Great post! :)

- SL

mysticgeek
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Yep! Great day ... and it is not over yet

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes, it is a great day indeed! And we still have 4 hrs left. Lets get that surge going!!!

:)

Molly1
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM

as of 6pm..
1.3mil
4,300..new donors
over 17,100 donations

Our economy sucks ass
Donations of 10$

It will be Epic..

Where are you getting these stats?

Let's keep the moneybom going for another day. :D

dreicher
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I will be sending in money when I can and saving a little extra for my own personal "Happy Birthday, Carol Paul" money bomb on Feb. 29th. I definitely think she's earned a nod.

Trigonx
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
welcome to the forums :), and yes today is an amazing day!

Xchange
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...

I feel like I am walking amongst celebrity....true patriots everyone of you..

jackers
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
When I went to donate it said I couldn't if I was a Federal Contractor. Help me figure out if I am a Federal Contractor.

I work for Wyle Laboratories at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland. My job is that of a contractor. I am a prior US Marine and now still fly on KC-130 aircraft.

To make this a little easier, we have two main types of empolyees on the base. Government and contractors. Gov't employees have blue identification badges and contractors have brown ones.

With all of that being said, can I donate?

skilt
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I am glad we are having a positive day. I gave $200, but I think we need to work on a weekly deal, and I think it needs to come from the campaign. That's why I liked the idea of a ron paul pay day every friday. If the Campaign sent out an email to all it's members asking for $50 dollars - and that was what was given on average , then that would be $5mill/week. Let's however say that we gave just half that, then 2.5 mill/week. 2.5 x 4 = 10 mill a month, 30 for the quarter. NOW, some may say well, we're not winning and enthusiam may wane. I agree, but I don't. We need to look at this as a movement for the long term, requiring long term sacrifice and long term giving. If we can frame it as such, I believe the giving would continue all the way to the convention. I'm going to put it on the HQ blog comments section.

sk

dreicher
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
When I went to donate it said I couldn't if I was a Federal Contractor. Help me figure out if I am a Federal Contractor.

I work for Wyle Laboratories at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland. My job is that of a contractor. I am a prior US Marine and now still fly on KC-130 aircraft.

To make this a little easier, we have two main types of empolyees on the base. Government and contractors. Gov't employees have blue identification badges and contractors have brown ones.

You are an employee? Do you own a significant share of Wyle Labs (20%+)? Chances are you are not THE contractor but an employee of...

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM

as of 6pm..
1.3mil
4,300..new donors
over 17,100 donations

Our economy sucks ass
Donations of 10$

It will be Epic..

What's better is that we are going to win the Louisiana caucus tomorrow.. Paul is the only candidate with delegates everywhere in the state

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM

Just donate.. Dont worry about it

dreicher
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM

From John McCain's donation page:

By checking the box below, I certify this is my personal credit card not funded by a corporation or other prohibited source. I am a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident. I am not personally a federal government contractor (employees of federal contractors may contribute). This contribution will not be reimbursed by anyone else and will not cause my contributions to John McCain 2008 to exceed $2,300 per election.

And, no...I didn't give any money to McCain.

JMann
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
How about Friday:
George Washington — Date of Birth: 22 February 1732

Or do we need one sooner?

NerveShocker
01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Thinking about it, I don't think a money bomb should be scheduled. Ron Paul needs the money now, constantly. He can't afford to sit around a month waiting for more money.

The only scheduled giving of money we should really look towards is "Rebates for Ron Paul" --- http://www.rebates4ron.com/ --- And the only reason that should be scheduled is those rebates haven't been given out yet.

Otherwise, people should continue to give as much as they can as often as they can.

I agree we need the money now and the next few days if it's going to have any effect on Super Tuesday. After money-bombs the next day is always a big day in donations as many join in late. I think what we need to do is focus on making the rest of the night today big in donations and then carrying it into tomorrow. Hopefully between the two days we can get 2.5 or maybe 3 million depending on what happens in the next hours.

Donate for the Free at Last Money Bomb! Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

Xchange
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
If there were to be another 'bomb"....

It would be imperitive that it not be rushed....
Very well thought out and Very well promoted...

Soon it will only be Dr.Paul,Huck,Mitt,and McCain

The focus will narrow...
And there will be no way the can ignore us any longer...

RonPaulFTFW
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I think we did great too.

No other candidate can pull 2 mil out of their butt at the last minute.

People complain too much.

Mordan
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
we have to organize censorship countermeasures: this will work wonders
let's make a site where advertisers are screenshoted along with the media flagrantly censoring Ron Paul.
And we boycott their products. Look up the definition of fascism and make this international.... that will have lasting power up to November.
Organize letter writing to those advertisers with link to this site. Make them shit scared. Make Noise. We don't any other choice

Carole
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Update:

19728 donors today
4986 new donors today
25.27% new donors
$1,531,325.10 donated today 8:48PM
$2,900,135.22 total donations Quarter1 2008

Bilgefisher
01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm keeping this thread bumped. I don't care what all the freaking trolls say. Today was awesome. Its our 3rd best fund raising day. You can't break records every time people.

DFF
01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
we need to work on a weekly deal, and I think it needs to come from the campaign. That's why I liked the idea of a ron paul pay day every friday. If the Campaign sent out an email to all it's members asking for $50 dollars - and that was what was given on average , then that would be $5mill/week. Let's however say that we gave just half that, then 2.5 mill/week. 2.5 x 4 = 10 mill a month, 30 for the quarter

I think the novelty of the "money bomb" has worn thin and now a steady, weekly stream of revenue would be a better course of action to take in order to keep RP afloat.

Super Tuesday's looming around the corner so he/we don't have time on our side and can't afford to wait another month or so for a single, massive donation day.

Also, FreeAtLast has demonstrated that the tried and true "money bomb" can prove unreliable.

Going "all in" on a single day comes with a degree of risk.

$50-$25 per week however is money in the bank.

EDIT: BTW, "Tax Day" isn't until April 15th.

billyjoeallen
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
It is a great day for the Revolution! We passed Huckabee and are now in 2nd place for cash on hand! If Romney wasn't self-financing,we'd be #1.

After Florida, the other Candidates will be dropping like flies. It's looking like it will be a three way race by convention time with Dr. Paul being the kingmaker!

Kotin
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
How about a

Send a Valentine to Ron Day!

i like it because i love Dr.Paul

Doriath
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I think we did great too.

No other candidate can pull 2 mil out of their butt at the last minute.

People complain too much.

+infinity!

Xchange
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I think the novelty of the "money bomb" has worn thin and now a steady, weekly stream of revenue would be a better course of action to take in order to keep RP afloat.

Super Tuesday's looming around the corner so he/we don't have time on our side and can't afford to wait another month or so for a single, massive donation day.

Also, FreeAtLast has demonstrated that the tried and true "money bomb" can prove unreliable.

Going "all in" on a single day comes with a degree of uncertainty.

$50-$25 per week however is money in the bank.

EDIT: BTW, "Tax Day" isn't until April 15th.

I see what your saying...But we are getting new supporters everyday..
Too many it's the first time they have ever...paid attention to politics..new voters

I think speaking in unison 1 more time....would be very positve for the new supporters we gather everyday...
the novelty has not yet worn off for them..nor have some even tasted it..

I talking April...it has to have time to seed...like Tea Party...but bigger..more support...new support

And after hitting the streets,promoting,getting the word out like we have....
It would be HUGE

We should strike when the field is narrow...They will have no choice but to see Dr.Paul's message for what it is...The TRUTH

Cigaboo
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
bump

RonRules
01-21-2008, 09:11 PM
There should be a small money bomb on Feb 4, one day before SuperTuesday. Right before an election, the hopes are high and the donations will pour in.

Xchange
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Blimp

ronpauleddy
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I WILL PLEDGE 10% of my tax return!!!

TAX RETURN MONEY BOMB!!

Michigan11
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
May the wind be at our backs

DFF
01-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I WILL PLEDGE 10% of my tax return!!!

TAX RETURN MONEY BOMB!!

That's great...but tax day isn't until April 15th.

Xchange
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
but we will have time to organize....make it huge...we are in this for the long run..
We could spend ALOT of money we have for super tues...

and a 8 mil get out of jail free card would be nice in april...The mother of all bombs
not to mention all the daily $ coming in