PDA

View Full Version : FEC reporting Q4 numbers...

atthegates
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know when Q4 numbers will be released? I was so pissed when I learned that the FEC would be shutting down for most of January. Had the numbers been reported by the FEC on time, there would have been significant media coverage of RP heading into Iowa and NH, and it could have allowed us to do better.

If people learn that RP raised more money than all the republican candidates in the fourth quarter, and as much as hillary and obama, it would spark a lot more interest in him. That's why I'm hoping for the numbers to be released soon and hopefully covered by the media so more people will learn about RP going into Florida and Super Tuesday.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
January 31st

stevedasbach
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
The reports are filed electronically and appear within minutes of being uploaded. The FEC doesn't have to take action to cause them to appear online.

devil21
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Jan 31 is the deadline to file and Im sure most of the candidates are waiting until the last minute so that fundraising numbers don't affect Super Tuesday much.

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
i think Ron Paul will very unfortunately get trounced by McCain on the amount from military members and vets--and maybe not just by McCain, but many other Republican candidates. I base this on a couple facts:
1. those 100 retired generals and admirals that endorsed him probably donated at least, on average, $1000 a piece. There's $100,000.
2. Plus, I can guarantee McCain did not like Ron Paul slapping him in the face with the "most money from military members" stuff after McCain compared Ron Paul to Neville Chamberlain at the Youtube debate. Combine this with the fact that McCain has huge, beltway-type organization, you know they worked to not allow that to happen again. Just look at McCain's website where it lists all the vets and veterans organizations that have endorsed him. And they don't only endorse him, they are working for him in many different regions, with Vets for McCain, VFW for McCain, etc. We have nothing that can come close to that kind of organization and planning regarding vets and military members.

Mystile
01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
i think Ron Paul will very unfortunately get trounced by McCain on the amount from military members and vets--and maybe not just by McCain, but many other Republican candidates. I base this on a couple facts:
1. those 100 retired generals and admirals that endorsed him probably donated at least, on average, $1000 a piece. There's $100,000.
2. Plus, I can guarantee McCain did not like Ron Paul slapping him in the face with the "most money from military members" stuff after McCain compared Ron Paul to Neville Chamberlain at the Youtube debate. Combine this with the fact that McCain has huge, beltway-type organization, you know they worked to not allow that to happen again. Just look at McCain's website where it lists all the vets and veterans organizations that have endorsed him. And they don't only endorse him, they are working for him in many different regions, with Vets for McCain, VFW for McCain, etc. We have nothing that can come close to that kind of organization and planning regarding vets and military members.

bah, that's irrelevant. Ron Paul leads in donations from VETERANS and ACTIVE DUTY military personnel, rather than the high-ranking generals and officers McCain gets endorsed by.

virgil47
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Mystile, I'm sorry but I must disagree with you. Even though many or even perhaps most of the Vets and active duty have donated to RP they are not represented by a national organization. Without that representation the only proof that we have about thier donations is what we tell the public. McCain can smile and nod and then point out all of the military organizations that not only endorse him but are waving old glory in his support. We NEED some of the retired G.I. organizations to give us thier support. We very well may get the vote of the Vets and active duty but we won't get any national attention and that's what we need.