PDA

View Full Version : Would this be legal? RP 2012?

AUwarrior
01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
First of all I want to say that I am still 100% "all in" for this election and I believe we are in this thing till the end- NO SURRENDER! Ive been following and supporting Ron Paul since I saw one of the early summer debates back in May or June. Im usually more of a reader than a poster but I had to set up an account and post this idea I have because I havent heard anyone else mention this yet.

In the unfortunate event that Dr. Paul does not win the US Presidential election this year it will almost undoubtedly be because the mass media in most cases either blacked us out all together or negatively spun our message. Even though at times it feels like the playing field is not level, we the people found many resourceful ways to raise funds and spread the message of freedom. However, at times the amount of people we are able to reach with our message comes up short when compared to the massive influence of the mass media. Even so, with that being said how many times have you thought to yourself, "If only we had more time"? Time is all we need my friends. The people will support Dr Pauls message, many just need to hear more and hear it without spin. It's for that very reason that I propose that in the event that we don't win this election we start campaigning for Ron Paul 2012.

If we started in January 2009 that would give us 24 months until January 2011 which is about when campaigning should start for that election. My primary concern is whether or not it is legal to recieve campaign donations that far in advance. The possibilities are insane. One idea is to have a 24 month long money bomb. Getting 100,000 people to sign up for an automatic monthly donation of $15 would even be scratching the surface of the potential. Initially there would be less than 100,000 people of course but later on we would break 100,000 people so just to toss around some figures I will assume that over the 24 month period the average is 100,000 people per month at $15 per month. That's $1.5 million per month, times 24 months would give Dr Paul about $36 million to start off with. That kind of fat cash is how you beat media blackouts and negative spin. And to top it all off we could without a doubt fill each and every precinct leader position if we had 24+ months to do it.

Of course who knows if Dr. Paul would want to run again but with that kind of a head start I doubt he could say no. Let me know if something like this is legal and what your opinions of something like this are.

hueylong
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Stop These Threads.

anarchy
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I love the idea and potential it has!

Xonox
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
He'd be 76 by 2012... I don't think he should run again... but if he dosen't get elected this time around we can sure be on look out for the next candidate.

hueylong
01-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Dr. Paul isn't running in 4 years. He would be 76.

Sure -- you can start raising money the day after the election. For a candidate, for a PAC -- whatever...

But people won't be paying attention for at least a year, usually 2.

Waste of time post.

nodope0695
01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Rand Paul could run in 2012

UtahApocalypse
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM

+1 This could be a intriguing thought

mconder
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM

+1