PDA

View Full Version : Settling for a $2 million day is defeat

dircha
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Saying that a $2 million day is OK is settling for defeat.

Early in January the campaign told us that they projected we would need to raise and spend an additional $23 million to raise and spend toward the 22 states on Super Tuesday in order to overcome the deficits of name recognition and media coverage that we face in those states.

If we fail to do this, if we fail to raise the money to get this message out in these states, we face defaulting to 5-10% showings in these 22 states on Super Tuesday, bringing an end to Congressman Paul's run for the GOP nomination.

We are rapidly approaching the threshold where it will be too late to buy advertising time before February 5th in these 22 states even if we raise the money.

There have been rumors that there is a billionaire willing to finance Congressman Paul's run. What BS that is. If it were true, he or she would be financing ad time now. Because it will not matter after February 5th.

m72mc
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Total raised first month of last quarter was 2, 345, 000. (30 days)

Total raised so far this month = 2, 600, 000 ++ and rising (21 days)

Keep it up DONATE AND CALL EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Btw the billionaire crap is just to derail the campaign, itīs not even hard to figure out.

dkim68
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
As a survivial tactic I think Ron Paul should cut spending within his own campaign. I'd consider letting some of his paid staff go and hire from the Grassroots pool of volunteers who would gladly work for him for a lot less. As well as being more motivated and (perhaps) more trustworthy.

A. Havnes
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
You mean people believe the billionaire story?

Galileo Galilei
01-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Early in January the campaign told us that they projected we would need to raise and spend an additional $23 million to raise and spend toward the 22 states on Super Tuesday in order to overcome the deficits of name recognition and media coverage that we face in those states.

If we fail to do this, if we fail to raise the money to get this message out in these states, we face defaulting to 5-10% showings in these 22 states on Super Tuesday, bringing an end to Congressman Paul's run for the GOP nomination.

We are rapidly approaching the threshold where it will be too late to buy advertising time before February 5th in these 22 states even if we raise the money.

There have been rumors that there is a billionaire willing to finance Congressman Paul's run. What BS that is. If it were true, he or she would be financing ad time now. Because it will not matter after February 5th.

That's baloney, it is a great victory. None of the other candidates can raise $2 million in one day, not even the democrats.

dkim68
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Btw the billionaire crap is just to derail the campaign, itīs not even hard to figure out.

You mean people believe the billionaire story?
That's what I've been saying all along. It plants a false sense of security in people's minds which has the effect of wanting to withhold on more generous donation amounts. I didn't fall for it and donated the full $2300. And I'll never regret it!!

Xonox
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
lol I bet 2 million is more than most candidates have raised so far this quarter, much less in a single day! Perhaps not a record, but nobody else can even top a 500k money bomb. 2 million is far from a defeat.

mokkan88
01-21-2008, 05:46 PM

No, it's not. $2 million is a good day. The campaign set its sights too high. It failed to take into account the fact that most of people who could afford to max out did so on December 16th, and those people would not be donating today. It's only natural that the further along we go, the less money these bombs will be able to generate. We rely more on first-time donors with each new event.

AisA1787
01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
$2 million is a hell of a lot of money! $4.2 and $6 million were amazing, but $2 million is fantastic. It's not defeat. I think people are still wondering how much it will take to get Old Media to notice and report favorably. The answer is.... $1 billion. Ain't gonna happen folks.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 05:51 PM
No, it's not. $2 million is a good day. The campaign set its sights too high. It failed to take into account the fact that most of people who could afford to max out did so on December 16th, and those people would not be donating today. It's only natural that the further along we go, the less money these bombs will be able to generate. We rely more on first-time donors with each new event.It wasn't "the campaign" which decided on this fundraiser. It was the grassroots. The last thing we need is our own supporters spreading disinfo.

rpfreedom08
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
wasn't it McCain who raised 1 million witch was the most ever raised online by any candidate? And we will beat that 3 times in one election cycle? I don't see that as anything close to a defeat.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Considering that Ron has gotten raped in these primaries, it's a great number!

Sheesh.

JordanQ72
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Total raised first month of last quarter was 2, 345, 000. (30 days)

Total raised so far this month = 2, 600, 000 ++ and rising (21 days)

That's a bit disingenuous. This entire election is basically going to be decided in 15 days from now. Last October didn't mean anything or lead in to anything.

MattMinnesota
01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
What are you talking about!? 2 Million is great! We have had way more donations than pledges and a lot of new donors as well. I don't think we will get much higher than 2 million unless we get a real surge here at the end, but I consider today a great success.

werdd
01-21-2008, 06:14 PM
That's what I've been saying all along. It plants a false sense of security in people's minds which has the effect of wanting to withhold on more generous donation amounts. I didn't fall for it and donated the full $2300. And I'll never regret it!!

+97898798798797898798798709870987098709

arbnranger
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM

Defeat? What world are you living in?

bulloncoins
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
If two million isn't good enough in one day, then.....

Maybe the "campaign" needs to do more fundraising of their own.

thexjib
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
$2 million is a hell of a lot of money! $4.2 and $6 million were amazing, but $2 million is fantastic. It's not defeat. I think people are still wondering how much it will take to get Old Media to notice and report favorably. The answer is.... $1 billion. Ain't gonna happen folks.

word:cool:

TruckinMike
01-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Settling for a $2 million day is defeat

Hogwash! What did you want for a money bomb that half the folks were not behind? Lets not mention the fact that this bomb wasn't even marketed. It never caught on with the revolution. The only reason we are getting this much is because RP mentioned it on TV. Period.

This MONEY BOMB is a Success!

TMike

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Yes, you are right.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
That's a bit disingenuous. This entire election is basically going to be decided in 15 days from now. Last October didn't mean anything or lead in to anything.

Yep.

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I was posting the following days and days ago. People are ignorant:

"I think we should definitely not think of this in the same way we thought of the nov 5 and dec 16 money bombs. This started as a small-amount fundraiser, even as little as $10 per person if that's all we could afford--trying to get as many donors as possible was the goal--not a record shattering amount. Even a million dollars would be wonderful for the campaign and for morale. Even more important of a number will be the # of donors and # of new donors."

justatrey
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
lol I bet 2 million is more than most candidates have raised so far this quarter, much less in a single day! Perhaps not a record, but nobody else can even top a 500k money bomb. 2 million is far from a defeat.

QFT. This thread is a joke.

fmontez
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I think people are confused about how much money Ron Paul needs, he needed that 23 prior to Feb 5th. We needed to raise about $1 mil a day, todays MLK bomb is about what we should be raising every single day...

People on here complain about the media blackout, I don't believe there is one, but if you do believe that then you should understand that Ron Paul will need a lot more money than your typical GOP candidate.

rich34
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
People, it is what it is. Is it better to spin it negative or positive?? Positive usually has the better outcome. Lets also put this in perspective. Huckabee had a money bomb a couple days ago and couldn't even raise 100,000 much less a million. The campaign really needs to use all their resources on Super Tuesday. Win a couple states (Alaska, Montana?) and have a money bomb sometime after Feb. 5th and then we'll refuel the campaign.

CaliforniaGold
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I could never consider the word defeat with what has been happening in this country.

This is an awakening! This is history in the making!

This is amazing!

Mordan
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
2 billions is fine... The destination is not what matters, walking the path will make us happy. Keep faith!

anyway Ron Paul has to get OUT the vote. Never lose hope! We are a team and we are for the Long Haul.
We have to make noise, as much noise as possible. all over the place and THAT until the convention. We have to FIGHT for every single primary! Until the convention! And get out the message. We shall not falter. We shall not fall to despair! Hope shines in our hearts and that will keep us going until November! Because we believe in our strength. Quoting Goldwater, extremism in defense of liberty is no vice! We believe in Liberty, in Freedom! We can see today, now, in front of our very eyes, truth manipulated, our rights trampled on. I showed NYT to my family and outraged, disgusted! It is our moral responsability to continue on, and on and on. People will notice our commitment! And Hopefully truth will prevail and prosperity and freedom restored!!!! Revolution! Defend Your Rights ! Restoration of Constitution!!!

CitizenPlain
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Whatever we are each able to give is a great investment in our future.

I will give more on a regular basis as I can, because the money won't

do me much good if we lose our constitution and freedoms.

I'll gladly except the no income tax idea, but what really gets me

excited is the prospect of stopping the wasteful spending in foreign

countries. Foreign aid should be a volentary for each of us.

Of course no President has the right to kill people of other countries

in my name with my tax dollars, without a Constitutional declaration

of war.

RonRules
01-21-2008, 07:41 PM
As a survivial tactic I think Ron Paul should cut spending within his own campaign. I'd consider letting some of his paid staff go and hire from the Grassroots pool of volunteers who would gladly work for him for a lot less. As well as being more motivated and (perhaps) more trustworthy.

The only fault I have about Ron Paul is that he's pretty bad at picking staff and delegating properly.

1) His newsletter staff was obviously running amok and destroying his reputation.

2) That last campaign manager Dondero (aka Rittberg) had to be fired.

3) The current HQ staff is already bloated and totally ineffective. My meetup managers do a much better job. Look at all the people running the campaign on the main site.

Hope we find a very assertive VP with good management skills.

stevedasbach
01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
No, it's not. $2 million is a good day. The campaign set its sights too high. It failed to take into account the fact that most of people who could afford to max out did so on December 16th, and those people would not be donating today. It's only natural that the further along we go, the less money these bombs will be able to generate. We rely more on first-time donors with each new event.

If the campaign wants to open up the donation floodgates, they need to be more specific about how they plan to spend the money and what they expect to achieve if they get it. Otherwise, people assume they'll get more of what they've been getting (4th-5th place finishes).

For example, if the campaign put a powerful ad on national TV and asked for money to saturate the airwaves with it from now through Super Tuesday and beyond, the money to broadcast it would pour in.

Taco John
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM

Youshould educate yourself on the campaign before you make defeatist statements that are wrong. Dr. Paul has said that the campaign has enough money to battle for Feb 5th states. Money coming in right now is for post-Feb 5th states.

Wolverine
01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
That's baloney, it is a great victory. None of the other candidates can raise $2 million in one day, not even the democrats.

they don't need to
they get ample free media coverage

Travis B
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
i donated... it felt so liberating

OptionsTrader
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM

Before spouting off negativity, how much money did you contribute and how much did you get others to contribute and how many houses did you canvass since December 16?

This thread title is bullshit and pissed me off.

Off to call my trading budies and tell them to donate more with the money I made them in the past 6 months.

What are you going to do instead of fucking complain ?

Carole
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Not at all. $2 million dollars in mid-January in this economy is huge. :)

Carole
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Huckabee is dropping traveling press corps starting Tuesday. Citing a change in strategy as the reason. LOL

(He is broke). :D

The press corp learned of it in a blog-not from Huckabee.