PDA

View Full Version : new to RPF so here is my first post

epro
01-21-2008, 05:01 PM
While new to Ron Paul Forums, I am not new to the campaign to get the good Dr. elected.

I have been a member of Daily Paul.com since Early October. I run Meetup 880 in Maquketa Iowa. I would like my first post on RPF to be the post I put out on DP the night of the Iowa Caucus. The campaign has started the precinct captain push on their web site and I believe is an important tool to get the vote out for Ron Paul.

I come here to RPF only because I find this format more conducive to filtering out the content I choose to be important for me to formulate strategy and make my efforts in helping Dr Paul improve in the vote totals. This is important on several levels going forward and will play a roll in November when Dr Paul wins the republican nomination.....or in what ever party or non party he is as a candidate.

I expect there have been other Grass Roots suporters that have similar posts on RPF that had the same experience and I hope it will validate the most key activities we all can be doing to Help Dr paul become President Paul. And that is Own your precinct. Even though we are much further along We The Patriots need to keep looking forward and win any battle we can and that means win your precinct, if everyone wins their precinct we win the state and the delagates

---------------------------- link to actual post if you care to read the comments------
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/20365
----------------------------
OK Something just does not Jibe

Posted January 4th, 2008 by epro

I just came back an hr ago from the Caucus and here is our Caucus location Vote Totals. I think the McCain and Thompson thing is bunk based on our representative example

Here is the total for 7 precincts in Jackson County that participated at my caucus location.

Guliani got 10 vote total
Huckabee got 84 votes total
Hunter Got 4 votes total
Keys got 0
McCain got 18 votes total
Ron Paul got 41 votes total
Romney got 73 votes total
and Thompson got 8 votes total

I recorded each precinct total and called them in. Photos were taken as well and I know at another caucus location in Jackson County, Ron came in 3rd. He was only 8 vote shy of second.
I cant believe our representative example is that different than the rest of the state :(

Anyway - I was just watching Iowa Public Television and the Commentators just destroyed Huckabee saying that he has no support like he had here going forward.

I will tell you this.... you better get ahold of the christian voter because a pastor spoke for huckabee and had a huge turn out.

BTW my precinct smoked the competition
Ron 17
Guliani 2
Huck 2
Hunter 2
McCain 1
Romney 6
Thonpson 1
Keyes 0

So quit freaking out and get out there and share Ron Paul. My precinct had the largest vote total for Ron Paul because that was my direct area of influence.

We need more boots on the ground just talking to people and sharing the videos, thats how my precinct table was filled with over half Ron Paul Supporters. we had 31 attendies for precint 5 and 17 were for our guy. Money is great, handing out flyers is great, but nothing beats face to face heart to heart conversations. We only had 16 supporters up till 5:30. I got the 17th and almost got his wife (hillary supporter) the 18th to come after I read my speach supporting Ron Paul just a half hr before leaving for the Caucus.

Use tonight as a basis to strengthen your resolve and be heartened that this is not the end just the beginning

epro

tomveil
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the boards, thanks for your hard work! We'll make you proud :)

Ara825
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the Ron Paul forums epro.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Welcome!!!

extrmmxer
01-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Welcome and thanks for your hard work.

Deborah K
01-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Welcome Epro and thank you for all that you do.

RobS
01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
The precinct captain program can't be overstated. We have seen it time and time again, where those precincts that have a captain get much better results.

DAFTEK
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome :) I also posted the RPF on the Dubuque Meetup also but im not sure if any signed up so far...

epro
01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I have not missed a donation event yet.

I have had a plan to Donate 100.00 per month till I am maxed, that should put me out of the money by mid summer counting Ron Paul Store purchases. Thats all the budget will allow per month.

I did not officially make the pledge this time on the MLK web site so hopefully this will go towards a larger total than they expect.

constituent
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
i'd say welcome, but everybody else seems to have covered it pretty well...

so, just to help you get acquainted w/ the way things operate around here, i'll simply say this:

RAAAAAAAAABLE!!!!!!

olehounddog
01-21-2008, 05:39 PM
welcome

Mark
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome epro and Great first post! Good work out there!!