PDA

View Full Version : We need a Libertarian Colbert-type person

Psych0t
01-21-2008, 04:16 PM
As I've said before a few times on this forum, instead of libertarian principals being available for the general public to view or criticize, it's hidden. Even Paul wrote something important about the internet, and how it was very difficult to find books to help him base his libertarian beliefs. There needs to be either a libertarian media network or more figures out there in order for the movement to be more successful; if not now then in the future.

Psych0t
01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
bump for fair and balanced.

AlexMerced
01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
We need a channel dedicated to covering 3 parties, I think there's market that someone could make a lot of money on such a channel

constituent
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
i wouldn't expect colbert to come out on dr. paul's side...

seeing as dr. paul could clearly not care any less about wrist awareness...

what kinda doctor thinks people should go around injuring their wrists anyway?

if i didn't know better, i'd think he accepted medicare... sheesh.

Psych0t
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
There IS a market for libertarians, it's just the media accepts the dogmatic views generated by the media telling us that we must vote left or right, and there is no up or down.

On some other forum, someone I replied to couldn't differentiate between liberal and libertarian, saying that they were the same things.

skinnyskittles1989
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
www.mises.org is pretty helpful

Psych0t
01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
i wouldn't expect colbert to come out on dr. paul's side...

seeing as dr. paul could clearly not care any less about wrist awareness...

what kinda doctor thinks people should go around injuring their wrists anyway?

if i didn't know better, i'd think he accepted medicare... sheesh.

I said "Colbert-type," meaning someone who does what he does but with the beliefs of a libertarian. I would strongly suggest the grassroots forming their own mass media outlet, but this idea is way far-fetched. It would take some real dedication to get something like this going.