PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Ron Paul: Defending Liberty - San Antonio style

Bryan
07-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Video excerpts from the "Ron Paul 'Defending Liberty' Fundraiser & Rally" on July 28, 2007 in San Antonio Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAug46Rd_Bc

JoshLowry
07-30-2007, 12:33 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Politics? Fun? Really?

What a great time!

Bryan
07-30-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Politics? Fun? Really?

What a great time!
Exactly- as another Dr. Paul supporter told me, saving the country should be fun!

LibertyOrDie
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Great footage!!! Another winner!

WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!

JimiDollar
07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I arrived at the Cavalry Museum about 4:00 yesterday. The temperature was very high in downtown San Antonio, but so was the anticipation for the arrival of Ron Paul. I was impressed by the number of people wearing Ron Paul shirts. Most of the shirts were of different styles and they surely grabbed the attention of people passing by the rally. There were also many different signs. A lot of homemade signs could be seen such as the Ron Paul Revolution sign.

I was most impressed by the number of supporters that were squeezed into a small area. There were people of different races, political affiliations, backgrounds and economic standing all coming together for one common goal. People of all ages coming together not for the rights of a group but for individual liberty.

There was a band from Austin providing the crowd with entertainment while the anticipation climbed. Dr. Paul was due to arrive at 5:15. Some people were handing out pamphlets and information. Others were just chatting with others supporters. Everyone was very friendly. I talked to some people from San Marcos who were happy to hear that someone from Paul's district had come up to show support. I told them that I also had some friends who were driving up from Victoria to attend the fundraiser. I talked to a few more people and I bought a Ron Paul Revolution shirt at one of the tables.

The man of the hour arrived at the rally around 5:10. He received some very loud applause and chants of "Ron Paul!" moved through the air. The people flocked to Dr. Paul like he was a rockstar or a proffessional athlete. He shook as many hands as possible while moving towards the small stage that was set up for him.

Dr. Paul delivered a short but powerful speech covering the usual topics. He spoke about getting the troops out of Iraq, runaway spending, big government, following the Constitution, getting out of the UN and putting a stop to the proposed North American Union.

Huge applause followed every point made by Dr. Paul. I was able to snap off a few pictures of him while giving the speech. After the speech he slowly moved through the crowd while talking to people and shaking hands. I was extremely happy to be able to shake the hand of our future president.

The man and the crowd made the short trek over to the Alamo for a press conference. I was not able to make it over there because I had to go back to the hotel to change clothes and pick up Jayme so we could get to the fundraiser on time.

We made it to the Buckhorn Museum about 6:45. The place was packed already. We walked upstairs and got something to drink while trying to find a seat. We couldn't find any. We walked around a little bit. I finally spotted some of my friends from Victoria who are all long time supporters of Dr. Paul and all members of JBS. We talked for a litlle bit and then we went back outside so Jayme could smoke. We went back upstairs later for the auction. People were still sitting around eating and talking. We were able to find a seat this time. There was an announcement telling people where to go to get a picture taken with Ron. I couldn't pass up the chance to get a picture taken with the future president.

The line for the picture moved fairly quickly. You would think that you might be nervous getting your picture taken with a presidential candidate, but I didn't feel that way at all. Dr. Paul was just like he seems in the videos. He was very kind and he seems to have a very small ego. I don't think you can say that about most presidential candidates.

I went back and watched the very entertaining auction with my wife. It was fun to watch people spend money for a good cause. I believe an old rifle that was signed by Dr. Paul pulled in over 2,000 dollars. A signed copy of the Constitution pulled in 4,000 dollars.

After the auction the crowd moved downstairs to hear Ron's speech. It was a great speech. I'll post it if it ends up on youtube. He expanded on the topics he spoke about earlier in the day. He talked about the growth of the freedom movement and he welcomed us to the revolution. He spoke passionately about bringing the troops home and getting the government out of our lives. He spoke about the fiscal crises that we are facing and the need to get rid of the IRS and the Federal Reserve. That got a huge roar from the crowd. The crowd also loved it when he spoke out against the NAFTA superhighway and the NAU.

In all it was a great event and it gave me hope for this country as well as for the people who live in it. I bet everyone felt even more proud to be an American. The message of true liberty marches on...

THOMAS IN LC
07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Great vid. i was there and i had a great time. the walk from the alamo to the museum was my favorite part along with when we all sang the anthem together.

constituent
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I took in the sites, blended in. I had a few places to be around downtown that day so I just kinda bounced back and forth, not suprised but certainly pleased.

MozoVote
07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
If You Google Ron Paul....
If You Google Ron Paul....

:D

(dodging fruit)