PDA

View Full Version : Rules and Caucus sites

freelance
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM
WATCH FOR LAST-MINUTE CHANGES!

http://www.lagop.com/

Louisiana Republicans Set to Head to Caucuses on Tuesday Night
January 22, 2008

Louisiana's Republican voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, January 22nd at 11 different caucus sites to cast their ballots for delegates and alternate delegates to the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Voters will cast ballots from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm that evening.

"We're excited about the upcoming caucuses,"" Villere said. "I believe this system will allow Louisiana Republicans to have a strong impact on the election of the next President of the United States."

The state convention will choose the bulk of Louisiana's delegates to the 2008 Republican National Convention. Louisiana will have a total of 47 delegates and 44 alternates to the national convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Three of Louisiana's delegate spots are already decided. Under RNC Rules, Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr., National Committeeman Ross Little, Jr. and National Committeewoman Hon. Kay Kellogg Katz serve as automatic national convention delegates. State Convention delegates will choose the remaining 44 national delegates and alternates and will adopt an official platform for the Republican Party of Louisiana.

The following cities will host the caucuses: Bossier City, Natchitoches, Monroe, Pineville, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Houma, Kenner, New Orleans and Covington. Voters will be assigned to caucus sites based on the parish where they are registered to vote. The listing of the caucus sites with the assigned parishes is at the end of this release.

Fifteen delegates and fifteen alternates to the state convention will be elected from each congressional district. Republican voters are eligible to vote in the congressional district where they were registered on November 30, 2007. In order to participate, voters must present a drivers license or valid photo I.D.

The state convention will be held at 10:00 am on February 16, 2008 at the Old State Capitol in Baton Rouge. All of Louisiana's 2008 national convention delegates will be uncommitted, except that if a presidential candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote in the February 9, 2008 Presidential Preference Primary, state party rules require 20 of Louisiana's at-large delegates to support that candidate on the first ballot of the national convention. If no presidential candidate receives a majority on February 9th, the at-large delegates will be uncommitted.
2008 LAGOP Caucus Site Information

* Bossier City
* CenturyTel Center
* 2000 CenturyTel Center Drive
* Bossier City, LA 71112
* Room: Concourse Level
* Parishes: Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Claiborne, Bienville, De Soto, Red River

* Monroe/West Monroe
* West Monroe Convention Center
* 901 Ridge Avenue
* West Monroe, LA 71291
* Room: East Conference Hall
* Parishes: Union, Morehouse, West Carroll, East Carroll, Madison, Tensas, Franklin, Caldwell, Jackson, Lincoln, Ouachita, Richland

* Alexandria/Pineville
* Walden Gym at Louisiana College
* 1140 College Drive
* Pineville, LA 71360
* Parishes: Rapides, Vernon, Avoyelles, Concordia, Catahoula, La Salle, Grant

* Lake Charles
* Central School Arts and Humanities Center
* 809 Kirby St. #102
* Lake Charles, LA 70601
* Room: Auditorium/Theater
* Parishes: Beauregard, Allen, Jefferson Davis, Calcasieu, Cameron

* Lafayette
* Family Church
* 223 Stone St
* Lafayette, LA 70507
* Room: Auditorium (Main Church Building)
* Parishes: Evangeline, St. Landry, Vermillion, Acadia, Lafayette, St. Martin, Iberia

* Baton Rouge
* Jefferson Baptist Church
* 9135 Jefferson Hwy
* Baton Rouge, LA 70809
* Room: Activities Building
* Parishes: St. Helena, Livingston, W. Feliciana, E. Feliciana, Point Coupee, E. Baton Rouge, W. Baton Rouge, Iberville, Ascension

* Kenner
* Pontchartrain Center
* 4545 Williams Blvd.
* Kenner, LA 70065
* Room: Meeting Rooms I-III (Rivertown Rooms)
* Parishes: Jefferson, St. Charles, St. John, St. James

* New Orleans
* Morial Convention Center
* 900 Convention Center Blvd.
* New Orleans, LA 70130
* Room: Hall I2
* Parishes: Orleans, St. Bernard, Plaquemines

* Covington
* Holiday Inn
* 501 N. Hwy 190
* Covington, LA 70433
* Room: Pontchartrain Room
* Parishes: St. Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa

* Houma
* Houma Municipal Auditorium
* 880 Verret St.
* Houma, LA 70360
* Parishes: Terrebonne, Lafourche, Assumption, St. Mary

* Natchitoches
* Natchitoches Events Center
* 750 2nd St
* Natchitoches, LA 71457
* Room: Meeting Rooms I-III
* Parishes: Sabine, Natchitoches, Winn

Willis4RP
01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
i've heard that only people running for delegate are allowed to vote in the caucus, is there any truth to that? i'm registered Republican, but i'm not running as a delegate. if you have any info, i'd appreciate it.

nikolai
01-21-2008, 04:38 PM
If you are were a registered republican on Nov 30th, 2007, you are allowed to vote.