PDA

View Full Version : Everyone does realize that every other campaign is broke!?!?!?

dante
01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
And that as such only Dr. Paul will be able to compete in every state!

What does this mean for us? Exactly what we saw in NV. Where only we and Romney competed. For Super Tuesday each of the candidates will go to the few states where they are strong. Rudy- the northeast, Huckabee the south, McCain out west, and Romney out west and Massachusetts.

Ron Paul on the other hand will be everywhere. Picking up 2nds in many states... pulling out a win in a couple others... but most importantly picking up some delegates and some steam. RP is the only candidate with broad-based support across the entire nation and this will show after Feb 5th.

But this will only happen if we donate AND become precinct leaders. Not one or the other but both!

This is our last great chance for liberty... and frankly I'm scared. I'm scared for the future of this country if our ideas don't get out there and into the mainstream. Remember what happened after the last great depression? Government programs and control out the wazoo... oh and WWII.

This is a 50 state primary going down to the wire. Let's be there at the finish line

Let us not say that we sat idly by and did nothing! Just think of how sick you will feel as the country falls to pieces, as our last shred of liberty is trounced upon, and you think back upon what else you could have done to stop it. Let us march forward with a clear conscience that every single one of us put forth 1776% financially and with our time to once again let freedom ring in this great country!!!!

gerryb
01-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Ron Paul does not have enough money to compete, either.

BUT, he does have us. Become a Precinct Leader ASAP!

WilliamC
It sure would be nice if some sort of deep pockets supporter outside the campaign would start running attack adds on McCain, Romney, and Huckabee.

Too much to hope for I guess.

BeFranklin
Crap. The other campaigns have the media on their side. That is why they made super tuesday the way it is. It gives the media all the power this election. Its never been like this before.

hueylong
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes. We realize that the other campaigns are broke. That's why we need to raise as much as possible, to press our advantage on Super Tuesday.

Redcard
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
The other campaigns aren't broke. Where do you all hear this from?

Eponym_mi
01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't believe it until the FEC reports come out.;)

Rahl
01-21-2008, 03:18 PM
even if they were broke, the free msm coverage they received so far is worth alot.

dante
01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
The other campaigns aren't broke. Where do you all hear this from?

Guiliani had only $7 million on hand at the end of December... and he isn't paying his staff and was on pace to burn through all his money by florida. He has no money to spend in other states at all.

Huckabee has only raised $2-3 million this quarter and its well known / been in the media several times that he is spending it as fast as it comes in.

Thompson is about to drop out/ never raised a ton of money to begin with and has had no 2nd or first place finishes to bring in more money.

McCain has by all accounts raised about $6 million after NH but it has dried back up since then... and he has been burning through it quickly in SC and now FL.

Romney is also out of cash except for his own. He had to do another one day fundraising telethon... which netted him $5 million BUT $3.5 million of that is only allowed to be used in the general election. Translation he has used up his rich friend donor base and has little cash left.

Ron Paul started the year with $8 million on hand.. And about $8 million more he had spent purchasing Feb. 5th airtime. Nothing else make sense in terms or reports coming in on how much money he has spent in every state. Plus as of right now he has raised another $2.5 million for this quarter.

To Sum up... if we fund our man he will be able to blow everyone else out of the water in radio, tv, and direct mail in every single super tuesday state. Most campaigns will only be able to compete in a handful of the states.

In short we have the most money

Redcard
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I think you're going to be quite outraged when the FEC reports come out.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Give your set of numbers.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
even if they were broke, the free msm coverage they received so far is worth alot.

I've sure not done any type of analysis, but it must be 10s of millions per day in free coverage, even for Fred.

hawkeyenick
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM

how would you know?

kaleidoscope eyes
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Don't believe it until the FEC reports come out.;)
when DO they come out?

Redcard
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
how would you know?

I have a friend working in the Huck campaign. Not like "Ghemminger" level, but more or less at a local level (think a small town in Arkansas). They're opening offices everywhere and are seeing a bunch of media blitzes about to come through. Further, they've been told to be ready for a bunch of Romney ads and McCain ads that will be running really close to their ads.

Redcard
01-21-2008, 03:33 PM
when DO they come out?

January 31 is when they're due. They'll be up almost instantly on the website www.fec.gov , and within a few days if you check via phone.

2young2vote
01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I am sorry to say that i think it does not really matter. They will SPEND AND SPEND AND SPEND AND SPEND just like they will do as president. They will go into debt AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE until they win just like they will as president. Money is no issue to these people (hillary, obama, Romney). You do realize that Romney was in debt in the 3rd quarter too don't you? he is still here isn't he? Every other commercial i saw on TV before the primary here in michigan was Romney and McVain. I also saw TONS AND TONS of Huckabee comercials and supposedly we are dominating him financially... how does he get those commercials without tons of money?

RonRules
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
It's time Ron Paul get small businesses to back him up. A lot of us have certainly done our part and I don't really want to see large business donations, like GE, Lockheed, J &J.

Small businesses will have most to gain from a Ron Paul presidency. It's time they chip in.

BTW, check out the donors for Hillary & Obama. Starts with Goldman Sachs at the top for both of them and the list is mostly large NY financiers.

Both Hillary & Obama have raised $100 mil, mostly from large donors. We have our work cut out for us.

nascar
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
http://echo.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroids/goldstone_asteroid_schedule.html

Info on UT24

mysticgeek
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't know about everyone else out there ... but I am on a budget and certainly donate what I can ... when I can ... I doubt I can afford to "max out". However, I am curious what the celebrities for RP give. Also, what can we do to get them to draw more attention through their celebrity to the campaign? http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements

mysticgeek
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
It's time Ron Paul get small businesses to back him up. A lot of us have certainly done our part and I don't really want to see large business donations, like GE, Lockheed, J &J.

Small businesses will have most to gain from a Ron Paul presidency. It's time they chip in.

BTW, check out the donors for Hillary & Obama. Starts with Goldman Sachs at the top for both of them and the list is mostly large NY financiers.

Both Hillary & Obama have raised $100 mil, mostly from large donors. We have our work cut out for us.

Very Very good point! What kind of information is out there on this?

nascar
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread328087/pg1

Very good info.

Redcard
http://echo.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroids/goldstone_asteroid_schedule.html

Info on UT24

It's not happening.

More info on TU24

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/removed.html

bschwand
01-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree....Guys, after Feb 5 there are not going to be many delegates left. We need votes ! money is good but let's face it the campaign will never have enough money to blanket the country with RP ads. Canvassing and convincing people to vote for Ron Paul is the best.

Otherwise, I hear that local advertising is good, however the campaign obviously can not do local advertising everywhere. Again, up to the supporter to do it.

And that as such only Dr. Paul will be able to compete in every state!

What does this mean for us? Exactly what we saw in NV. Where only we and Romney competed. For Super Tuesday each of the candidates will go to the few states where they are strong. Rudy- the northeast, Huckabee the south, McCain out west, and Romney out west and Massachusetts.

Ron Paul on the other hand will be everywhere. Picking up 2nds in many states... pulling out a win in a couple others... but most importantly picking up some delegates and some steam. RP is the only candidate with broad-based support across the entire nation and this will show after Feb 5th.

But this will only happen if we donate AND become precinct leaders. Not one or the other but both!

This is our last great chance for liberty... and frankly I'm scared. I'm scared for the future of this country if our ideas don't get out there and into the mainstream. Remember what happened after the last great depression? Government programs and control out the wazoo... oh and WWII.

This is a 50 state primary going down to the wire. Let's be there at the finish line

Let us not say that we sat idly by and did nothing! Just think of how sick you will feel as the country falls to pieces, as our last shred of liberty is trounced upon, and you think back upon what else you could have done to stop it. Let us march forward with a clear conscience that every single one of us put forth 1776% financially and with our time to once again let freedom ring in this great country!!!!

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Pure crap. If we raise 23 million, we can run ads nationally. If we do not raise 23 million, every other neocon candidate will get the equivalent of free national advertising by the media.