PDA

View Full Version : Strategy to keep the momentum going

peacemonger
01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
This evening, when we cross the 4 million total mark (around midnight) EST, we need another announcement from HQ, Tea Party, Nov5th, and Freeatlast, meetup organizers, friends and family.

We need to tell everybody that the campaign desperately needs cash to win and that the MLK money bomb was slow in building momentum due to the media blackout. Email should say something like,

"Because of the slow building momentum, We, the grassroots, have decided to extend this money bomb until midnight Pacific-time Tuesday January 22nd. Please redouble your efforts at this critical time in our American History. If you have donated before, please give now again at this critically important moment. Our strategy is working, and victory is at hand. This is an epic battle against tyranny and we are on the cusp of an upheaval so great that it will banish fascism, and collectivism to the ash can of history for our children. The fight is happening now. The battle is being waged in the heart of our Republic. There are over a 150,000 of us patriotic contributers. Our average donation is just a little over 100 dollars. We need your generosity now more than ever. Do not let it be said that we did nothing!"

... or something like that.

The strength of our money bombs is in the momentum that they can build. When 3 people give, 3 others see it, and so they also give. As the numbers rise, people become convinced that they are not wasting it on a hopeless cause. When people see the ticker sitting at over 4 million tomorrow morning and they receive email notification that there is a continuation of the money bomb, they will start to give. It is all about the momentum!!! This one has potential if we can think outside the box. It is not about raising cash in a 24 hour period anymore. We have already broken all those records. This is about winning now, and we need the maximum possible amount of cash for that.

I have already donated way more than I can afford, but if someone can find a way to keep this money bomb going through tomorrow, I make an irresponsible decision and donate again. If my family members see the money rolling in, they won't feel like they are foolish for donating to a politician. Maybe I can even get my cynical parents to catch the money bomb fever.

May God Bless us all!!!

PS- Now I'm going back out to pound the pavement. These slimjims won't pass out themselves. Wish me luck.

LibertyBrews
01-21-2008, 02:14 PM
I agree, let's continue the bomb into tomorrow. Let's make it 10 million at least.

Elle
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
We can very easily hit the 10 million mark by midnight. We have to scramble now to get it done. The major tv news won't give us coverage, but local radio DJ's will. Most radio stations have websites, their jocks have myspace, aim etc. Call them, instant message them, send them a myspace message with a link that will send them here
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/jan_21_total.html let them know that this started at midnight EST and look how much many has been raised so far. We can get this out on the airwaves whether the MSM likes it or not.

Also most radio stations have links to their sister or affiliate stations. I have already started calling and emailing.

newyearsrevolution08
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
great idea, pretty hard to organize BUT who knows...... I can change it on my page as can trevor and the other bomb sites. We will see how today goes and go from there. I dont want to announce anything that will make someone NOT donate today though with the feeling of "sweet I can donate tomorrow as well so I will do it then".....

donate today people. we can deal with this AFTER midnight or email everyone in the am tomorrow as far as the lists and so forth and then our sites.

Live Free
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Hello,

My first post!

I'd rather see us postpone the announcement of the money bomb.

Why encourage people to postpone making a contribution today?

The way I see it, this kind of announcement would be excellent to announce very late tonight or very early tomarrow.

Just a thought.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Hello,

My first post!

I'd rather see us postpone the announcement of the money bomb.

Why encourage people to postpone making a contribution today?

The way I see it, this kind of announcement would be excellent to announce very late tonight or very early tomarrow.

Just a thought.Well, on my reading, that's what the OP has in mind.

Oh, and Welcome to the forums!

This evening, when we cross the 4 million total mark (around midnight) EST, we need another announcement from HQ, Tea Party, Nov5th, and Freeatlast, meetup organizers, friends and family.

Live Free
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Right you are!

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Carole
01-21-2008, 05:24 PM
You will need some massive emailings and also place huge notice at MLK site, blogs, and online friendly media, forums.

Molly1
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
We've already raised more than Huck for the quarter, haven't we?

That in itself is a great victory. :D