PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a Meetup Group!

max
07-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Mail Iowa sent out 76,000 names so far...

With almost 27,000 Meetup members...this averages out to less than 3 letters per member? Subtract out the heavy hitters who did 30, 40, and even 100 and the per person average is dismal for such an easy task.

Valuable human resources are going to waste here with non-existent or poor leadership. Plenty of groups waiting to form but no organizer has signed up.

Before we lose these people, active organizers should adopt a dead group and coordinate activities that do not require meeting in person. We need to give these folks something to do until a local leader emerges or can be trained.

A mail Iowa, mail New Hampshire...mail everywhere program can be just as easily organized for a group 1000 miles away as it is for your own group.

Order free bumper stickers from HQ and send them out to whoever wants one. There's lots of stuff we can do for these leaderless people. My group of 60 was dead until I organized. We're now kickin ass with about 6 hard core and 8-10 minor players. (The rest are still MIA!)

Even though Ames mailing will only work for another week or so, we have access to free names and there are lots of downloadable flyers out there. Let's get these people mailing. Join, start-up, and organize a dead group via e-mail and coach them along until someone steps up. We have to get these people mailing.

Mom4Ron
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Holy cow and felt like crap cuz I've only done 100!

And that is a good idea for a meetup group activity.

mport1
07-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, everybody needs to be involved IMMEDIATELY in the important project. Unfortunately it is hard to get the message out to every person and to get everybody involved in the process.