PDA

View Full Version : We Need HQ to hold a Press Conf ASAP

redzone
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
The stock market may open down 500 pts tomorrow. HQ needs to hold a press conference about why our economy is performing poorly (recession), and why the Ron Paul Platform is the right platform for this economy (amongst other things). HQ needs to be out in front on this issue. I urge you to use your contacts at HQ (whomever has their ear) and get Ron to hold a press conference to address this!!

BLS
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
That makes a ton of sense, which is why it will never get done.

JenaS62
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
The stock market may open down 500 pts tomorrow. HQ needs to hold a press conference about why our economy is performing poorly (recession), and why the Ron Paul Platform is the right platform for this economy (amongst other things). HQ needs to be out in front on this issue. I urge you to use your contacts at HQ (whomever has their ear) and get Ron to hold a press conference to address this!!

That would be awesome. Now is the time to really get his message out.

fuzzybekool
01-21-2008, 01:25 PM
BUMP for a PRESS CONFERENCE !

Dave Wood
01-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Should we all call hdqs in an organized fashion to suggest this move?

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Ironically, this is the real reason for the Ron Paul blackout.

Maybe think the strategy a little more carefully.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 01:27 PM
The only way to get this message out is through other avenues. This is the real reason for the blackout. Media doesn't want the guy on who was critizing the federal chairmen, trillions of dollars are at stake.

redzone
01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Should we all call hdqs in an organized fashion to suggest this move?

Hoping someone here is tied in more closely with HQ and can make a call and pitch this idea. Ron's platform is solid on this issue! He can lead on this with his vast economics background!

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Its too soon. Watch, wait, and let it build up.

evadmurd
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a grassroots liaison to HQ now? Who and how are they contacted?

JMO
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
That would be awesome. It seems the trick is to hold a press conference like you are going to withdraw from the race, then speak about the economy.

rooteroa
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Won't happen. Would be too sensible.

firebirdnation
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Great idea, let see if we can make this happen, but as others have stated, we will have to find another way to get this out to the masses as I doubt any media would cover it.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:31 PM
POST IN THE GRASSROOTS COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR'S BLOG!!!:

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

pacelli
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a grassroots liaison to HQ now? Who and how are they contacted?

His name is Dan McCarthy, he can be contacted by emailing him at: mccarthy4paul@gmail.com . He's the person who runs the official campaign "daily dose" blog at ronpaul2008.com (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates).

fuzzybekool
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
You know what would draw alot of media attention locally, then nationally ? Ron Paul will be in Louisiana tomorrow. If we could quickly organize a huge crowd of supporters there in Shreveport or Baton Rouge and have the press conference there. 1-2 thousand supporters listening to why Dr. Paul has been right along and the solutions he has that will work might make the MSM take notice, even grudgingly.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Let's all post the request in Dan's most recent blog entry here:

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/21/arizona-gov-gary-johnson-endorses-ron-paul/#comments

wgadget
Great idea, let see if we can make this happen, but as others have stated, we will have to find another way to get this out to the masses as I doubt any media would cover it.

Billionaire?

Mini-series?

:D

Bluedevil
I Agree

Lord Xar
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Ironically, this is the real reason for the Ron Paul blackout.

Maybe think the strategy a little more carefully.

Listen,

RON can release YouTube Videos of these things. IF the MSM DOES NOT pay attention to the press releases, you cannot ignore the views the the YOUTUBE video would generate if he releasesed such.

Cap
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
The campaign needs to hammer the economic card non-stop. The problem is, that if we (Dr. Paul), called a presser, none of the MSM would cover it. We need to be creative here. I hope someone from the campaign reads this thread and comes up with a way to get the word out.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Here's what I just posted:

Dan,

Based on what happened in overseas markets today, tomorrow morning, Dr. Paul should hold a press conference on what is happening and why. The Dow is likely to shed 500-1000 points tomorrow without heavy intervention, and the timing would be perfect for such a message from Dr. Paul to the American people about why this is happening.

Please pass the suggestion along to Kent and Lew ASAP…Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please go and do thou likewise, and ASAP!

Thanks....

wgadget
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Listen,

RON can release YouTube Videos of these things. IF the MSM DOES NOT pay attention to the press releases, you cannot ignore the views the the YOUTUBE video would generate if he releasesed such.

If youtube didn't squelch it, that is...

wildboar
01-21-2008, 01:38 PM

What gives you the impression that the market may close down 500 pnts tomorrow? Also, we're not technically even in a recession. Yes, we might want to call for a press conference but it should be to dispell the notion that we are in a recession. The "recession" boogyman is just being brought up as a reason to print more money. Check out this interesting article about the topic:
http://www.kitco.com/ind/Katz/jan182008.html

constituent
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Listen,

Lord Xar/Youtube FTW!!!!!!!!

Oh yea, a floor speech would really rock right now!

rooteroa
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM
You know what would draw alot of media attention locally, then nationally ? Ron Paul will be in Louisiana tomorrow. If we could quickly organize a huge crowd of supporters there in Shreveport or Baton Rouge and have the press conference there. 1-2 thousand supporters listening to why Dr. Paul has been right along and the solutions he has that will work might make the MSM take notice, even grudgingly.

Um, he's in Louisiana today.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Overseas markets were down 4-7% today. That would be 500-800 points on the Dow....

tomveil
What gives you the impression that the market may close down 500 pnts tomorrow? Also, we're not technically even in a recession. Yes, we might want to call for a press conference but it should be to dispell the notion that we are in a recession. The "recession" boogyman just just being brought up as a reason to print more money. Check out this interesting article about the topic:

Welcome to the board. Please exit to the left :)

Or perhaps READ THE THREAD TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

SteveMartin
Add your request to Dan here:

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/21/arizona-gov-gary-johnson-endorses-ron-paul/#comment-2775

wgadget
There have been articles stating that stock futures for tomorrow are down 565 points or so...

BTW, from another thread, how about Ron getting Walter Williams on board as VP, having a press conference to announce it, and then saying, "BTW, this is how WE will repair the economic mess that's been created..."?

Alabama Supporter
01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
If he does it, he needs visual aids. His explanation must also be simple and not long winded.

His economic analysis sometimes leaves me behind even though I have a bachelors in business. I can only imagine what Joe Sixpack thinks when he talks.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Here's what I just posted:

Dan,

Based on what happened in overseas markets today, tomorrow morning, Dr. Paul should hold a press conference on what is happening and why. The Dow is likely to shed 500-1000 points tomorrow without heavy intervention, and the timing would be perfect for such a message from Dr. Paul to the American people about why this is happening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please go and do thou likewise, and ASAP!

Thanks....

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/21/arizona-gov-gary-johnson-endorses-ron-paul/#comment-2775

fuzzybekool
01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Um, he's in Louisiana today.

Yes, he is. My bad. I deserve to be punished.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
OK...great start guys...keep 'em rolling in now!...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Steve Martin Says:
January 21st, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Dan,

+0
# Constituent Says:
January 21st, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Wrong section I know, but please Dan, consider this one voice crying out for a public statement from RP if the markets continue this sharp, downward spiral.
Add karma Subtract karma +0
# Dr. Pacelli Says:

Dan,

Please get Ron to hold a media-covered (i.e. C-SPAN) press conference tomorrow, to deal with the imminent economic collapse news out of london. This is absolutely critical to get Dr. Paul speaking in everyday language and tying in his candidacy as the only hope to save our dollar.
# Jim In NY Says:
January 21st, 2008 at 1:40 pm

I concur with the above posts, a press conference is essential tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add your comment here ASAP!: http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campai.../#comment-2775

Soccrmastr
01-21-2008, 01:44 PM

Not a press conference... a press release.... Which I believe they already have a press release on this subject

redzone
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM
What gives you the impression that the market may close down 500 pnts tomorrow? Also, we're not technically even in a recession. Yes, we might want to call for a press conference but it should be to dispell the notion that we are in a recession. The "recession" boogyman is just being brought up as a reason to print more money. Check out this interesting article about the topic:

I don't know about you, but my personal buying power is down more than 30% since this time last year. That's why I know we're in a recession (i'm feeling it) and I believe Ron also said he believed we were in a recession.
I didn't say the market would close down 500pts, I said it would open down 500 plus pts (ouch).

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/0,1518,530010,00.html

wfd40
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM

lolz!

+1

Lets hope the new and improved Dr. Paul does differently :)

wildboar
01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the board. Please exit to the left :)

Or perhaps READ THE THREAD TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

It sounds like you are talking BS. So what if the international markets are dropping? Read the link I provided in my post and you'll know what I'm talking about.

tomveil
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
It sounds like you are talking BS. So what if the international markets are dropping? Read the link I provided in my post and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I cannot, in good concious, continue this conversation.

Have a good day :)

nascar
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
New data from Arizona

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/css/css_sss_newdisc.html

PimpBlimp
01-21-2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96319

Energy
01-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Listen,

EXACTLY! I would love to see Ron Paul put up these quick, fire-side chats on youtube, just him and the camera speaking to us about current events like this, clarifying his answers in interviews, educating us on policies, etc.

We all LOVE watching every second of Ron Paul. We long for his next interview on TV, even if it's for a few minutes. His interviews top youtube charts after upload. And we learn so much from him (the REAL Abe Lincoln, monetary policy, corporate fascism, etc). This would be very very popular.

Nothing fancy, just 5 or 10 minutes at a time is enough. Especially nice to do right after interviews when he's still fired up to comment on what just happened.

Let the campaign know! We are in uncharted territory and need to blaze new trails.

Danny Molina
01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
That would be awesome. It seems the trick is to hold a press conference like you are going to withdraw from the race, then speak about the economy.

I was thinking the same thing.

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 01:59 PM
bump for press conf--must be BEFORE tomorrow

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
press conf! BUT where is that link supposed to lead? the one so we can leave comments. It just goes to the home page for me.

OK...great start guys...keep 'em rolling in now!...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Steve Martin Says:

Dan,

+0
# Constituent Says:

Wrong section I know, but please Dan, consider this one voice crying out for a public statement from RP if the markets continue this sharp, downward spiral.
# Dr. Pacelli Says:

Dan,

Please get Ron to hold a media-covered (i.e. C-SPAN) press conference tomorrow, to deal with the imminent economic collapse news out of london. This is absolutely critical to get Dr. Paul speaking in everyday language and tying in his candidacy as the only hope to save our dollar.
# Jim In NY Says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add your comment here ASAP!: http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campai.../#comment-2775

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 02:03 PM
bump

jdmetz
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
HQ also better remember to invite the press if they do hold a press conference.

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
cc:

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
HQ also better remember to invite the press if they do hold a press conference.

LMAO...great point...

Details like that escape some of these folks it would appear...

WilliamC
01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I called HQ in support of this.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow...All the news media blurbs are predicting a "rough ride" this week in the stock market...wonder why?

redzone
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I called HQ in support of this.

What did they say?

trey4sports
01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=WilliamC;1029403]I called HQ in support of this.[/QUOTE

did they give any kind of response? yes they will do it, or not this isnt a good idea

rollingpig
01-21-2008, 02:09 PM
YES!! it's time we view ourselves a top tier!!

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
just posted this AND sent it via the contact form (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form/):

We are all dying to hear from Ron Paul, TODAY if possible, about the economic crisis, caused by inflation, deficit spending, high taxes, the inflation tax, and the crashing dollar. He should do it today before the stock market takes a huge hit tomorrow, or he should do it very early in the morning tomorrow. He is the only one talking about inflation and the dollar and recession, and he has been talking about it for years, warning us, and he knows what to actually do about it. Please–press conf.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
The media doesn't care what Ron has to say.

No one would even show up.

Our obsession with the media just saps our energy.. let them come around on their own accord from the sheer inertia.

SteveMartin
SWEET...a few dozen more ought to do it:

LOL...we're spamming "spam central"...lol...

# Steve Martin Says:

Dan,

+0
# Constituent Says:

# Dr. Pacelli Says:

Dan,

# Jim In NY Says:

# Rick Toone Says:
January 21st, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Yes, please speak and put the financial crisis in context.

This is a powerful strategy.

Also, simple, inexpensive videos putting current events in perspective: PERSPECTIVE + SOLUTIONS. Every few days. Small file sizes we can imbed in our websites, post on YouTube, and email to people.

We need to IGNORE politics, and approach this election from an EDUCATION perspective.

Demonstrate — and model — leadership.
# Rev. Rich Says:
January 21st, 2008 at 2:08 pm

Ya got my vote on that too. Regardless of a person’s ideological bent, they hurt when their wallet does. That is the perfect time for them to hear Dr. Paul’s economic message.

-Rich
# J Cole Crowe Says:
January 21st, 2008 at 2:08 pm

We are all dying to hear from Ron Paul, TODAY if possible, about the economic crisis, caused by inflation, deficit spending, high taxes, the inflation tax, and the crashing dollar. He should do it today before the stock market takes a huge hit tomorrow, or he should do it very early in the morning tomorrow. He is the only one talking about inflation and the dollar and recession, and he has been talking about it for years, warning us, and he knows what to actually do about it. Please–press conf.

Rahl
01-21-2008, 02:13 PM
EXACTLY! I would love to see Ron Paul put up these quick, fire-side chats on youtube, just him and the camera speaking to us about current events like this, clarifying his answers in interviews, educating us on policies, etc.

We all LOVE watching every second of Ron Paul. We long for his next interview on TV, even if it's for a few minutes. His interviews top youtube charts after upload. And we learn so much from him (the REAL Abe Lincoln, monetary policy, corporate fascism, etc). This would be very very popular.

Nothing fancy, just 5 or 10 minutes at a time is enough. Especially nice to do right after interviews when he's still fired up to comment on what just happened.

Let the campaign know! We are in uncharted territory and need to blaze new trails.

~three 5 minute videos a week just him speaking to us would be very powerful.
The real anti MSM newscoverage, just Ron speaking about pressing issues.

No fancy polls, no fancy graphics, just the hard facts.

Watch RONews or go to sleep !

Am i crazy or does this idea have HUGE potential to get his message out easier ?

colecrowe
call them and write them. don't make it like, 'Ron Paul needs to do this to get votes' etc., make it like, 'We and the American people really want and need his message about the economy and inflation'

wfd40
The only guy running who can keep up with Dr. Paul economically speaking is Romney... but everyone is already hip to his flip-flopping-mojo..

So Paul should feel quite confident in engaging the others in a battle of economic wits ;)

RPfan
01-21-2008, 02:14 PM
bump

HOLLYWOOD
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM

Over 80% of COMPUTER/INTERNET users DO NOT VIEW YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Has ANYONE seen the Ron Paul Campaign Staff?

wgadget
01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Is this for real? Ron got 10 NV delegates and Romney only 2?

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Ron Paul is the man in the crowd who slowly raises his finger as the Emperor passes by and says, "He has no clothes on!"

(David Rockefeller is the Emperor, and his greenbacks are his "clothes.")

tomveil
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Is this for real? Ron got 10 NV delegates and Romney only 2?

In that precint, yes. We actually got quite a few more delegates than the 14% suggests.

redzone
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
The only way to get this message out is through other avenues. This is the real reason for the blackout. Media doesn't want the guy on who was critizing the federal chairmen, trillions of dollars are at stake.

Where is that youtube with Ron speaking with Bernake?

Rahl
01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
~three 5 minute videos a week just him speaking to us would be very powerful.
The real anti MSM newscoverage, just Ron speaking about pressing issues.

No fancy polls, no fancy graphics, just the hard facts.

Watch RONews or go to sleep !

Am i crazy or does this idea have HUGE potential to get his message out easier ?

Or maybe something more like "ASK Ron".
Email questions in and put videos up of Ron answering some of them.
I can literally see the homepage infront of me; a template to ask questions + videos of already answered questions.

I think that could be a huge seller, if done right this could make a difference in the long run.

any thoughts (or am i going crazy and this idea sucks hard) ?

Sorry for my selfquote :)

ronpaulfan
01-21-2008, 02:23 PM

QFT

osofaux
01-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I posted this in the other thread relating to this, I'll post it here too.

Points that Dr. Paul should make:

1. I have intimate knowledge of the problem at hand, I've studied it for decades.
2. I have the solution to the problem.
3. None of the other candidates have the solution to the problem.
4. If you vote for me I will enact the solution.
5. This means you, Super Tuesday states.

colecrowe
01-21-2008, 02:39 PM
bump

WilliamC
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=WilliamC;1029403]I called HQ in support of this.[/QUOTE

did they give any kind of response? yes they will do it, or not this isnt a good idea

I operate under the impression that the people I talk to are busy and not high level players. I just stated who I was, what my suggestion was, and thanked them for the work they are doing.

I'm sure if many people call with the same idea it will get bumped upstairs more rapidly than if one does.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Where is that youtube with Ron speaking with Bernake?

Google "Ron Paul Ben Bernanke" and they should come up.

Give me liberty
01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Lol poor gov media owned losers

Every news network is down playing the story about the economy

Plus they are not even talking about the weaking dollar.

redzone
01-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Google "Ron Paul Ben Bernanke" and they should come up.

:D
thanks.

slantedview
01-21-2008, 03:08 PM
agreed

ryanmkeisling
01-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I fear a press conference would fall on deaf ears. The media would simply marginalize anything Ron had to say and laugh it off. If you watch Mr. Bernake when the Dr. is chewing him out during those oversight hearings, he is covering his mouth and laughing, in fact after the good Dr.'s tirade they are all laughing; they simply refuse to face the truth, the reality of our economic situation. People look at Ben Bernake and say "well he was educated at Harvard and taught at Princeton so he must know what he is talking about" They do not read huge books like, "A monetary history of the united states" where it is pretty much proven that the Fed caused the great deppresion, even those who lived through it. The media creates the realiy that the majority knows and our academics, for the most part are morons. They do not live in our reality and they will make anything he has to say seem crazy. The majority of americans will listen to the way the media tends to frame it and sadly we are not the majority. That is not to say that one day it could get so bad that people really will wake up but we are not there yet and it may be a decade or three until we are. It is the dollar crisis that is causing the international markets to go haywire like a domino effect and we are the first and last domino. I would love to believe a press conference would help but I fear it would be a waste of time and only hurt us. Let us remember a great majority of Americans still believe that we went into Irag to get the terrorists who blew up the world trade center buildings and will hang on the every word of our so called media pundits. Bin Laden remains a free man and we trained him to begin with, but how many people even think about that or would want to believe it? It would need to be a simplified message and that is almost impossible to do at this time. That is why they have been so succesful, because the average person would have to spend half of there life with their head buried in large and complex texts to just begin to get a handle on the real problems. People like Gore Vidal and Howard Zinn have been pointing out for years, in well researched and well documented texts, that even the founding fathers sought to protect their own interests and there own wealth at the expense of the common man. That our own revolution was simply a fight to remove the sovereignty of one nation only to establish sovereignty over another. Confusion runs so deep that the Ron Paul revolution is only the begining of people begining to wake up. We have a long fight ahead of us and this is not negativity but simple truth that we must face. I believe Ron Paul has said this and is probably more aware of it than anyone else.