PDA

View Full Version : Rush just spoke (briefly) about RP

WillInMiami
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
A caller set him up BIG TIME. She started by asking him how he considers Romney a conservative, moved on to talk about McCain and then, when he asked who she was supporting, she said she wanted to know more about Ron Paul. He ignored it at first and then, right before a commercial break he said something like "the fact that the media is ignoring Ron Paul should tell you something". The way I read the whole segment was: if you want to know who the left hates, look at who they try to tear down (Romney & Thompson) or who they ignore (Ron Paul). The moral of the story being that the left and MSM will mistreat the more conservative candidates.

This was actually a passive compliment of the good Dr. However, I noticed that ANY time he is forced to talk about RP, he cuts it VERY short and goes to commercial break.

Deborah K
01-21-2008, 01:05 PM
That's because his good friend Walter Williams (who sits in for him) is a Ron Paul fan. Rush knows what's up but unfortunately, he is part of the establishment.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Didya notice he kinda gets spooky quiet when someone says "Ron Paul?" At least he doesn't outright laugh like some of them...

SteveMartin
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
....a 33rd degree part of the establishment.

nate895
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
A caller set him up BIG TIME. She started by asking him how he considers Romney a conservative, moved on to talk about McCain and then, when he asked who she was supporting, she said she wanted to know more about Ron Paul. He ignored it at first and then, right before a commercial break he said something like "the fact that the media is ignoring Ron Paul should tell you something". The way I read the whole segment was: if you want to know who the left hates, look at who they try to tear down (Romney & Thompson) or who they ignore (Ron Paul). The moral of the story being that the left and MSM will mistreat the more conservative candidates.

This was actually a passive compliment of the good Dr. However, I noticed that ANY time he is forced to talk about RP, he cuts it VERY short and goes to commercial break.

I think many in conservative talk radio are confused right now because they have been reminded of who they use to be by Ron Paul, and they simply don't know what to do. The exception is Savage because he is a stubborn a**hole.

WillInMiami
01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Didya notice he kinda gets spooky quiet when someone says "Ron Paul?" At least he doesn't outright laugh like some of them...

LOL - Yea, I've noticed that. It's strange. It's like he has someone there with a gun watching him. He absolutely hates having to talk about Ron Paul. None-the-less, he doesn't really trash him. It's like he fears the controllers and he fears the Ron Paul army almost as much - lol.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Staupostek
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM

Isn't Roger Ailes his partner in broadcasting. Maybe he just used to be. But Ailes is also a big-wig at Fox News. So maybe Rush isn't supposed to speak the great unspeakable name of Ron Paul.

fuzzybekool
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Someone or some government entity has the goods on Rush and is using it to keep him quiet. Blackmail is the ultimate weapon Aipac and the FBI and the CIA uses to quell somebody.

I am sure letting the whole pain killer thing into the press was a wake up call for Rush to tow the line or be finished.

yongrel
01-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Someone or some government entity has the goods on Rush and is using it to keep him quiet. Blackmail is the ultimate weapon Aipac and the FBI and the CIA uses to quell somebody.

I am sure letting the whole pain killer thing into the press was a wake up call for Rush to tow the line or be finished.

Where do you buy your tinfoil?

Goldwater Conservative
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM

Cognitive dissonance.

mysticgeek
01-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I actually heard this during lunch. I actually am not certain why Rush is not a lot more Dr. Paul. I guess he has his audience to cater too ... it is a show after all.

Taco John
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
That's because his good friend Walter Williams (who sits in for him) is a Ron Paul fan. Rush knows what's up but unfortunately, he is part of the establishment.

Ron Paul has mentioned Walter Williams as a potential running mate before...

http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/

wgadget
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I wish he would get him onboard already...How about a press conference announcing WW as a running mate, and by the way, here's how I can fix the economy....

wfd40
01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Ron needs to go on this show.. asap

Karsten
01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Rush just said he might not endorse the Republican nominee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *WOAH*

wgadget
01-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Did you hear Rush just describe RP's platform on what he looks for in a conservative candidate? Funny...

nate895
Ron needs to go on this show.. asap

Savage has an open invitation. It reaches 12 million, most of whom will vote in the primaries. The problem is if we can get Savage to shut up to let Ron Paul explain himself.

Karsten
I think Rush is *very slowly* starting to come around!

wgadget
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM
And he wants LEADERSHIP....Press Conference is NECESSARY. We need Ron to display his LEADERSHIP for Rush!

Staupostek
Did you hear Rush just describe RP's platform on what he looks for in a conservative candidate? Funny...

If none of the front runners is appealing to Rush, then who does he support and why won't he come out and say so?

paulie
I have never heard Rush bash Dr. Paul. I honestly think he does not want to bring the legions of us that would attack from all angles down on him. That is fine with me, some others had to learn the hard way. I can still listen to him with good conscience because of this too.

Caravello
01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I actually heard this during lunch. I actually am not certain why Rush is not a lot more Dr. Paul. I guess he has his audience to cater too ... it is a show after all.

The sticking point between Rusn and Ron is the Iraq War and nothing else. Everything Rush promotes is otherwise exactly the same as what Ron's promotes, except maybe for things like legalizing pot/coke and hookers.

Karsten
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
The sticking point between Rusn and Ron is the Iraq War and nothing else. Everything Rush promotes is otherwise exactly the same as what Ron's promotes, except maybe for things like legalizing pot/coke and hookers.

Of course on drugs and hookers, it's a state's rights thing, Ron obviously does not personally endorse such things. If states want to criminalize or legalize such things, they can.

wgadget
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
If none of the front runners is appealing to Rush, then who does he support and why won't he come out and say so?

He said he might not vote at all...

roXet
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM

I only listen to Rush while I am driving home for lunch and back to the office afterwards, so I don't hear too much of what he says. But I don't remember him harping on the war too much. Definably not as much as good 'ole Hannity. Maybe he will surprise us. Today when he was talking about "endorsing a candidate" I thought he sounded like he was going to do something nobody expects in this election.

PatriotOne
01-21-2008, 01:52 PM

Where do you buy your dunce cap? Blackmail is standard operating procedures for the cabal.

Google and watch the video Conspiracy of Silence for starters. Getting politicians drugged and drunk and then photographing them having sex with children was quite a popular activity in the 80's. For further details you can google The Franklin Cover-Up and John DeCamp and read further about the subject. Just one example of how the real world is working Yongrel.

Caravello
01-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Of course on drugs and hookers, it's a state's rights thing, Ron obviously does not personally endorse such things. If states want to criminalize or legalize such things, they can.

I know that, but "conservatives" still want moral issues to be somehow part and parcel of government policy. That's always been the difference between the libertarians and the conservatives. They share 99% of the economic issues and maybe 50% of the social and states' rights issues, and 0% of the foreign policy issues.

Karsten
01-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Rush just said he can't endorse a particular candidate, because if that candidate drops out he may endorse Mccain or Huck. That should allow him to endorse Paul, because he'd never endorse Mccain or Huckabee!!!

Caravello
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Well, the really scary thing (if I can use hyperbole, but I kind of mean it) is if Hillary or Obama get in. They will definitely make things a lot worse. They are as dumb as it gets when it comes to economics. At least the likes of Romney has a clue. But RP would be our best bet, but if we can only get the welfare classes to embrace him which seems very unlikely.

malibu
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
. . ."the fact that the media is ignoring Ron Paul should tell you something".

good post and a great caller to Rush's radio show- it's very difficult to get on - always busy -
CSPAN's Washington Journal at 7-9am ET morning show is much easier to get on the program.

Now with RP's silver medal in "The Silver State" they still ignore Ron Paul -

Well, when the ex-Dem., ex-Indeep., adulterer, fake catholic, draft dodger,
ex-New York Sanctuary City mayor pulls in only single digit's under 5% EVERYWHERE -
ya' have to wonder when Fox News will start to exclude HIM from all Republican Party debates and
also you can also contemplate when the media will start asking Rudolph Judy-Annie
if s/he will run as an independent ?

wfd40
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM

Dr. Paul needs to start "closing the deal" on why leaving Iraq actually makes us more safe both here at home and abroad.

Perhaps something to the effect of.. "by withdrawing the main troops we will actively seek out and destroy known enemy targets using tactical special forces who are heavily trained to carry out pin-point search and destroy missions... I will cut off the heads one by one.. but I will not give the disenfranchised masses in the middle-east reason to hate America for what THEY SEE as an occupation of their territory. Most insurgents are but vassals to lords who high away from the fight... I will seek out these lords of terror and I will destroy them with our special forces units"

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe Rush Limbaugh is the Billionaire!?!?!

kaleidoscope eyes
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
ha ha, yeah, I don't know what day it was from, but we were listening in the car Saturday evening and listening to his rebroadcast. Someone brought up RP, I don't remember exactly what was said, but then all you hear from Rush was fidgety shuffling of papers, a lot of ummm uhhhh ummmmm, and then "Ok, gotta take a break!" LOL

what a doof.

ButchHowdy
01-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Savage has an open invitation. It reaches 12 million, most of whom will vote in the primaries. The problem is if we can get Savage to shut up to let Ron Paul explain himself.

Savage had this author on last week who was superb in his discussing our meddling foreign policies, the phony War on Terror, and condemning about everything Savage stands for. And while I though Savage was going to become unglued, he just let this man speak his mind - maybe he was on the phone with his lawyer!

WilliamC
01-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Rush is compromised.

ButchHowdy
01-21-2008, 02:38 PM

Not very nice.

Read about Rep. Paul Findley's struggle with this lobby.

mcgraw_wv
01-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I took his comments... as to "There is a reason why hes no int the media, he has no shot, and hes a kook"

ccarson
01-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Sure, I think there's a conspiracy that Rush isn't talking about RP.
But it's not any kind involving a conference room in an underground military bunker or anything.

Rush knows that if he starts talking about Ron Paul, he's going to start losing major face among not only the MSM but his own listeners. He is at the front line of the establishment neocons who get all their political news and commentary from the likes of him, Hannity, and to a lesser extent Glenn Beck and Mike Savage.

The number one reason we don't hear any neocon in the spotlight talking about Dr. Paul is very simple: his stance on the war in Iraq. If Rush starts talking positively about him, he's going to not only take a multi-faceted attack about being a flip-flopper on the war issue, but he'll have defense contractors ringing his phone off the hook asking him if he realizes the importance to the U.S. economy of continuing the war effort (read: lucrative defense contracts that keep Lockheed in business).

It's that simple.

Unfortunately, I don't think a compromise can be reached, because Dr. Paul's stance on Iraq is central to his government philosophy. And until we get some fresh commentators on the airwaves with points of view closer to the American public's, we're not going to hear anyone praising Dr. Paul.

wortguy
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
don't be scared of democrats , and don't be scared of the terrorists. That's how people are manipulated. The policies to protect us from terrorists breed more terrorists and make us less safe, and we continue losing our liberties when we settle for the "less scary" candidates.

"...global Jihad......global jihad........global jihad" ~ Mitt Mormoney

Well, the really scary thing (if I can use hyperbole, but I kind of mean it) is if Hillary or Obama get in. They will definitely make things a lot worse. They are as dumb as it gets when it comes to economics. At least the likes of Romney has a clue. But RP would be our best bet, but if we can only get the welfare classes to embrace him which seems very unlikely.

parke
01-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I think many in conservative talk radio are confused right now because they have been reminded of who they use to be by Ron Paul, and they simply don't know what to do. The exception is Savage because he is a stubborn a**hole.

I agree. Rush should see that if he supported RP his ratings would explode. Personally, Rush would make millions if he decided to support RP.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I agree. Rush should see that if he supported RP his ratings would explode. Personally, Rush would make millions if he decided to support RP.

Rush already makes millions... HUNDREDS of millions...

fj45lvr
01-21-2008, 02:57 PM

No, he's a rabid ZIONIST bent on killing and subjugating arabs.

fj45lvr
01-21-2008, 03:02 PM
But it's not any kind involving a conference room in an underground military bunker or anything.

Rush knows that if he starts talking about Ron Paul, he's going to start losing major face among not only the MSM but his own listeners. He is at the front line of the establishment neocons who get all their political news and commentary from the likes of him, Hannity, and to a lesser extent Glenn Beck and Mike Savage.

The number one reason we don't hear any neocon in the spotlight talking about Dr. Paul is very simple: his stance on the war in Iraq. If Rush starts talking positively about him, he's going to not only take a multi-faceted attack about being a flip-flopper on the war issue, but he'll have defense contractors ringing his phone off the hook asking him if he realizes the importance to the U.S. economy of continuing the war effort (read: lucrative defense contracts that keep Lockheed in business).

It's that simple.

Unfortunately, I don't think a compromise can be reached, because Dr. Paul's stance on Iraq is central to his government philosophy. And until we get some fresh commentators on the airwaves with points of view closer to the American public's, we're not going to hear anyone praising Dr. Paul.

+1 on these comments!! Rush agrees with the doctor on the drug law mess he's been through and knows Paul is right on his record and economic front.....its ALL about RUSH though and not what's good for the people or our future (money trumps the right thing).

Vendico
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM

I think this economy issue could be Rush's "out" of Iraq. He could save face too. I wonder if he's considered it...

nate895
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM
No, he's a rabid ZIONIST bent on killing and subjugating arabs.

What the use to be.

I have always prayed for Israel, and will continue to, but the US Government has nothing to do with it, so they should stay out of it.

blakjak
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM

he'd lose many more supporters than he'd gain...

paulette
01-21-2008, 03:21 PM

Interesting...

Dorfsmith
01-21-2008, 03:23 PM

Naw, dittoheads follow him no matter what he says :D

nate895
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM

I say he'd lose 10% of his current audience, but gain a lot of RP supporters, at least enough to balance.

RonRules
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Isn't Roger Ailes his partner in broadcasting. Maybe he just used to be. But Ailes is also a big-wig at Fox News. So maybe Rush isn't supposed to speak the great unspeakable name of Ron Paul.

You got it, that's why.

The Roger Ailes technique of bias is to omit coverage. This way they can't be accused of smearing.

RonRules
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Rush won't have a choice to support Ron Paul after Feb 5. All that's going to be left is Romney, McCain and Paul (and possibly of bit of Huckabee)

He hates McCain and is critical of Romney. Don't worry, we've got till Nov, and Rush will back the Republican nominee no matter what.

PatriotOne
01-21-2008, 04:17 PM

Yep..sometimes it works that way and sometimes it works this way:

“The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance... William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Figuring out who is motivated by what can be difficult.

WillInMiami
01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Naw, dittoheads follow him no matter what he says :D

Not true - I've been a a Rush 24/7 subscriber for some time but I've emailed him at least 5 times in the last year to tell him that I think he's wrong and full of shit for not recognizing Dr. Paul as being a true conservative.

parke
01-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Some of these fools better get on board. Somebody is going to break through the silence. Whether its stern, limbaugh... somebody is going to come to Ron Pauls side and take advantage of the following.

Shink
01-23-2008, 01:23 AM

Where do you buy your stale ad hominems?

Hook
01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Where do you buy your stale ad hominems?

Oh, come on. You know that was funny. :D

camped69
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Savage is pushing the agenda. It's sick, he goes on and on about how no candidate has the answers to fiscal issue or is conservative enough. Yet he'll turn right around and dog Paul. It sickening really. Perhaps Mr. Paul should let Savage interview him. The biggest thing I hear from Savage is that islamo-fascists are going to kill us all. He's a tool. Americans have never been afraid of shit. More people die per year from eating cheesburgers than have been killed by the islamos. I sure hope people are intelligent enough to not fall for the lies these fools have been spreading for so long. Hopefully Bush hasn't completely turned people into vote Democrat at all cost types.

free.alive
01-23-2008, 03:16 AM
Romney owns the parent company of the parent company of the EIB network...

Rush bashes all the candidates (except Romney) and pretends as though Ron Paul doesn't exist.

Some callers should try and get through and discuss the first fact with him.

*** If you're going to bring up the Romney topic, don't mention Ron Paul at all.

Otherwise, we should start a call campaign to get bring the Ron Paul debate to the commentator who most laments the abandonment of conservatism by the GOP.