PDA

View Full Version : Help me compose the PERFECT email to send to my friends

gharalam
01-21-2008, 12:52 PM
All on facebook. Im just gonna ask for donations from as little as 1 penny. Help me make a message that will catch there eye!

Thanehand
01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Here's what I sent. I posted this in a thread I started earlier today (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96143):

Dear Friends and Family:

Thank you for putting up with my emails :) I'm sending you one more asking that you please join me in donating to Ron Paul's presidential campaign *today*, Monday January 21st. Any amount you can donate will help. It will only take you a moment to do so and it doesn't obligate you in any way:

https://www.RonPaul2008.com/donate/

Why should you, and why today?

Thousands of people across the country are banding together as I write this, donating as much as they can in a single day. We're doing so in an effort to support Ron Paul's message of freedom and prosperity before Super Tuesday on February 5th. But also, and in some ways more importantly, to send a message to the main stream media that "we the people" are sick and tired of their unfair and unbalanced presidential primary coverage. I for one, am utterly tired of watching the media essentially choose the presidential candidates for the people, rather than covering every candidate equally and fairly and letting the people choose for themselves.

Again, join us in donating to Ron Paul's presidential campaign today and help spread the word!

If you haven't already, please consider voting for Ron in the Republican presidential primary on January 29th. More information about him can be found at http://www.ronpaul2008.com If you have any questions, feel free to email or call me and I'll do my best to answer them or point you in the right direction.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your time.

gharalam
01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I like it a lot.

Redmenace
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I would mention that it is a donor bomb and the message we are trying to send isn't about money but about people. Encourage them to donate whatever they want, but the amount of money isn't the most important thing, the number of donors is.

abbgt1
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
...where he describes how many trillions (55?) of debt and obligations the Federal Gov't has. That is independent validation of what Ron Paul stands for.

tarabyte
01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
All on facebook. Im just gonna ask for donations from as little as 1 penny. Help me make a message that will catch there eye!

Please ask people to donate at least $2. A penny will cost the campaign money! It usually costs at least 20 to 30 cents in minimum per-transaction fees to process a credit card. Then about 2% in other fees on top of that usually.

So if you don't send in at least $2 it really isn't helping out the campaign much. Surely if you have a credit or debit card you have at least $2 credit available.

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Paul never voted for senate bill 1959,a bill that invades your privacy (only candidate not to 4 for it!)
-never voted to raise taxes
-never voted for an unbalanced budget
-never voted for restriction on guns
-never voted to raise gov't pay
-never took a government-paid junket
-never voted to increase power of the executive branch.
-voted against the abominable "Patriot act"
-voted against regulating the Internet
-voted against the Iraq war from day 1
Paul always voted 4 the constitution

-Paul returns a portion of his pay to the U.S. treasury every year.
-Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress
-Paul has published 6 books on economic and fiscal monetary policy.They show what a genius and how fascinating he is. No other candidate comes close to Paul's expertise for fixing the terrible US economy, the falling dollar, and the massive debt
-John McCain once said Paul "is the most honest man in Washington"

Copy and paste that. And say no one has Ron's record.. And that he will fix this country .. Tell them he deserves your money and that they will get paid back alot more when Ron is president

123tim
01-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Please ask people to donate at least $2. A penny will cost the campaign money! It usually costs at least 20 to 30 cents in minimum per-transaction fees to process a credit card. Then about 2% in other fees on top of that usually.

So if you don't send in at least $2 it really isn't helping out the campaign much. Surely if you have a credit or debit card you have at least $2 credit available.

I would like to second this.

Sey.Naci
01-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Isn't the minimum donation accepted on the campaign site $5? Makes sense, given the costs due to transaction fees, necessary paperwork, and staff time for processing & verifying the payments against FEC regs.

tarabyte
01-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Isn't the minimum donation accepted on the campaign site $5? Makes sense, given the costs due to transaction fees, necessary paperwork, and staff time for processing & verifying the payments against FEC regs.

I think if you click on custom you can donate whatever amount you want. But I could be wrong. I hope the campaign has thought of this though. If I were the campaign I'd tell everyone that it is a $5 minimum donation.

benjamin.hadden
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Here is the letter I sent:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96226

It may be a bit long for a facebook format. I'd encourage you to send customized versions to your email contacts.

One thing I'm realizing is how important it is to have youtube links in the letters. Be sure to put in a number of video links.

dblee
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Here's what I sent. I posted this in a thread I started earlier today (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96143):

I plagarized your letter, just so you know.