PDA

View Full Version : We need a "buddy bomb"!

BLuegreengrey
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM
There is so little time to promote these things now. Lets have a buddy bomb where individuals pledge not only pledge their dollars, but to get two buddies to pledge their dollars as well. This would triple the number of potential donors for the day and also allow more of a focus on collecting donations for individuals who aren't online all the time.

sharpsteve2003
01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Or maybe also we could pledge to get 1 new Ron Paul voter each week. that could go even further than money will get us. The money is still important, but if we each pledge to get 1 new vote for Ron Paul each week we would be unstoppable and it would help increase donations from new supporters.

BLuegreengrey
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Or maybe also we could pledge to get 1 new Ron Paul voter each week. that could go even further than money will get us. The money is still important, but if we each pledge to get 1 new vote for Ron Paul each week we would be unstoppable and it would help increase donations from new supporters.

sharpsteve2003, I like the concept. To flesh it out are you suggesting in someway that each individual "money bomb" donor would change into a "buddy bomb" donor.... For example a buddy bomb website could focus on a specific primary state. Then a buddy bomb donor could pledge to secure 3 votes in that state for example. So, an average of 10,000 pledges would mean 30,000 voters and a very big potential swing in a primary state. Is this right?

sharpsteve2003
01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
sharpsteve2003, I like the concept. To flesh it out are you suggesting in someway that each individual "money bomb" donor would change into a "buddy bomb" donor.... For example a buddy bomb website could focus on a specific primary state. Then a buddy bomb donor could pledge to secure 3 votes in that state for example. So, an average of 10,000 pledges would mean 30,000 voters and a very big potential swing in a primary state. Is this right?

Yes that is what I'm talking about. I have been working on plans for something similar. The first stage is the Precinct Leader Bomb till Feb 5th. After that I should have the numbers to work with to determine just how many voters we each need to get to reach winning numbers for Nov. I'm hoping to roll it out with video and the help of everyone to promote it. Just from what I have calculated so far it may be a lot easier than many think. Possibly 1 new voter each per week will be more than enough. Keep an eye out for more details as I get this in place. The Precinct leader program is going to be a huge part of making it work, bringing the grassroots and HQ together as one unstoppable vote getting machine. It will require everyone to help.

BLuegreengrey
01-21-2008, 12:33 PM
This could work, because there is always somebody who knows somebody in a primary state.