01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
EDIT: NY Times Updated their Page.
Ron Paul now Listed!

NYT Campaign Scorecard - Ron Paul OMITTED Entirely

http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/results/index.html

Ibgamer
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Wow, that is bullshit

Ive never used that language on here before but that is just absurd...

Detonator
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I see that last place Giuliani is listed.

slamhead
01-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Old story...they have received thousands of emails and yet they don't change it.

JimInNY
01-21-2008, 11:22 AM
I think TulsaRevolution sent them a correction:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8972/nytliesvm8.jpg

acptulsa
01-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Send that to the New York Post and the Village Voice!

Go Billy!

amy31416
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM

HA!

Classic!

Leslie Webb
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Email the managing editor of the times at:

managing-editor@nytimes.com

JenaS62
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM

I just looked a few minutes ago and Ron Paul is now on there and Guiliani is missing. Wow.

What did you guys say in your emails??? LOL

amy31416
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I sent it to the NYT and copied the Village Voice and the New York Post.

integrity
01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
this blatent and obvious media corruption makes me feel sick to my stomach. I just sent them another angry email.

amy31416
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I just looked a few minutes ago and Ron Paul is now on there and Guiliani is missing. Wow.

Holy effing crap you're right!

We really do make a difference, hot damn!

RP4Pres2008
01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Yay! Ron is there now!

FrankRep
01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Holy effing crap you're right!

We really do make a difference, hot damn!

Woah! It was changed!

acptulsa
01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
I sent it to the NYT and copied the Village Voice and the New York Post.

That's got to be what did it. Nice job! I think we found the lever that will move the vaunted Times! Give the Village Voice a chance to make a laughing stock of them and they'll suddenly turn into journalists!

CareerTech1
01-21-2008, 11:45 AM
wow - giuliani is now missing - that aint right either but at least Ron Paul is on there now!!!

dawnbt
01-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I sent an email to them about this the other day. Nice to see they responded.

amy31416
That's got to be what did it. Nice job! I think we found the lever that will move the vaunted Times! Give the Village Voice a chance to make a laughing stock of them and they'll suddenly turn into journalists!

Well thanks for the suggestion! That's the whole reason I did it, that's a nice little trick that I'll use in the future as well.

Maybe we can make the media honest again, it won't be easy, but it would certainly be worth it.

CareerTech1
btw - their delegate count vote is totally screwed up

Midnight77
01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
That's hysterical that Giuliani is now omitted. He should be on there, as he is still in this, as well.

What the Hell is wrong with the Media in this country? Greed and power has taken over in that they get their jollies off influencing elections and the direction of the country.

dawnbt
01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
They do, however, still have Ron Paul with "0" delegates.

michaelwise
01-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I called yesterday and left them a nice courteous message. They listened.

amy31416
01-21-2008, 11:56 AM
They do, however, still have Ron Paul with "0" delegates.

What should the delegate counts be?

AlbemarleNC0003
01-21-2008, 11:58 AM

Please revise your GOP scorecard to include Ron Paul who is still in the race and placed second in Nevada. Thank you.

:D

JenaS62
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Please revise your GOP scorecard to include Ron Paul who is still in the race and placed second in Nevada. Thank you.

:D

Excellent.

acptulsa
01-21-2008, 12:01 PM
That's hysterical that Giuliani is now omitted. He should be on there, as he is still in this, as well.

What the Hell is wrong with the Media in this country? Greed and power has taken over in that they get their jollies off influencing elections and the direction of the country.

Their website design doesn't have enough room for six, I guess. Seems its, "All the news that fits" after all!

The delegate count is them taking advantage of a technicality. Many states reserve delegates for whoever hasn't dropped out so, at the convention, they can concentrate on the candidates still in. Naked and lame attempt to avoid giving credit where due.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Excellent.

No need to get hysterical. No need to go overboard. A simple request based on his numbers get more traction than yelling and screaming. I find the same works when trying to sway undecideds.

Janet0116
01-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Good, they bumped Guiliani.

fj45lvr
01-21-2008, 12:09 PM

uh, they're what you call OWNED and they serve the purpose of the MONEY.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-21-2008, 12:13 PM
if they would fix the delegate totals now!

barbz
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Good, they bumped Guiliani.

OMG, they removed Guiliani in the NY Times. I bet he's pissed. :D

GHoeberX
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Ron Paul now Listed!

Lol! They pulled Giuliani off! Oh well; at least that makes any sense, since Giuliani has been doing worst of the big 6.

LibertyRevolution
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Its their paper, do they not have the right to print what they want? Is that not the meaning of a free press? They do not have to be fair or balanced, is that not what the fox news lawsuit proved.

Should some other paper that wants to take readers from the New York Times print a more accurate and complete story giving more information? Yes. Should that paper also point out NY Times lack of information, Yes. That is how the free market would keep the papers in check.

Now for a recap. The checks and balance of the executive branch are gone. Executive branch now bullies the legislative branch by using a combination of fear and executive order to bypass them. The balance of the judicial branch is appointed by the corrupt executive branch. So now our Judicial branch is corrupted. A case in point, drug laws. The 5th Amendment states :“…nor shall any person … in any criminal case …be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law”. Yet seizer and freezing of assists at the time of arrest is normal in a drug case, before your trial, your money is frozen your car and house is taken from you and you are left with nothing but a public defender. This is the exact thing that the 5th amendment was written to avoid. How are you to provide yourself an adequate defense if your accuser has already been given all of your assets by court order. Don’t you think that your accuser having been granted all of your assets, will at least subconsciously tell the jury that you are guilty of something!?

Our governments system of checks and balances are all supposed to be kept in check by the free press. Unfortunately the people who now run the "free press" are the same people that are influencing the policy shift of our country. So they have no interest in reporting it. They are not going to expose the slow internal overthrow of our constitution, the revolution will not be reported on.

BeFranklin
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Ron Paul now Listed!

Lol, and guilani is now not listed.

srp
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
OMG, they removed Guiliani in the NY Times. I bet he's pissed. :D

Actually, this is not good. Now if Guilliani does better in Florida and some of the other states, they have an excuse to remove Ron Paul. They should have everyone that is still in the race up there.

Oyate
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
We're there. Look and tell me I'm not seeing things. Rudy is out, Ron is in!

Staupostek
01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Actually, this is not good. Now if Guilliani does better in Florida and some of the other states, they have an excuse to remove Ron Paul. They should have everyone that is still in the race up there.

Amen to that. Some people have responded to my criticism of Paul being excluded by saying that I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't my candidate. But I would be. If the media can't report on the full field of candidates, then they shouldn't be covering any of them. I know life isn't fair, but shouldn't we expect at least some equal treatment by the media of ALL candidates.

Oyate
01-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Amen to that. Some people have responded to my criticism of Paul being excluded by saying that I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't my candidate. But I would be. If the media can't report on the full field of candidates, then they shouldn't be covering any of them. I know life isn't fair, but shouldn't we expect at least some equal treatment by the media of ALL candidates.

A good point, one we've made often. Maybe just this once let's allow the Giuliani people the pleasure of advocating equal coverage for themselves.

amy31416
01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
A good point, one we've made often. Maybe just this once let's allow the Giuliani people the pleasure of advocating equal coverage for themselves.

+1

acptulsa
01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Its their paper, do they not have the right to print what they want? Is that not the meaning of a free press? They do not have to be fair or balanced, is that not what the fox news lawsuit proved.

Should some other paper that wants to take readers from the New York Times print a more accurate and complete story giving more information? Yes. Should that paper also point out NY Times lack of information, Yes. That is how the free market would keep the papers in check.

And that's what may well have gotten our man on the page. Amy31416 used the Times blatant omission to give the Village Voice a chance to laugh at them, and the former saw the latter's name as a cc on the email and shaped up!

They're free to be a laughing stock or to try to maintain some kind of reputation. America is still great. May we be vigilant enough for it to remain so!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 02:28 PM

ROFLOL!!!!!! THAT IS HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too Funny!

spudea
01-21-2008, 02:37 PM
they no longer list "America's Mayor"

poor guy doesn't have enough supporters willing to spam them with emails :)

raeason
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
they no longer list "America's Mayor"

poor guy doesn't have enough supporters willing to spam them with emails :)
Yeah, I just noticed that. Is that lol or what.

mannycp
01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/33dgu8x.jpg
it's fixed now.

Phunbaba
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/Phunnybaba/CDNYGiuliani.jpg?t=1200949061

Victrix
01-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Freakin awesome.

Power to the people! :)