PDA

View Full Version : Recycling yard signs?

Detonator
01-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Can we organize a campaign sign recycling program through meet up groups and the such?
Signs in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina would be better served in other states IMO.

BTW, I don't know if anyone is doing this or not, so I'm sorry if this is already taking place. If it is, could someone link to it so it's easy for people to find?

GregVernon
01-21-2008, 11:25 AM
I think there are other people wanting to organize something like this... I'm all in favor, I can't seem to get signs from HQ and the signs I bought haven't arrived yet.

Detonator
01-21-2008, 11:30 AM
I just ordered more signs, hope I get them before March.

Someone needs to take the job of organizing this.

sharpsteve2003
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I know Michigan is organizing to get signs to Ohio as they have not received their order from HQ yet. Would be great to see this spread. No use letting signs go to waste with money becoming tighter everyday for most of us.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Send me signs and I will get them up in California, guaranteed.

Detonator
01-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Contact meet up groups from other states, box `em up and ship `em out. I agree, money IS getting tight. I live in PA., so my signs are still good until April 22. After that I will ship them out. Pass them on if you can.

Combat Infantry
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I need 23 signs in Tennessee to post at the polling places in my county.

Below is about something that happened to me at a local mall.

THE COST OF SUPPORTING RON PAUL

I would like to vent on how I was treated by Fort Henry Mall management in Kingsport, TN. I went there regularly before I started hauling the trailer.
I have a small 10 foot trailer that I am hauling a 4ft X 8ft Ron Paul sign on. I had my truck and sign parked in the parking lot at the Fort Henry Mall. I had backed my truck into a parking space but did have the trailer wheels in the grass so the mall management had my truck and trailer towed. My truck was parked as it should have been but the mall had two wreckers tow both my truck and my trailer at a cost to me of $153.80. When I saw that they had my truck and trailer towed I went to management and ask where my truck was towed to. (Oh, by the way I have a disabled veteran tag on my truck) My disability is related to agent orange so I am still fairly active but I was not dressed for the 3 mile walk to the impound lot to get my truck. At the time I talked to the manager I ask if I could park in the lot as I was in the mall about 2 hours each day. I was told that it would be alright as long as I parked in between the lines but I was hassled by the manager again because of where I was parked. I was parked in the same small lot where the ATM is on the Fort Henry Drive side. I reminded him that he said that I could park as long as I had it within the lines. He told me that I could not park there but agreed I could park within the other lots closer to the mall. So I will be there daily but may be hassled again even though I have followed his instructions.
In my discussion with the manager I ask if he thought there could have been another way he could have handled it other than have both my trailer and truck towed as the truck was parked as it should have been. I asked if maybe a note could have been left on my truck asking me to come by the office. (A first warning)
I must also say that neither my truck or trailer were obstructing traffic within the parking lot. I was parked on the perimeter of the parking lot Thanks for letting me vent. I was parked in a space on the perimeter of the lot.

It was all worth it to support RON PAUL

The sign is now on my truck. I was charged two tow bills one for the truck and one for the trailer. Now if the manager has it towed it will just cost one tow bill. It may be of interest to you that the trailer was locked to my trailer hitch and the lock was cut.

It was mentioned that this may be a good news story to get the good doctor some press. Anyone has my permission to re post this or use it for a news release as it is written.
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/1.jpg
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/3.jpg

libertarian4321
01-21-2008, 01:25 PM
If you don't have anywhere else to send them, keep your signs up in Iowa, NH, etc.

They will help for the general election!

Geronimo
01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
I need 23 signs in Tennessee to post at the polling places in my county.

Below is about something that happened to me at a local mall.

THE COST OF SUPPORTING RON PAUL

I would like to vent on how I was treated by Fort Henry Mall management in Kingsport, TN. I went there regularly before I started hauling the trailer.
I have a small 10 foot trailer that I am hauling a 4ft X 8ft Ron Paul sign on. I had my truck and sign parked in the parking lot at the Fort Henry Mall. I had backed my truck into a parking space but did have the trailer wheels in the grass so the mall management had my truck and trailer towed. My truck was parked as it should have been but the mall had two wreckers tow both my truck and my trailer at a cost to me of $153.80. When I saw that they had my truck and trailer towed I went to management and ask where my truck was towed to. (Oh, by the way I have a disabled veteran tag on my truck) My disability is related to agent orange so I am still fairly active but I was not dressed for the 3 mile walk to the impound lot to get my truck. At the time I talked to the manager I ask if I could park in the lot as I was in the mall about 2 hours each day. I was told that it would be alright as long as I parked in between the lines but I was hassled by the manager again because of where I was parked. I was parked in the same small lot where the ATM is on the Fort Henry Drive side. I reminded him that he said that I could park as long as I had it within the lines. He told me that I could not park there but agreed I could park within the other lots closer to the mall. So I will be there daily but may be hassled again even though I have followed his instructions.
In my discussion with the manager I ask if he thought there could have been another way he could have handled it other than have both my trailer and truck towed as the truck was parked as it should have been. I asked if maybe a note could have been left on my truck asking me to come by the office. (A first warning)
I must also say that neither my truck or trailer were obstructing traffic within the parking lot. I was parked on the perimeter of the parking lot Thanks for letting me vent. I was parked in a space on the perimeter of the lot.

It was all worth it to support RON PAUL

The sign is now on my truck. I was charged two tow bills one for the truck and one for the trailer. Now if the manager has it towed it will just cost one tow bill. It may be of interest to you that the trailer was locked to my trailer hitch and the lock was cut.

It was mentioned that this may be a good news story to get the good doctor some press. Anyone has my permission to re post this or use it for a news release as it is written.
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/1.jpg
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/3.jpg

Try starting a thread about this. It's kinda buried in here.

perrin_for_paul
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Some of the meetup groups in SC are getting signs together for Georgia. Anyone in GA or NC that needs free signs, let me know, and I'll help coordinate with the meetups.

GregVernon
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey, if anyone from New Hampshire has some extra signs, I have plenty of places for them to go in New York.

Lesgov
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
We gathered up a bunch of signs, brochures, buttons, and stickers here on the east side of NH.
They all went to the Portland, Maine office today.

literatim
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I'll take any signs anyone wants to give me. :)