PDA

View Full Version : Granny Warriors

John of Des Moines
07-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I have been in contact with the Granny Warriors. Wherever they go the news media is attracted to them. http://www.grannywarriors.com/warwagon.htm
They are super Ron Paul supporters. Their motor home is a rolling Ron Paul billboard. http://www.grannywarriors.com/warwagon.htm

They want to come to Iowa for the August 5th ABC News - GOP Debates and stay through the Straw Poll on August 11th. However, they're located in Ashland North Carolina and it's 950 miles to Des Moines. With the price of gas and a vehicle that gets 7 miles to the gallon it's a pretty expensive proposition for them to come to the heartland. However, if they get $1,500 in donations they will be able to come to Iowa and make a great impression with the senior citizens of the state.

Please buy a couple gallons of gas by making a donation. Help them come to Iowa to bring a Straw Poll victory to Ron Paul.

Mom4Ron
07-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I've donated to them, but I still think they should sell signatures. Like $10 and you get your name on the war wagon. That'd be a rolling testament to the fact that we're more than 3 kids in their moms' basements.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2007, 08:14 PM
That's a good idea. Have you suggested that to them?

Mom4Ron
07-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Yes, I did. :)

Syren123
07-29-2007, 09:03 PM
That IS an excellent idea. They should take you up on it. I guarantee they will get 150 takers.

Larofeticus
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I gave them some money when I saw em on saturday.

Also learned they don't accept chinese currency.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I gave them some money when I saw em on saturday.

Also learned they don't accept chinese currency.

Well, it's kinda hard to use chinese currency at the neighborhood Mobil.

nullvalu
07-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd definately buy a shirt for their cause.. I love the sign on the back of their RV - Honk if you Speak English.. Great to see passionate little old ladies with such huge cahonies! :P

rajibo
07-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Great to see passionate little old ladies with such huge cahonies! :P

Kind of like these ladies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex46jrhG0SA

LibertyEagle
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, it sounds like they need money now. If everyone can swing it, try to toss 'em a 5 or 10 to their PayPal. It would be great to get them to Iowa, don't you think?

Bergie Bergeron
07-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, it sounds like they need money now. If everyone can swing it, try to toss 'em a 5 or 10 to their PayPal. It would be great to get them to Iowa, don't you think?
Totally agree.

brumans
07-30-2007, 12:27 AM
That IS an excellent idea. They should take you up on it. I guarantee they will get 150 takers.

Definitely. 150 takers easily. I would do it-- $10.

Bryan
07-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Josh, myself and a few others here are going to be there from Houston this same week. I'm totally game on the $10 for the wagon signature, no problem. I'll add in another $20 for a short video interview. :D

We're going to be pulling an RV trailer and doing the RV camping too- if they're interested I'm sure we could make it a party... :)

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 05:30 AM
I have been in contact with the Granny Warriors. Wherever they go the news media is attracted to them. http://www.grannywarriors.com/warwagon.htm
They are super Ron Paul supporters. Their motor home is a rolling Ron Paul billboard. http://www.grannywarriors.com/warwagon.htm

They want to come to Iowa for the August 5th ABC News - GOP Debates and stay through the Straw Poll on August 11th. However, they're located in Ashland North Carolina and it's 950 miles to Des Moines. With the price of gas and a vehicle that gets 7 miles to the gallon it's a pretty expensive proposition for them to come to the heartland. However, if they get $1,500 in donations they will be able to come to Iowa and make a great impression with the senior citizens of the state.

Please buy a couple gallons of gas by making a donation. Help them come to Iowa to bring a Straw Poll victory to Ron Paul.

Are we missing the point here? If they do not get $1500 in donations NOW, they won't have the money to spend on gas to get to Iowa. The whole signature idea sounds great for the future, but right now, they need cashola to get to Iowa. Maybe once they are there, we can talk to them about doing the signature thing, while they are in Iowa. But, let's help them get there, ok? Can't you imagine the number of Iowans these 2 grannies could talk to about Ron Paul and the impact they could make?

Instructions for donating, here: http://www.grannywarriors.com/warwagon.htm

freelance
07-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Please, PLEASE everyone donate something to the grannies. These woman create a "spectacle" everywhere they go, and they can bring in the senior vote, though not exclusively the senior vote. They are very effective, and they're a moving billboard as they travel.

Slugg
07-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Please, PLEASE everyone donate something to the grannies. These woman create a "spectacle" everywhere they go, and they can bring in the senior vote, though not exclusively the senior vote. They are very effective, and they're a moving billboard as they travel.

Yup yup. Tossin my 20$ now.

Mom4Ron
07-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Already did.

BizmanUSA
07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Rumor has it the great Granny brigade will be in Pittsburgh this Friday August 3rd to see and hear RON PAUL and our choice for the USA. :D

Hope you make it - Please drive safely!

BizmanUSA

freelance
07-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I know that some of you on here know people who have reached their $2300 limit. Would you guys contact those people and share with them how much good the grannies do? They NEED to be in Iowa. Talk about a surge in name recognition. Can't we find them a benefactor or two who would cover their trip to Iowa? Come on you folks with connections--start dialing the phone.

empirenine
07-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Dropped them a 10 spot. I love what they're doing.

Dustancostine
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Gave them $30 yesterday.

Go Granny Go Granny Go Granny Go....

freelance
07-30-2007, 12:10 PM
bump

Slugg
07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
$20 just donated...bump!!

Ronstock '08
07-30-2007, 12:21 PM
There ought to be a DOZEN of these vehicles running around the country. Very few have the commitment of "The Granny Warriors". They deserve our support.

www.grannywarriors.com

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 12:59 PM
$20 donated just now.

warriorgranny
07-30-2007, 04:53 PM
I've donated to them, but I still think they should sell signatures. Like $10 and you get your name on the war wagon. That'd be a rolling testament to the fact that we're more than 3 kids in their moms' basements.

That would be a good idea and one we would be glad to initiate. We have a subscription plan that allows people to donate $10.00 a month which would make it worthwhile to take the time and expense of putting the name on the RV.

John of Des Moines
07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Please go to the Granny Warriors website and donate to them We discussed the Grannies at our meetup group meeting tonight and we've got a space in the Iowa State Fair parade on Wednesday before the Straw Poll. The Parade draws a crowd of 30,000 plus. What a great place to have the Granny mobile followed by a couple hundred of RP supporters in the parade. Please Donate.

Psyclone
07-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Just gave 'em $30.

MozoVote
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Just chipped in $20. Hey, that's about 45 miles closer to Des Moines in that thing. :)

Slugg
07-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Bump...little more!! :D

empirenine
07-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I may be off slightly, but just in this thread I'm seeing about $170 donated.

Maybe we can aim for $500...

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Please go to the Granny Warriors website and donate to them We discussed the Grannies at our meetup group meeting tonight and we've got a space in the Iowa State Fair parade on Wednesday before the Straw Poll. The Parade draws a crowd of 30,000 plus. What a great place to have the Granny mobile followed by a couple hundred of RP supporters in the parade. Please Donate.

Great idea, John. How much did you donate?

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:55 PM
I may be off slightly, but just in this thread I'm seeing about $170 donated.

Maybe we can aim for $500...

That will get them 1/3 of the way to Iowa.

empirenine
07-31-2007, 12:00 AM
That will get them 1/3 of the way to Iowa.

That ain't bad for ONE thread on ONE site. I sure hope others are donating elsewhere.

freelance
07-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Still a little way to go to hit $500.

(bump)

Slugg
07-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Still a little way to go to hit $500.

(bump)

That is assuming everyone who donated has posted....I'm not sure that's a fair assumption.

Mom4Ron
07-31-2007, 08:58 AM
That would be a good idea and one we would be glad to initiate. We have a subscription plan that allows people to donate $10.00 a month which would make it worthwhile to take the time and expense of putting the name on the RV.
Cool! I guess I didn't consider how much time and expense it would take to put a signature on it, having never done anything of the sort myself. I was just envisioning people's names written with one of those $5 paint pens that you can get at wally world.

It's your gig and I surely don't intend to tell you how to run it, but it seems that a smaller, one time donation would yield higher results.

Either way, whether you do or don't, you ladies ROCK!

BizmanUSA
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Hope to see the War Wagon and it precious contents at the RON PAUL Rally in Pittsburgh this Friday at the Sheraton Four Points in Cranberry Twp. :D

Rally starts at 8PM but I recommend getting there WAY Early! ;) ;)

BizmanUSA

LibertyEagle
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Or maybe even raise it to a $50 one time fee, if it's that much hassle to put the name on the RV.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2007, 09:02 AM
We need to encourage some businesses to adopt them. Great advertising for them. The grannies have information about this on their site. Can anyone think of a way to make this happen?

John of Des Moines
08-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Great idea, John. How much did you donate?

Sorry, but my checkbook tells me I'm stretched to the limit. That's why I posted a request on the Grannies behalf to raise some needed funds. However, I will be the first in line to pony up $20 to sign their vehicle once it gets to Des Moines. Thanks