PDA

View Full Version : Notice Concerning Indiana Ballot Access

CoraJ
01-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Noon on February 12 is the deadline for county processing of petitions to ensure that Ron Paul will be on the Indiana Primary ballot in May. We need 500 signatures per Congressional District.

To date, we have no one in the state to contact, we have no place to send these petitions, we have no Congressional district reps appointed so we can coordinate with each other, we have no way of determining if we have enough signatures or need more.

Perhaps Indiana has been written off since we have Bush friend Mitch (sell-off-the-state-to-foreigners) Daniels as governor.

John Downey does not respond to any emails. Mr. McHugh refers everything to Downey.

Please don't wait until the last week and decide that we need hundreds more signatures and the weather is 5 degrees and/or snow up to eye balls. I've done all I can but no one seems to be listening.

Mopsus
01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Are you sure? I thought we were there. I'll call the SOS to confirm. If we're short, let's get on it. I'm heading to the Carmel sign wave in a few hours.

Bobby Johnson
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
CoraJ,
What district are you in? I was under the immpression that every district except 5 was taken care of by volunteers and 5 was being finished by the national campaign.

If not, uh oh.

Mopsus,
Could you update on us on how your call to the SOS went when you have a chance?

Thanks,
Bobby

jsgolfman
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I too thought we had him on already. If not let me know what I can do. I am the precinct leader for White River 11.

Mopsus
01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry guys. Today is MLK day and all state offices are closed. Duhhhhh. My bad.

I'll get on it tomorrow.

Mises
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
CoraJ,
What district are you in? I was under the immpression that every district except 5 was taken care of by volunteers and 5 was being finished by the national campaign.

If not, uh oh.

Mopsus,
Could you update on us on how your call to the SOS went when you have a chance?

Thanks,
Bobby

I was under this assumption as well. However, it would have been nice to hear it from Downey. I've emailed him like mad because I'm sitting on 50+ signatures and have nobody to turn them into. No response. :confused:

MadTheologian
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Bump, 'cause I'm Precinct Leader for one of the New Haven locations.

CoraJ
01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
I had a running argument via email with McHugh last week. (He apparently appointed his bud, Downey.) It would have been real nice if he had told me they had enough signatures. When I threatened to give my petitions directly to the SOS, he got upset saying they would not be counted.

I think we're being screwed and that's why I'm posting here.

I think it's a disgrace that we can't get any information from the campaign.

Please let me know regarding any info from SOS or anywhere.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I am the meetup organizer for Fort Wayne what is the problem and how can I help I talked to Kokomo last night and I thought they said this is all good even with the glitches in Place

CoraJ
01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I am on Downey's email list (or at least I was) and he has never provided an address to mail in the petitions. He has never requested the petitions. So why does anyone think he has turned them over to the Sec. of State?

The last I heard of him, he asked for count of how many signatures we had. But he never asked for them or gave any address to send them to.

The question is whether any petitions have been turned over to the SOS and if anyone plans on doing it.

Mopsus
01-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Here's how my call went to the SOS:

I spoke to Leslie and she said what we already know: 500 CAN-7 signatures for all Congressional districts certified by the respective county clerks' offices by noon 2/12/2008.

She went further on to say that the certified sigs and a CAN-8 form signed by Dr. Paul must be submitted to the Indiana SOS- Election Division by 2/22/2008.

Furthermore, she said that any filing(s), by any candidate, will not be submitted until tomorrow. Therefore, she didn't know if we hit the threshhold signatures or met the necessay criteria. She suggested I (we) call our state campaign coordinator or call her back at the end of the week to see where we stand.

Who the heck is our State Campaign Coordinator anyway?

Melissa
01-22-2008, 10:18 AM
From my understanding Lynette in Kokomo talked to him in the last few days and everything is good so not sure what is going on but I would contact Indy or Kokomo as they have talked to Downey the most