PDA

View Full Version : Show us what you're made of America!

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Come on people, this is the day.

Here's a little story about me..

I'm Dutch, 8 years ago I went to Japan to do an internship as a part of the Msc program of my university. Single guys who go to Tokio however don't stand much a chance :D I met the love of my life and we have been together ever since.

My wife's half Japanese half Vietnamese, we have previously worked in Japan together and a year ago we decided to go to Vietnam because we could both do a nice project there and felt that we wanted to make a change and also get her parents adjusted to the fact that we might not always be living around the corner.

Anyway... I like it here but my personal dream has always been to live in the States when we finally settle down in a few years time (when the kid(s?) get older). My wife's ambiguous on the issue though and I am forced to keep the options of Singapore, Hong Kong and Aussie open.

She does like Ron Paul though.. And so do I! What you are doing might seem small but it is actually very important, you are indeed making a change. The USA doesn't need to police the world, your own citizens don't need to be taxed to the max, your own citizens don't need to be under constant surveillance of their own Government and your view of the outside world and different cultures shouldn't be based on fear.

Ron Paul knows this, and you know this. Now make sure that other people will know it! Keep up your good work, donate today and keep spreading the word thereafter to make a change.

I am proud of very single one of you, and if even a small portion of Americans shares your passion and believes than you can add two immigrants into your country in a few years. One MSC and one MBA.

Go Ron Paul, Go grassroots, and GO MLK DAY!

freedom-maniac
01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
+1

arctica2
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the story and support!

InLoveWithRon
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Hanoi Rocks

kaleidoscope eyes
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
wow, now if That's not an inspiration to the potential of our greatness, what is?

thanks!

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Hanoi Rocks

Sure does. Hanoi is a crazy city, developing incredibly fast.

Should I send a postcard to McCain from the Hilton? It's about 500 meters from my house... :p Just kidding :D

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
one shameless bump before I turn of the lights and really go to sleep

mmink15
01-21-2008, 02:28 PM
That's the second Dutch post I've replied to today. Thank you for your support, know that we appreciate it and will continue to keep on fighting for freedom here in the States.

Trigonx
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
+1, thanks for the inspiration

smtwngrl
01-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Sure does. Hanoi is a crazy city, developing incredibly fast.

Should I send a postcard to McCain from the Hilton? It's about 500 meters from my house... :p Just kidding :D

Yes! Do it! :D (But not as a twisted joke ;) )

Send a postcard (or note) to McCain and tell him what you just told us. He needs to know that. I think too many people here (politicians especially) are too caught up in their own perspective of the world. They don't look at it from the perspective of other countries and how they might see America and what we do around the world.

Maybe they (and the American people) will pay more attention if they know how it comes across to others, and if they know that Ron Paul not only has high regard from his supporters here, but from others around the world.

And thanks for your encouragement. :)