PDA

View Full Version : Can ron paul go the distance?

RonPaulFTFW
01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.ballsnews.com/can-ron-paul-go-the-distance.html

coyote_sprit
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
If we get another 2nd place finish or a first place finish people will wake up I hope and I hope it isn't to late for us to get the nomination. My mom will vote for him even if he isn't the nominee.

Long live freedom!

smithnwesson
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I am actually hoping that if Ron Paul doesn't get the nom, then McCain does.

My reasoning is that this would make a perfect storm for a Ron Paul Independent run. True Conservatives will be left to vote for McCain/Fiengold/Kennedy/Amnesty/anti-tax cuts, or a liberal of the highest order.

If Ron Paul enters the race as a 3rd party, Republicans will have to decide if the war is really more important than tax cuts, border security, the strengthening of the dollar, and civil liberties. Obviously, some will vote pro-war, but I think many will see the good doctor's reasoning and vote for him. Nevermind all the democrats who wil vote for him on his civil liberties platform.

I hope Dr. Paul wins the nomination, and that McCain finishes 2nd.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Can Ron Paul go the distance?

YES!

priest_of_syrinx
01-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I am actually hoping that if Ron Paul doesn't get the nom, then McCain does.

My reasoning is that this would make a perfect storm for a Ron Paul Independent run. True Conservatives will be left to vote for McCain/Fiengold/Kennedy/Amnesty/anti-tax cuts, or a liberal of the highest order.

If Ron Paul enters the race as a 3rd party, Republicans will have to decide if the war is really more important than tax cuts, border security, the strengthening of the dollar, and civil liberties. Obviously, some will vote pro-war, but I think many will see the good doctor's reasoning and vote for him. Nevermind all the democrats who wil vote for him on his civil liberties platform.

I hope Dr. Paul wins the nomination, and that McCain finishes 2nd.

I actually hope for a Huckster VS Hillary matchup if Paul doesn't get the nomination. All the pundits HATE both, and will probably cling to Paul if he runs as a third party.

The problem is that he seems like he really doesn't want to put up with the BS of being an independent again. (See Morton Downey Jr. Show)

AlexMerced
01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
yeah, they always spin ind/3rd party as crazy people since they don't fit the prescribed mold of political thought

MN Patriot
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I actually hope for a Huckster VS Hillary matchup if Paul doesn't get the nomination. All the pundits HATE both, and will probably cling to Paul if he runs as a third party.

The problem is that he seems like he really doesn't want to put up with the BS of being an independent again. (See Morton Downey Jr. Show)

I think being a Liberarian candidate again wouldn't be as bad this time. Morton Downey Jr was a desparate attempt at publicity, no reason to do that this time. Especially if he had LP candidates running with him in every congressional district, giving him a grassroots base of support.

ronpauleddy
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
He Can!!! But We Need More Donations!!

How Much Is Freedom Worth!!

MozoVote
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
When I got my chance to shake Dr. Paul's hand in SC a few weeks ago, I said to him "I want you to stay in it all the way to South Dakota".

He replied "Is that where you're from?"

And I said: "No, because it's the last state to vote!" :)

I think it's quite possible he will, even if he's just getting 5% to 10% results everywhere. The message and the principles behind it mean enough to keep going. He's probably having more fun this time than his Libertarian run, anyway.

jkm1864
01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
All He has to do is wait it out .... The economy is getting worse every day and Americans are becoming afraid. The media might show more coverage the more the economy starts to tank like the dollar. I seriously doubt it but people might research their canidates. Also Ron Paul is the only one that has been speaking about what the problem is. The problem is over spending by the American people and the government.