PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher

mlpyeatt
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Word is .... Bill Maher has asked Ron Paul to appear on the show again live from the studio in California.

My grandfather is planning to fly out to accept the offer and appear on the show. It will be Friday night on HBO....

JoshLowry
05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Good to see you stop in Matt.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=762

We were talking about it in that thread... Thanks for the confirmation. :)

aravoth
05-22-2007, 06:30 PM
awsome

ronpaulitician
05-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Awesome!

Thursday: Educating Rudy
Friday: Bill Maher

One-two punch.

Buggan
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Seems as if Bill Maher is becoming an RP fan, like the rest of us:) Matt, alot of Swedes has started taking interest in your grandfather as well, the message of freedom is truly universal!

It would also be smart of RP to mention the Internet community during his interview. If he gets a person to go online and read about him, I'm quite certain the person in question would get a postive view.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Goes without saying, someone capture that feed for me and post it. Don't worry, I'll remind you Friday. :-)

TheConstitutionLives
05-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Fly out there? As in, be an hour long guest sitting at the desk?

retrorepublican
05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
sweet! i'm watching cspan right now too

mlpyeatt
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
He will not be on for the full hour. It will be MUCH different than last time. I would anticipate about 15 minutes of time where he will not be interupted and given the chance to say what he should have been able to say the first time.

He is even missing my brother's high school graduation to go and tape the show. My brother told him he had better be on that plane to do the show...:)

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Ah well, tape your brother's graduation and post it to YouTube for him. ;-)

EricH
05-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Sounds like one of those guest spots that come out on the stool for a 3-5 minute interview at the beginning of the show.
A seat at the table would be much better, but still - very positive for Dr. Paul. Bill Maher should at least give him a good moment to shine, given the `He's My New Hero' statement from last week.
E

qednick
05-22-2007, 07:54 PM
HBO is the only service we don't have :( I hope someone posts it on youtube afterwards.

mattman59
05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
That is really good to hear, I am a huge Maher fan and my politics are really close to his (closer to paul's though.) I am looking forward to this, I might actually watch this one live instead of downloading it the morning after.

denvervoipguru
05-23-2007, 02:37 AM
Matt,

Tell your brother Denver Ron Paul supporters say thank you!!!

Someone in my group said she talked to you about Ron's book a few days ago...

Can't wait to have those for our People's Fair on June 2nd!

ronpaulitician
05-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Is it possible he'll actually be a member of the panel? They always have three, and the official Real Time website (http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/) lists "This Friday, Bill welcomes Ben Affleck, PJ O'Rourke, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), and via satellite, Michael Moore."

Seth M.
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Is it possible he'll actually be a member of the panel? They always have three, and the official Real Time website (http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/) lists "This Friday, Bill welcomes Ben Affleck, PJ O'Rourke, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), and via satellite, Michael Moore."

The way it is worded sounds like you may be on to something.. ;)

angelatc
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Word is .... Bill Maher has asked Ron Paul to appear on the show again live from the studio in California.

My grandfather is planning to fly out to accept the offer and appear on the show. It will be Friday night on HBO....

I just subscribed to HBO, about 3 minutes ago,, just to see this show.

Edited to add: WOW! Is he getting ready to debate health care with Moore? O'Rourke and Paul against "Afflack" and MM?