PDA

View Full Version : Momentum not necessarily slowing

LukeP
01-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Just think of all the other projects that the grassroots funds instead of donating to the campaign, the blimp, full page ads in national magazines/newspapers, billboards, supplies, volunteer housing, call banks, mass mailings, you name it. If all that money was given the the campaign instead I'll bet we would be raising similar figures to last quarter. I think in so many ways it has been wiser for the grassroots to diversify their donations but we need to keep things is perspective. There are so many other places people have been putting their money but they have all been to support Ron Paul.

Yom
01-21-2008, 10:19 AM
More importantly, we didn't publicize this moneybomb as much as the other two. We had far fewer people signed up to donate.

SteveMartin
True...but there is no questioning the fact that national HQ has taken the wind out of the sails of the grassroots.

AND I DON'T CARE WHO READS THAT!!!

Mckarnin
[QUOTE=LukeP;1027126]Just think of all the other projects that the grassroots funds instead of donating to the campaign, the blimp, full page ads in national magazines/newspapers, billboards, supplies, volunteer housing, call banks, mass mailings, you name it. If all that money was given the the campaign instead I'll bet we would be raising similar figures to last quarter. I think in so many ways it has been wiser for the grassroots to diversify their donations but we need to keep things is perspective. There are so many other places people have been putting their

I guess some of us decided to diversify our portfolios :-)...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Is there any doubt that when you start losing primaries very badly, like in NH, support will slow down? This is news to anyone??

This is why we need a long-term mindset.

todelopez
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
This is still just the beginning we need to stay in to the end as a republican to be in debates etc. Does anyone know if a 3rd party run after the convention could be run? Or are there laws against it? I am ordering about $500 worth of slim jims today for our precints leaders to spread around our county we should all keep on calling florida and calif would be good does anyone know if call for Paul is still going or if there is a phone bank online for that yet?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Just think of all the other projects that the grassroots funds instead of donating to the campaign, the blimp, full page ads in national magazines/newspapers, billboards, supplies, volunteer housing, call banks, mass mailings, you name it. If all that money was given the the campaign instead I'll bet we would be raising similar figures to last quarter. I think in so many ways it has been wiser for the grassroots to diversify their donations but we need to keep things is perspective. There are so many other places people have been putting their money but they have all been to support Ron Paul.

From what I've noticed with people who don't know how to use the internet, they are still VERY active. We sometimes speculate too much on the forums. As a matter of fact, after NH we got a LOT of new support.

Caravello
01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
These jolts to the markets will wake people up, they will listening even harder now to the politicians roaming the country for votes. And I bet they will like what RP has to say, at least a good number of them.