PDA

View Full Version : COST OF SUPPORTING RON PAUL (repost)

Combat Infantry
01-21-2008, 10:12 AM
THE COST OF SUPPORTING RON PAUL

I would like to vent on how I was treated by Fort Henry Mall management in Kingsport, TN. I went there regularly before I started hauling the trailer.
I have a small 10 foot trailer that I am hauling a 4ft X 8ft Ron Paul sign on. I had my truck and sign parked in the parking lot at the Fort Henry Mall. I had backed my truck into a parking space but did have the trailer wheels in the grass so the mall management had my truck and trailer towed. My truck was parked as it should have been but the mall had two wreckers tow both my truck and my trailer at a cost to me of $153.80. When I saw that they had my truck and trailer towed I went to management and ask where my truck was towed to. (Oh, by the way I have a disabled veteran tag on my truck) My disability is related to agent orange so I am still fairly active but I was not dressed for the 3 mile walk to the impound lot to get my truck. At the time I talked to the manager I ask if I could park in the lot as I was in the mall about 2 hours each day. I was told that it would be alright as long as I parked in between the lines but I was hassled by the manager again because of where I was parked. I was parked in the same small lot where the ATM is on the Fort Henry Drive side. I reminded him that he said that I could park as long as I had it within the lines. He told me that I could not park there but agreed I could park within the other lots closer to the mall. So I will be there daily but may be hassled again even though I have followed his instructions.
In my discussion with the manager I ask if he thought there could have been another way he could have handled it other than have both my trailer and truck towed as the truck was parked as it should have been. I asked if maybe a note could have been left on my truck asking me to come by the office. (A first warning)
I must also say that neither my truck or trailer were obstructing traffic within the parking lot. I was parked on the perimeter of the parking lot Thanks for letting me vent. I was parked in a space on the perimeter of the lot.

It was all worth it to support RON PAUL

The sign is now on my truck. I was charged two tow bills one for the truck and one for the trailer. Now if the manager has it towed it will just cost one tow bill. It may be of interest to you that the trailer was locked to my trailer hitch and the lock was cut.

It was mentioned that this may be a good news story to get the good doctor some press. Anyone has my permission to re post this or use it for a news release as it is written.

I reposted this in case someone wants to use it in a news story.
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/1.jpg
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/3.jpg