PDA

View Full Version : 2008 House Elections

Richie
07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
The 2008 House elections will be held on the same day as the Presidential election (November 4, 2008). I've been searching pretty hard for a list of third party candidates, and I haven't been able to find one. I did find a list of Democrat and Republican candidates on Wikipedia, but it didn't list the third parties. Is anybody even running? All of the two party candidates in Maryland suck.

gravesdav
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Why don't you run if your over 25. Ron Paul always said if you care about things don't drop out, get involved. That's what Ron did.
Well it's only July 2007, there's still over a year so there's plenty of time yet.

Richie
07-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Why don't you run if your over 25. Ron Paul always said if you care about things don't drop out, get involved. That's what Ron did.
Well it's only July 2007, there's still over a year so there's plenty of time yet.

Umm... I'm 17. Not even close. hehe Otherwise, I'd love to run.

scrosnoe
07-29-2007, 08:11 PM
To really help Ron - the candidate filings must be on the Republican ticket for the primary. So even if there is a good libertarian running, don't hesitate to file on the Republican slate and then if you don't make it winning as a Republican and continuing to help RP in the general election - then you can drop down and vote for the libertarian in the general. If you do make it taking out the RINOS and the libertarians also have a candidate - may the best man win!

Man from La Mancha
07-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Superb idea have the libertarian party take over the Republican party. Ron is showing the way. Isn't the libertarian party very close to the Jeffersonian republican party. These Libs have the running experience already. Go For It!

United States
In the United States a person must be at least 35 to be President or Vice President, 30 to be a Senator, or 25 to be a Representative, as specified in the U.S. Constitution. Most states in the U.S. also have age requirements for the offices of Governor, State Senator, and State Representative. Some states have a minimum age requirement to hold any elected office (usually 21 or 18). Most states will not allow ballot access to people who do not meet the age requirement of the office they are running for. Below are some examples of state public office age requirements in the U.S.:

Michigan

Governor: 30
State Senator: 21
State Representative: 21
Any county or local office: 18
Oregon

South Dakota

Governor: 21
Lieutenant Governor: 21
Public Utilities Commissioner: 25
Tennessee

State Senator: 30
Texas

Governor 30
State Senator: 26
Any county or local office: Usually 18

ZackM
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Superb idea have the libertarian party take over the Republican party.

http://www.rlc.org

Republican Liberty Caucus. This is the group that Ron Paul has served as the chair of. I just recently discovered it's existence, so I think i'll set up camp and become a member. An established and organized group within the GOP is the best long term bet as far as I can see.

Working from within and helping to shape the future of the established GOP is a more winnable long term strategy than a 3rd party. I believe many "young" republicans like myself can strongly identify with this platform.

I hope the campaign turns over their email and donor list to the RLC regardless of the election.