PDA

View Full Version : can someone please explain

tsiguy96
01-21-2008, 02:51 AM
why ANYONE is voting for mccain? i cant think of a single issue i agree with him on, or that anybody for that matter should agree with him on. big govt, lots of wars, increase taxes, forget civil liberties etc. anyone?

Ex Post Facto
01-21-2008, 02:53 AM
I heard him speak, whole lot of fluff talk...nothing of substance. We want change, stuff like that.

r3volution1776
01-21-2008, 02:55 AM
I was at the polls with Mccain supporters in NH and all they said was that he was a POW and thats what we need in a president, I dont get it but in response we did admit to the Mccain supporters that he would make the best President...if our President were kidnapped!

Fields
He was tortured, that gives him credence for the presidency. Sad, but true.

Fields
I was at the polls with Mccain supporters in NH and all they said was that he was a POW and thats what we need in a president, I dont get it but in response we did admit to the Mccain supporters that he would make the best President...if our President were kidnapped!

haah, proves my point.

Molly1
01-21-2008, 02:58 AM
I heard Ron Paul say today on television that the voters in New Hampshire thought that McCain was against the war. So it's voter ignorance. Sad but true.

r3volution1776
01-21-2008, 02:59 AM
By the way and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that if you were in the military and you were caught, you were suppose to do everything you could to escape...and mccain passed up an opportunity to get let free...and don't give me the excuse it was for some sacrifice, because it wasn't like they were going to let anyone else free if he passed it up...its sort of like Kerry carrying around a camera in Vietnam to get that footage for when he runs for president.

cien750hp
01-21-2008, 02:59 AM
he spent thanksgiving with the troops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is very much in touch with the reality of iraq.

rfbz
01-21-2008, 03:00 AM
I honestly don't get it either. How does he set himself apart from the other candidates? He's basically saying the same neocon talking points

cien750hp
01-21-2008, 03:01 AM
By the way and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that if you were in the military and you were caught, you were suppose to do everything you could to escape...and mccain passed up an opportunity to get let free...and don't give me the excuse it was for some sacrifice, because it wasn't like they were going to let anyone else free if he passed it up...its sort of like Kerry carrying around a camera in Vietnam to get that footage for when he runs for president.

if i was in the military and captured along with some others, i would expect them to take every chance they have to escape. i don't care about honor or you staying behind for me, if you have the chance to escape you better take it. both of us shouldn't die or still be imprisoned instead of just one if there is that option. honor to me would be them getting back safe, not staying for me.

Fields
01-21-2008, 03:02 AM
I heard Ron Paul say today on television that the voters in New Hampshire thought that McCain was against the war. So it's voter ignorance. Sad but true.

That was based on exit polls.

r3volution1776
01-21-2008, 03:02 AM
He's basically saying the same neocon talking points

No he doesn't, he tends to add his own special talking points like "100 years in Iraq"

hawks4ronpaul
01-21-2008, 03:07 AM
I was at the polls with Mccain supporters in NH and all they said was that he was a POW

McCain was a POW, so he has a history of surrendering to the enemy.

Ron Paul never surrenders.

PS: No offense to non-warmonger POWs.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/