PDA

View Full Version : Any RP materials in SPANISH out there?

dsarver88
01-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Hello,

I am new to this forum but not to RP!

Does anyone have the same RP materials that are out there but written in Spanish?

Believe it or not, I have had a lot of success talking to legal immigrants who still believe in America as it should be.

Anyone?

Thx.

MusoSpuso
01-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Hello,

I am new to this forum but not to RP!

Does anyone have the same RP materials that are out there but written in Spanish?

Believe it or not, I have had a lot of success talking to legal immigrants who still believe in America as it should be.

Anyone?

Thx.

Don't legal immigrants have to pass a literacy test for english?

steph3n
01-21-2008, 12:36 AM

Not really, it isn't even all immigrants here in FL citizens grow up speaking 95% spanish in some houses.

Jorge here in miami has some spanish fliers and he was going to send them to me to reformat them down to a 3 per page for faster/more flyering per page but I think he forgot. I will text message him in the morning a reminder :D

Corydoras
01-21-2008, 12:41 AM
And of course you know about ronpaulparapresidente.com

Eponym_mi
01-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Do we have any supporters in Puerto Rico? I just looked and they have 23 delegates going to the convention. Their caucus is Feb 24.

NoxTwilight
01-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I have access to a Spanish brochure for Ron. PM me if you would like me to email it to you.

Inflation
01-21-2008, 01:03 AM
one is in the San Francisco meetup's file area.

buenos noches!

Kregener
01-21-2008, 01:08 AM
What about Swahili? Or Romanian?

Diversity is truly an asset....to the printers of government materials.

Corydoras
01-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey, it's a vote for Ron Paul.

purepaloma
01-21-2008, 01:23 AM
www.latinoronpaul.com/

Bilgefisher
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm very torn about this. On the one hand I want to tell everyone about Ron Paul, on the other hand I get very frustrated when immigrants don't bother to learn the native tongue of the country that is giving them a fresh opportunity. When my family came from Italy, no one in the household was allowed to speak Italian. When in America... Sorry, I suppose that was a rant. I hope you find the info you were looking for.

blakjak
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM

No, English is not the official language of America.

all J's in IL for RP
01-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Of course, the there is the Spanish version of the official website, with Spanish language slim jims and bumper stickers available.

http://www.ronpaulparapresidente.com/

Fields
01-21-2008, 01:58 AM

It's not which is correct, but then again what is the name of our country: The United States of America or Los Estados Unidos?

DirtMcGirt
01-21-2008, 02:02 AM
that website is your best bet... he wants to trade with fidel!!!

RonPaulCult
01-21-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm very torn about this. On the one hand I want to tell everyone about Ron Paul, on the other hand I get very frustrated when immigrants don't bother to learn the native tongue of the country that is giving them a fresh opportunity. When my family came from Italy, no one in the household was allowed to speak Italian. When in America... Sorry, I suppose that was a rant. I hope you find the info you were looking for.

This bothers me - everytime somebody posts on here looking for Ron Paul info to give to voters that speak Spanish I see posts like this.

I thought we were all about the federal government not dictating our lives? So why then are you so insistant that the federal government tells you what language to speak!?!!

Our country has never made English the official language. For hundreds of years the free market has decided and most of the time the free market lands on English.

I moved to Spain about 4 months ago and I am having a hell of a time learning the language. I go to school for it 20 hours a week and still I don't understand things very well. Maybe if I live here for years that will change - but I think I will always understand things more clearly in my native tounge.

For something as important as where my vote is going - I want it in English. These are voters we are trying to get - stop judging them!

dsarver88
01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I will use the info to help fellow Americans vote.

Where do I come down on the "English Official Language" issue?

Well, I guess I would rather live in a peaceful, prosperous "Ron Paul America" that follows the constitution and I be the only person that speaks English...

And then I would hope my fellow Americans would offer me a hand up (not a hand out) in assimilating into the culture.

And then we would all remember that the original Americans spoke common languages and we should honor that heritage...

Cherokee... Navajo... :)

AlexMerced
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/alexmerced/SpanishFlyer-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/alexmerced/SpanishFlyer2.jpg

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Yeah I don't understand the responses. Some of you people are really angry individuals. It's kind of scary.

Should we amend the Constitution? ;)

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
This bothers me - everytime somebody posts on here looking for Ron Paul info to give to voters that speak Spanish I see posts like this.

I thought we were all about the federal government not dictating our lives? So why then are you so insistant that the federal government tells you what language to speak!?!!

Our country has never made English the official language. For hundreds of years the free market has decided and most of the time the free market lands on English.

I moved to Spain about 4 months ago and I am having a hell of a time learning the language. I go to school for it 20 hours a week and still I don't understand things very well. Maybe if I live here for years that will change - but I think I will always understand things more clearly in my native tounge.

For something as important as where my vote is going - I want it in English. These are voters we are trying to get - stop judging them!

Amen.

AlexMerced
01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah I don't understand the responses. Some of you people are really angry individuals. It's kind of scary.

Should we amend the Constitution? ;)

lol, I feel ya, I understand the problem, but some people are just soo angry

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
lol, I feel ya, I understand the problem, but some people are just soo angry

It really doesn't help us at all. There are many Hispanics that don't support illegal immigration and it doesn't help us to demonize all people that speak Spanish.

I couldn't imagine more gov't intereference in your life than telling you what language you can speak.