PDA

View Full Version : New Voter Guide brochure for Christians

imaginegirl
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
I put this together & would like to make it go viral.. :) Anyone who wants the high-res pdf to print off & give to friends/family/churches/pastors, etc PLEASE PM me & I'll get it right to you!

Low-res Preview below...

http://www.geocities.com/eiresong/Voter_Guide.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/eiresong/Voter_Guide2.jpg

Note - these are meant to be a tri-fold brochure & can be mailed (the back is left blank for addresses)...

Please forward widely to any Christians you know. Also, if you know of other sites I can post this to get it widespread, let me know that as well. Especially sites I can post the high-res PDF (2MB) for download.

Thank you!!!

therealjjj77
01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Can't see it. Please repost. :)

Corydoras
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Nice job!

JohnM
01-21-2008, 05:56 AM
This sort of thing is a good idea, but it has to be done well.

If there are questions about a brochure's accuracy, then it has no credibility, and it is worse than useless.

So how do you define "strongly supports the rights of the unborn"? I think that supporters of Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson might argue with you. Sure we know about Thompson's lobbying and Romney's change of mind, but does that really mean that one can say that they don't strongly support the rights of the unborn today?

And what is your source for saying that none of the others subscribe to Augustine's Just War theory? I personally believe that they don't, but I've never heard any of them saying anything about it.

And does Dr Paul really oppose dividing Jerusalem for peace? I would have thought that a non-interventionist would not express an opinion on the subject?

I could go on. Basically, I like the concept, but it must be seen to be fair and accurate.

imaginegirl
01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I tried to make it fair & accurate... The sources (too small to see in the jpgs) are from ChristiansforRonPaul.com & a "report card" done by American Family Association. I only copy/pasted what they had & went off of articles AFA wrote about Jerusalem.

All the results are according to their actual voting records, not what they're currently saying. And anyone can look up the sites sourced (top left of the page with the chart) & find out for themselves, which I'm hoping they do. If anything is found to be clearly unaccurate (backed up by PROOF of an actual voting record, not just what they're saying on TV right now) I'm happy to change it!

Thanks for your thoughts!

JohnM
01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I tried to make it fair & accurate... And anyone can look up the sites sourced (top left of the page with the chart) & find out for themselves, which I'm hoping they do.

Great! I hope it proves useful.

L.A.mama
01-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Great going imaginegirl!

I'm kind of embarrassed to share my project after the professional one you've done. But I've been working on a page that I think might contain some useful talking points for Christians.

It's called Christians Expose Huckabee:

http://www.freewebs.com/daughtersofsara/christiansexposehuckabee.htm

I'd love for someone to take some of the info. I've tried to collect there and do a brochure!

imaginegirl
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice info gathering... I think I covered most of the points in the brochure (found so much, tried to concentrate on the bigger stuff - ethics, etc) & don't worry, I'm a graphic artist all day long, so it had to look professional. :)

Seems like after South Carolina, Christians are also flocking to McCain. The biggest problem I have with him is he has no backbone. In his own words, he's flip-flopped on almost every major issue. So what makes us think he can hold his own like Dr. Paul has once he's in office? So I added him to the blank panel on the brochure. If people want to mail it, it'll fit nicely in an envelope. I also tweaked a couple things & added the "not part of any official campaign" text (thought that was important). PLEASE download the pdf & send it to everyone you can!!
h ttp://files.meetup.com/619210/2008_Christian_Voter_Guide.pdf (link broken)

0zzy
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Info is inaccurate. Ron Paul didn't say gays shouldn't adopt, he said there should be federal monies going towards any type of adoption.

imaginegirl
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Info was taken from sources cited in small print at top of the page. I took the source's research instead of polling every candidate myself (too time consuming). See above for actual sources quoted. They asked the questions, so I cite them on the brochure.

jarofclay
01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow. Can we please repost this for you? Please PM me and I would like to get this up. We can have it on at least 2 sites with high bandwidth. Thank you.