PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Defining Moment

RPSignbomb
01-20-2008, 08:32 PM
During the next debate Dr. Paul needs a defining moment. Ronald Regan had one which set him apart "I am paying for this microphone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHve9iQymqE

They were very similar candidates with one difference, Regan understood how to play up to a crowd, how to stand strong. Dr. Paul, the time is now... during the next debate.... let it all hang out. WE NEED A DEFINING MOMENT! People must see you strong, presidential, and able to connect with with.

Any suggestions on what he can do??????

I'll kick off an idea: Rudy will laugh at him, we know this. He does it at every debate. I'd like to see Dr Paul say this "Mr. Giuliani - I realize manners are not something some New York's pride themsevles on but I'd appreciate the oppurtunity to listen to the questions and answer without your interruption"

wgadget
01-20-2008, 08:35 PM
He absolutely MUST keep the pitch of his voice down. My dumb husband actually says he wouldn't vote for him because of his "whiny" voice.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Please, Dr. Paul, make him take it back!

wgadget
01-20-2008, 08:36 PM
During the next debate Dr. Paul needs a defining moment. Ronald Regan had one which set him apart "I am paying for this microphone"

They were very similar candidates with one difference, Regan understood how to play up to a crowd, how to stand strong. Dr. Paul, the time is now... during the next debate.... let it all hang out. WE NEED A DEFINING MOMENT! People must see you strong, presidential, and able to connect with with.

I'll kick off an idea: Rudy will laugh at him, we know this. He does it at every debate. I'd like to see Dr Paul say this "Mr. Giuliani - I realize manners are not something some New York's pride themsevles on but I'd appreciate the oppurtunity to listen to the questions and answer without your interruption"

No need to get New Yorkers against us...After all, we haven't had the NY primary yet. :D

wgadget
01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I kinda like the money burning idea. You know, it's all about the economy these days...

CaliforniaGold
He needs a quick snappy line. I like this one:

My idea of a Patriot Act is an act of peaceful civil disobedience, not government wiretapping.
I just posted this on the soundbites thread.

Lord Xar
I think he needs to come out swinging..

If he continues to be he wallflower, that is how he will be perceived. He needs to realize he is fighting for America and needs to act accordingly.

I would say he needs to call out McCain on his corruption issues, and amnesty bill.... and the others.. fire away.. He needs to take it to them.. Get on Romeny and the others for their lack of economic understanding etc..

FIRE AWAY RON, FIRE AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Like my father use to say..

"Keep punching, kid. Keep punching"

wgadget
01-20-2008, 08:39 PM
I think he needs to come out swinging..

If he continues to be he wallflower, that is how he will be perceived. He needs to realize he is fighting for America and needs to act accordingly.

I would say he needs to call out McCain on his corruption issues, and amnesty bill.... and the others.. fire away.. He needs to take it to them.. Get on Romeny and the others for their lack of economic understanding etc..

FIRE AWAY RON, FIRE AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Like my father use to say..

"Keep punching, kid. Keep punching"

But don't keep whining. And yes, he needs to offer SOLUTIONS. That's what people want.

RPSignbomb
It must be bold and it must be strong. We have NOTHING to lose now. Dr. Paul must turn the tide ... I want it playing all over the news the next day.

wd4freedom

He must pause- look directly at the American People and speak the truth. Let them know how the principles of freedom, that if restored, will bring a brighter hope to everyone, as individuals, families, and local communities.

wgadget
01-20-2008, 08:40 PM
He must pause- look directly at the American People and speak the truth. Let them know how the principles of freedom, that if restored, will bring a brighter hope to everyone, as individuals, families, and local communities.

You mean, "Hope for America?"

RPSignbomb
01-20-2008, 08:44 PM
"Fox News has tried to censor me but you can't censor the American people - They want lower taxes, smaller government, less war, secure borders, and a strong military ... and when I'm elected President I'm the person who will deliver this to them"

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I want it playing all over the news the next day.

That's crazy talk.

But, you guys have to admit that he's improved each time out. Last time, he improved so much, they cut him out of re-airs. I expect him to improve again.

wgadget
01-20-2008, 08:46 PM
"Fox News has tried to censor me but you can't censor the American people - They want lower taxes, smaller government, less war, secure borders, and a strong military ... and when I'm elected President I'm the person who will deliver this to them"

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

PatriotOne
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Maybe's it's just me but I want RP to pull out taser gun and taze the holy shit out the first thug who snickers at him during a debate. Wrong I know, but I would pay big money to see it anyways and it would be the most shocking defining moment in history, eh?

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I thought he had one when he talked about borrowing from the Chinese to pay Musharaff who overthrew an elected govt. so we could invade Iraq and lose thousands of lives to support democracy.

The audience got it.

Fox news got it and tried to suppress it.

Why haven't the American people gotten it yet?

RPSignbomb
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Maybe's it's just me but I want RP to pull out taser gun and taze the holy shit out the first thug who snickers at him during a debate. Wrong I know, but I would pay big money to see it anyways and it would be the most shocking defining moment in history, eh?

lol It would be defining, that is for sure.

RPSignbomb
01-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I thought he had one when he talked about borrowing from the Chinese to pay Musharaff who overthrew an elected govt. so we could invade Iraq and lose thousands of lives to support democracy.

The audience got it.

It was too complex at first run... the smart people got it, the other ones it went over their head. I still think it was a GREAT moment! He needs a soundbite defining moment.

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe something like this:

"Let me see if I get this straight.

Instead of using our using our military resources

to find Osama Bin Laden and the terrorists who we know were behind the 9-11 attacks,

and to secure our border with Mexico which we know is wide open,

we spend hundreds of billions of dollars

and take 10's of thousands of American casualties

to invade and occupy a foreign country

that never did and never could attack us

so we can create even more terrorists that will attack us in the future?

Where's the sense in that?

And you call me weak on National Defense"

RPSignbomb
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
bump

wgadget
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM

Yep, definitely shocking.:D

ronpauleddy
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
guys he's on his 10th term in office!! I think he knows how to get it done!! let the DR. work his magic!

Richie
01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I've always thought that "I take my marching orders from the Constitution!" was his defining moment.

RPSignbomb
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
guys he's on his 10th term in office!! I think he knows how to get it done!! let the DR. work his magic!

Really? How is Dr. Paul doing nationally? We love him in the debates because he's our guy... other people tell me they think he appears weak because others give him no respect and laugh at him. Time to take the gloves off... we are LOSING!

Taco John
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Defining moments aren't planned. They're drawn out of your character by the heat of the moment.

Ron Paul has had one of these in just about every debate.

abruzz0
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
He absolutely MUST keep the pitch of his voice down. My dumb husband actually says he wouldn't vote for him because of his "whiny" voice.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Please, Dr. Paul, make him take it back!

Your husband should be castrated

abruzz0
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I've always thought that "I take my marching orders from the Constitution!" was his defining moment.

That was solid, and gave me goosebumps

phree
01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
My dumb husband actually says he wouldn't vote for him because of his "whiny" voice.

Wow. Is he good looking, and rich at least? :D

CareerTech1
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Do something besides invoke Ronald Reagan!!!

JS4Pat
01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
I like it.

He needs to look directly into the camera and say it slowly and forcefully.

Maybe he could also add at the end...

And as far as I can see - there is not another person on this stage who can make that claim.

westmich4paul
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I agree that he has done well in all the debates, sometimes almost too well as that the ideas he expresses are almost too complicated in nature for the General public. Keep it simple, keep it short. Ask the American taxpayers if they like paying 3.00 a gal for gas, 3.50 for milk, ect. then is simple details tell them why and what must be done and why nobody else is talking about this.

I do think he has done well but he must attack, even if it is not in his nature this is a must. He got great reception for attacking Huckabee an the war issue. And greater attn for attacking Guliani. No both of these attacks were on the defensive end and look at the attn they garnered. Now put his attacks on the offensive end and as long as they have merit and really show the candidates for who they are and what they truly believe it won't come off as just being an attacking jerk, although I think the public likes this because it seemed to definately help McCain.

I seriously think if guiliani snickers again he needs to jump that mic and tell Rudy, "Rudy if I hear you snicker me or my ideas again I will come over the're and bitch slap your ___. " And that goes for the rest of you too! Especially you John you disrespect me again and I will whip your war-mongor ass!

Oh the media we would get then!

fuzzybekool
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Ronald Reagan was the "Great Communicator". We love Ron Paul but he is just not as effective at communicating a vision of how America would look like if he was President.

Message and idea = Dead On
Convincing the Sheep = Still Lacking

JS4Pat
01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
I seriously think if guiliani snickers again he needs to jump that mic and tell Rudy, "Rudy if I hear you snicker me or my ideas again I will come over the're and bitch slap your ___. " And that goes for the rest of you too! Especially you John you disrespect me again and I will whip your war-mongor ass!

Yes - a truly defining moment!:D

BuddyRey
01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Ron Paul should (with some alterations) give a speech like the character V from "V for Vendetta."

"There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way.
Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.
I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now High Chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives.
So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot."

wfd40
01-20-2008, 10:38 PM

The audience got it.

This was definitely a moment... now, if we could somehow manifest that into some kind of attack on McCain (cause, fair or not... he's the new GOP golden boy) Paul could change the entire game with one fell swoop.

And when McCain counters with some kind of low jab.. Paul should follow up with:

"Don't you dare question my :: patriotism/honor/honesty:: I've voted the same way for over 30 years.. I've voted what the constitution says.. freedom, personal liberty, and above all.. no threats to foreign entanglements.. I've spoken the truth and was against this war when the entire HOUSE OF CONGRESS were buying the stories of WMDs and beating the drums of war.. so cut the cute stuff John. We've got some serious economic issues to deal with right now, and whose going to deal with them.. You? I don't think so, you dont even understand the difference b/w spending a trillion dollars overseas in Iraq and cutting 180million dollar bridge to nowhere... you think cutting the second somehow makes you morally sound..you want cut spending John.. you stop spending trillions overseas and start saving trillions here at home."

or something to that effect

;)