PDA

View Full Version : People plucked off streets, picked for emergency jury duty

UtahApocalypse
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
This is crap.....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1955189/posts
Click link for full story....

Karen McMillan walked into the jury room in the Weld County Courthouse on Wednesday morning trying to keep her feet from pounding the floor out of frustration.

"This is not right," McMillan told court administrators, who had minutes before served her with an emergency jury summons in the downtown Greeley Safeway.

"You need to give us warning," McMillan said. "We have jobs to go to."

McMillan was in the grocery store in downtown Greeley, 1122 11th Ave., picking up a few things and trying to get to work when she was approached by an administrator for the court and told she had to drop everything and go to the courthouse to serve, work or not.

slantedview
01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
that's bullshit. i'm guessing that if the court there had a good enough process in place for jury summons, they wouldn't have to resort to this kind of crap.

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
i would of kicked the guy in the balls and continue doing shopping...

yongrel
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
not grassroots.

zadrock
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Fortunately, I can't serve on a jury in my home state.

From the MD Constitution:
"nor shall any person, otherwise competent, be deemed incompetent as a witness, or juror, on account of his religious belief; provided, he believes in the existence of God"

Atheism has its privileges. :p On the down side, I can't hold public office in MD for the same reason. :mad:

Z

Kludge
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Fortunately, I can't serve on a jury in my home state.

From the MD Constitution:
"nor shall any person, otherwise competent, be deemed incompetent as a witness, or juror, on account of his religious belief; provided, he believes in the existence of God"

Atheism has its privileges. :p On the down side, I can't hold public office in MD for the same reason. :mad:

Z

... Is that really enforced?

w2992
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I volunteer to be on the bush clinton cheney war crimes jury!

I know Ron Paul is not a racist. from 1980 to 2000 i served on a jury every year. I not been called in 10 years. They must have a do not call list. The last time i served was on an all white jury. With Ron Paul truth I stood alone against 11 for 3 days to release non violent black drug dealer who would have done manditory 20 years. The judge gave me "the look" and some of the other jurers threatened to kill me.
Charlie Walker

zadrock
01-23-2008, 09:39 PM
... Is that really enforced?

Only one way to find out.

I'm not running for office anytime soon, but I imagine I'll get jury duty sooner or later.

Z

einjun
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM

I know Ron Paul is not a racist. from 1980 to 2000 i served on a jury every year. I not been called in 10 years. They must have a do not call list. The last time i served was on an all white jury. With Ron Paul truth I stood alone against 11 for 3 days to release non violent black drug dealer who would have done manditory 20 years. The judge gave me "the look" and some of the other jurers threatened to kill me.
Charlie Walker

Could you tell us more? I find our story very interesting. What do you mean when you say "With Ron Paul truth". You mean with ideas similar to Ron Paul's? Was Ron Paul involved ?

Molly1
01-24-2008, 12:24 AM

Charlie Walker

wow Good for you not backing down from voting your conscience!

I know there is no greater force in the world than the peer pressure generated in a jury room.

You are one strong person.

bbachtung
01-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Other places increase the numbers of summonses that they mail out based on average turn-out. This place sounds a little backward.