PDA

View Full Version : Article: Energized Paul speaks in S.A.

angelatc
07-29-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA072907.03B.Candidate_Notebook.31d8592.html

Texas Rep. Ron Paul, his long-shot campaign for the GOP presidential nomination recently juiced by the Internet and comedy talk shows, stepped out of a gold minivan and into a throng of supporters near the Alamo late Saturday afternoon.

After a round of handshakes and picture-taking, the 10-term congressman from Lake Jackson delivered his increasingly familiar libertarian rap.

In a brief speech to more than 200 supporters, Paul, a physician, called for abolishing the income tax and the Federal Reserve system, getting out of the United Nations and pulling troops from Iraq.

Wonderful picture of him walking from the Alamo to the center where he spoke.

shrugged0106
07-29-2007, 09:29 AM
so, as history dictates. How many supporters were "really" there? 500? 1k? lol

angelatc
07-29-2007, 09:44 AM
The 200 number is higher than the earlier 100 I saw in an earlier thread here. That hardly ever happens. :)

Thomas_Paine
07-29-2007, 10:31 AM
The 200 number is higher than the earlier 100 I saw in an earlier thread here. That hardly ever happens. :)

Is there any video of this event?

Lord Xar
07-29-2007, 11:02 AM
this is so typical...

apparently there was a VERY large turnout, and the fundraiser was sold out!

It was also noted that MORE, MANY more supporters were there for Ron Paul than for Obama, who was in that part of town a month earlier...

But will you hear about that?

Elwar
07-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Ya, I was the one that mentioned there were about 100 people at the rally...I'm no judge of crowds so it could've been more.

The rally was a pre-event to the fundraiser...which is what the article was reporting on. The fundraiser had many more people...500 easily. Like someone mentioned, they had to have people spill over into the downstairs tables to eat.