PDA

View Full Version : I think more educated voters mean more RP votes

ryvin1
01-20-2008, 03:59 PM
My answer to the reluctance to vote for RP and I think if people look up the details would actually lead to more RP votes. Also believe if Ron Paul said something like this during a debate it would actually get more supporters. What do you guys think?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hope for our great nation is that everyone votes during the upcoming Primary, and they vote for the candidate that truly best represents them. That people vote for the candidate that they believe best addresses the most important issues that we face as a nation. We often hear the common complaint about voting for the "lesser of two evils" when voting for president, but many don't realize how important this choice during the primaries is, because currently in our country you really only have a chance to become president if you are a member of one of these two parties.

Don't rely on the debates as the form of research to make this choice. Doing that is taking a major topic like "The Economy of the largest super power in the free world" and truncating it into the clif note 30 second sound bite, or worse just read the recap of the debate retold by someone else that truncates all the 30 second sound bites that somehow address all the major issues of the free world into a nice 45 second read. If you watch the debates, please remember most of what each candidate says may not even be true. You can check http://www.factcheck.org/ as they seem like a great impartial resource that goes to great lengths to validate or disprove each statement said by every candidate, pointing out when each candidate might over or under state achievements, or just be straight up incorrect.

We go to great lengths researching when we buy a house or a car, and this choice is something I believe is equally important. Please go to each candidate's website and read how they plan to address the issues, and find the one that you believe makes the most sense to you, and best represents you. Check the candidates past voting record to see if they are saying things different now then how they have voted in the past. History more then likely repeats it self with a person's actions then it will follow the lip service that is played to try to win someone's vote.

Vote for the person you believe in, no matter what others tell you. This is where many people try to beat the system and be "smart", but really end up playing into someone's else hands because they abandon what they truly believe, and validate things they don't believe. If for some reason the person you choose doesn't get the nomination, your vote of your beliefs still plays an important role. Who does get the nomination from either party will give those ideas merit if they want to get your vote for president, and if enough people stand for their beliefs even if it's not the majority, they will take notice and those ideas will become topics of debate, because they want your vote. When you vote for someone you are validating their position and ideas, please don't back someone because you don't like someone else, there is no memo field on your vote that lets the person you voted for know you only did it because you don't like the other person and thought he was only person with a chance to beat the candidate you don't like. They will just think they must be right because they got your vote.

Many people believe when they vote for the president their vote doesn't matter. During the primaries it actually does. Please research, use common sense and vote for the representative that best represents you. Own your vote.