PDA

View Full Version : One quick step to drastically cut down your cell phone radiation instantly

Liberty Star
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM
I tried it, it works. Cell signal bars on my phone went up from almost half to max level when I held phone at the base instead of covering top end of phone with normal grip of full hand:

Step 4: Don’t Obstruct Your Cell Phone’s Antenna.

Obstructing the antenna of your cell phone during use increases the amount of radiation from it that is absorbed into the brain. This is because obstructing the antenna of your phone reduces its efficiency, causing your phone to use more power in order to maintain signal quality, and so to emit more radiation. It may also be that obstructing the antenna of your phone increases the proportion of the radiation from it that you absorb, reflecting some of it off your hand and back into your head. To minimise the risks of cell phone use, you should therefore always hold your phone at its base, causing minimum obstruction to the antenna.

Here are all of the Five ways to limit risk:

http://www.cellphonesafety.info/step-four.html

More info here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/08/Cellphone_head_sar_1.png/469px-Cellphone_head_sar_1.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health

asgardshill
01-20-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't have a cell phone - if somebody wants to talk to me badly enough, they can leave a voicemail on my landline. I had to carry a beeper (i.e. little electronic ball and chain) for so many years that it soured me completely on having a cell.

yongrel
01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that cell phones have never been linked to brain tumors or any other fun ailments by a reliable medical study.

Madcat455
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
People should know where the actual antenna is located.. many newer phones have the antenna located in the bottom of the phone on the back. Motorola, Samsung, and LG's are a few that I know of.

Just a FYI

Madcat455
01-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that cell phones have never been linked to brain tumors or any other fun ailments by a reliable medical study.

You're right... the person who started the whole "tumor" craze was using lab rats that were already exposed to other carcinogens, and they exposed the rats to higher levels of RF for 24hrs straight for who knows how long.

There was an actual test done with 100,000 people in Finland, noting was found. I think the test has stopped.

I've been working for at&t wireless since 1999 before the "Craze"....LOL. You should've seen all the people threaten to sue us over every little headache they had:p:p

Had one lady who swore for an hour that everytime she put her phone to her head, it started hurting.... she was gonna sue... blah blah. I looked at her, said... "then stop using the cell phone". I don't think that was the answer she wanted. :D:D

steph3n
01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
You're right... the person who started the whole "tumor" craze was using lab rats that were already exposed to other carcinogens, and they exposed the rats to higher levels of RF for 24hrs straight for who knows how long.

There was an actual test done with 100,000 people in Finland, noting was found. I think the test has stopped.

I've been working for at&t wireless since 1999 before the "Craze"....LOL. You should've seen all the people threaten to sue us over every little headache they had:p:p

Had one lady who swore for an hour that everytime she put her phone to her head, it started hurting.... she was gonna sue... blah blah. I looked at her, said... "then stop using the cell phone". I don't think that was the answer she wanted. :D:D

probably the person sh was talking to that gave the headache :D

Madison
01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Use an ear piece or headset.

Dibold
01-20-2008, 06:13 PM

"reliable medical studies" (by our own government and FDA no less) at one point also said cocaine and heroin were miracle drugs that could cure the common cold and whatever ailed you.

dsentell
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
One quick step to drastically cut down your cell phone radiation instantly

Stop using it . . . .

No radiation -- instantly! :D

lucius
01-21-2008, 01:31 PM

Mobile phone radiation wrecks your sleep
Phone makers' own scientists discover that bedtime use can lead to headaches, confusion and depression

"...The study – carried out by scientists from the blue-chip Karolinska Institute and Uppsala University in Sweden and from Wayne State University in Michigan, USA – is thought to be the most comprehensive of its kind.

Published by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium and funded by the Mobile Manufacturers Forum, representing the main handset companies, it has caused serious concern among top sleep experts, one of whom said that there was now "more than sufficient evidence" to show that the radiation "affects deep sleep"..."

http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article3353768.ece